01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.pollster.com/08-AL-Rep-Pres-Primary.php

http://www.pollster.com/ALTopzReps600.png

Jobarra
01-31-2008, 11:16 AM
73%? 27% undecided or something?

Dave39168
01-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I was pretty suprised when i saw these pollster numbers. When I drove through North Alabama a month ago there was RP signs all over the place. I also understand that there are some very active meetups in Alabama. I really feel like we are going to much better than expected in Alabama.

freedom-maniac
01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
For the first 3 quarters Rudy raised the most in AL, with Mitt 2nd, Fred 3rd, John McCain 4th, RP 5th, and then Hunter and Huck.

With Rudy and Fred out, we may be looking at 3rd place in "Huckabee country" if you go by money, but this seems to contridict the polls.

Bradley in DC
02-02-2008, 02:54 AM
http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=0971aebc-7ffa-4131-bbe7-1efa7b7e6d69

Paul at 5%, 7% with men, 10% with 18-34s and Hispanics, 15% with independents, 6% in the northern region and 3% in the southern region.

Moderates Push McCain Atop Huckabee in Alabama GOP Primary: In a Republican Primary in Alabama today, 02/01/08, 4 days before Super Tuesday, John McCain defeats Mike Huckabee, according to a SurveyUSA poll conducted exclusively for WKRG-TV Mobile. Among Conservatives, Huckabee and McCain tie. Among those who attend church regularly, Huckabee and McCain tie. But when all likely Republican Primary voters are examined, McCain finishes at 40%, Huckabee at 31%, Mitt Romney at 21%. McCain's 23-point lead among Moderates provides his margin of victory.

Filtering / Timing: 2,000 state of Alabama adults were interviewed 01/30/08 and 01/31/08. Of them, 1,783 were registered to vote. Of them, 629 were determined by SurveyUSA to have already voted, or to be certain to vote at the precinct on Primary Day. All interviews conducted after results of Florida Primary were known. Half of interviews conducted prior to Republican debate on 01/30/08, half conducted after. John McCain received a number of prominent endorsements during the field period for this survey. The full effect of those endorsements, if there is any, may not yet be reflected in this data. Early voting: Mobile County and Baldwin County voters had the option, but not the obligation, to vote early, to avoid a conflict on 02/05/08 with Mardi Gras. 10% of those who participated in this survey had already voted.

Give me liberty
02-02-2008, 02:55 AM
You know Bradley in DC you arent helping with your poll spamming

stevedasbach
02-02-2008, 09:06 AM
You know Bradley in DC you arent helping with your poll spamming

Yeah, better that we stick our heads in the sand, ignore the polls, and fantasize about Dr. Paul winning a state where he's polling 5%. Then, when he actually gets 5%, we can all scream "vote fraud" and delude ourselves into thinking that he really won.

Maybe the mods should set up a poll subforum for those of us who prefer to know what we're really up against and whether we're making any headway. That way, those who don't want to know can simply avoid that subforum.

jjockers
02-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks Bradley. I for one appreciate your "poll-spamming". Nothing wrong with reality checks.

One interesting thing here:

Not unexpectedly, it appears that Guiliani's supporters have entirely gone on to support McCain. Their slopes are practically inverted at a particular junction in time!

Bradley in DC
02-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, better that we stick our heads in the sand, ignore the polls, and fantasize about Dr. Paul winning a state where he's polling 5%. Then, when he actually gets 5%, we can all scream "vote fraud" and delude ourselves into thinking that he really won.

Maybe the mods should set up a poll subforum for those of us who prefer to know what we're really up against and whether we're making any headway. That way, those who don't want to know can simply avoid that subforum.

Thanks Steve, I've been requesting a poll subforum for months.