PDA

View Full Version : GOP's Ron Paul to visit Bismarck

Bradley in DC
01-31-2008, 08:35 AM
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8UFK8KO1

GOP's Ron Paul to visit Bismarck; Edwards postpones Fargo speech

The Associated Press - Wednesday, January 30, 2008

FARGO, N.D.

Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards has postponed a campaign speech Wednesday at the Labor Temple here, his campaign said.

Instead, Edwards plans to visit North Dakota later this week, the statement said. Details will be announced later. North Dakota and Minnesota are among the states holding Democratic and Republican presidential preference caucuses next Tuesday.

Separately, North Dakota supporters of Republican candidate Ron Paul said the Texas congressman plans to campaign Monday at Bismarck State College, the day before the caucuses are to be held.

priest_of_syrinx
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm going to see him, and my dad talked to somebody from the campaign who said he might "hook me up with something special"! :D

me3
01-31-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm going to see him, and my dad talked to somebody from the campaign who said he might "hook me up with something special"! :D
Hopefully it is freedom and liberty. :)

priest_of_syrinx
01-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Hopefully it is freedom and liberty. :)
Oh man, I've discovered that part, and it's been great. I've been trying to share it, but some seem to think I'm to generous, and won't accept it. :rolleyes:

The only problem is that I expected it to be at 9:00 AM, and had my morning classes canceled, but now it sounds like it's going to be later in the day... I hope this isn't the case.

tonyr1988
02-01-2008, 12:47 AM
We have to try and get as many people in ND to know about this as possible. My aunt and uncle, who have lived in ND practically their entire lives (in Lisbon) was talking to my dad yesterday:

DAD: So, what candidates have come to North Dakota, and which ones will be there, since you're an important Super Tuesday state?

AUNT: None - they all ignore us. :(

DAD: That's not true - there's one that I know of.

AUNT: Nuh uh - who?

DAD: Ron Paul.

AUNT: Who?

DAD: You know who Paul is - he's the one Tony keeps talking about.

AUNT: Oh yeah. Now that you mention it....there are an awful lot of yard signs around here for him. I'll keep an eye out - if he does really show up, I will consider voting for him.

-----------------------

It's obviously not the best reason to vote for someone, but so many Republicans are disenfranchised that they'll find any excuse to not vote for Romney or McCain.

Especially in ND, where there's that huge problem of the National Geographic article and overall "Nobody pays attention to us....we matter, too!" syndrome. Just letting people know that Paul showed up (on the *DAY BEFORE*) when no one else did could be huge.

Bradley in DC
02-02-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2008/02/02/news/state/147890.txt

Ron Paul to visit Bismarck, Fargo

Feb 02, 2008 - 07:35:06 CST
By Associated Press
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is making a last-minute campaign trip to North Dakota on Monday, where he intends to court the student vote, a spokesman said.

Paul has scheduled a 1 p.m. appearance Monday at North Dakota State University's student union, and a 3:30 p.m. speech at the Bismarck Elks club. Paul also is scheduled to campaign at the University of Minnesota on Monday night.

North Dakota and Minnesota are among the more than 20 states holding presidential primaries or caucuses on Tuesday.

Paul, a former presidential candidate of the Libertarian Party, favors a troop withdrawal from Iraq, the abolition of several federal agencies, and deep reductions in federal spending and taxes.

Dallas Moorhead, Paul's deputy national youth coordinator, said Paul is visiting North Dakota because he believes he has a chance to finish first in the state's GOP caucuses. Moorhead was in Bismarck on Monday doing advance work for Paul's visit.

priest_of_syrinx
02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Indeed I was there, right in the front row! :D I got a couple pictures:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/bcuzliekomg/P1000300.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/bcuzliekomg/P1000301.jpg