PDA

View Full Version : Focus Group???

freelance
08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Check this out:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0807/5257.html

This was Frank Luntz's focus group. This article says many of the same things and uses many of the same phrases that we read about Ron Paul earlier today. What do you all make of this? It says that Huckabee won, hands down.

-------------------

Here's what I found on Lew Rockwell:

Fox Focus Group Rates Ron Paul the Winner
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 01:30 PM

Who won? Was it one of the eight criminal pygmies or Ron Paul? Both the ABC and Drudge polls have Ron leading, of course.

And here's some inside info: Fox News held a focus group in a diner near Drake University, where the debate was held. 25 people rated the candidates' answers on Fox laptops, and thanks to a Des Moines Meet-Up member who was able to attend as a restaurant worker, here's an inside report:

Ron's answers were rated far higher than other candidates--indeed, one was so high it froze the main computer, requiring a reboot--and when the 25 people were asked to vote on the winner after the debate by raising their hands, Ron also won.

Whether the Sean Hannity producer who ran the focus group will be reporting on this, I think we know.

ronpaulitician
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Many Republicans (most?) still care more about their party than about their principles. They must continue to support the war, because it was started by a Republican president. Had Gore been elected in 2000, and had president Gore ordered the invasion of Iraq, Republicans would want us out of Iraq.

The same applies to Democrats.

Paulitician
08-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Ah, partisan politics! When's it gonna be phased out?

Cunningham
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I did notice that it seemed Huckabee had been studying up on Paul over the summer. Seemed like we stole whatever ideas he thought he could get away with.

freelance
08-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I just want to know how we could get two entirely different reports from what appears to be the SAME focus group.

One article says Drake Diner and the other article says a diner near Drake University. They draw different conclusions.

I can't believe that Lew Rockwell would post something THAT wrong. I KNOW that Politico has been caught several times in the past reporting totally inaccurate information, and they've printed a few retractions and taking a few trashings for them. I just can't believe that if Lew's version is correct that Politico would get it THAT wrong.

Something's not right here, and I'd sure love to know which version is right.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Maybe it's a different focus group. But the same "off the charts" comment is erie. Can someone email Lew? I'll see if I can.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I emailed Lew that link. He's probably seen it anyways.

freelance
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks Scribbler. Let us know when you hear something.

PatriotOne
08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe Faux News spun the focus group this way to Politico. Keith Olbermann hates Fox News. Maybe he would appreciate the story of the insider vs. the story of how Faux News spun it.

Anxiously awaiting more details!

freelance
08-05-2007, 08:17 PM
PatriotOne, the thing that concerns me is this: It's no secret that Frank Luntz is a Republican pollster and that he frequents FOX News, but I cannot imagine that he would allow FOX to spin the results of one of his focus groups.

OTOH, anything is possible these days. Still, I'm not sure that there's anything nefarious at play here.

Lew's blog entry is not exactly first-hand, and it may simply be that the source was confused. It happens.

And here's some inside info: Fox News held a focus group in a diner near Drake University, where the debate was held. 25 people rated the candidates' answers on Fox laptops, and thanks to a Des Moines Meet-Up member who was able to attend as a restaurant worker, here's an inside report

According to Politico, the Luntz group had 29 participants and according to Lew Rockwell, that group had 25, which could mean ~25.

I'm afraid that unless there were two focus groups going on at the same time at the same location, we may end up disappointed.

ronpaulitician
08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Any updates on this?

Were there actually two different focus groups, or was the "inside information" completely wrong?

freelance
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I haven't heard a word about it.