PDA

View Full Version : ***Awesome Message From The Campaign, How to Win the Ground War**********************

qwerty
01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
January 30, 2008

We received this message this morning from a Ron Paul supporter in Florida. Because it is so important, we are sharing it with you, too.

I wanted to share my experience canvassing here in Broward County, South Florida.

As you know, Dr. Paul took 3% of the vote yesterday in Florida. A friend and I signed up on the campaign's website to be a precinct leader, and took it upon ourselves to canvass 13 precincts in Broward County. I'm proud to report that in the precincts that we canvassed, Dr. Paul came in second to John McCain.

That's right; Dr. Paul beat Romney, Giuliani and Huckabee. This happened with almost NO media coverage of Dr. Paul. It's particularly noteworthy, because Broward County is a stronghold of Rudy Giuliani.

We know of other Dr. Paul supporters in Broward County who were waving Dr. Paul's signs, but they did not do that well in their precincts. Sign waving does NOT get votes, BUT PRECINCT WORK DOES GET VOTES!!! Please do the precinct work in your area so that Dr. Paul will win. God Bless You.

Help us by signing up today to be a precinct leader in your area. If you really want to make Ron Paul our next president, sign up and begin canvassing right away. You're counting on Ron Paul to do his part, and he's counting on you to do yours.

This is work that any dedicated supporter can do, and, along with donating, is the most important thing you can do to ensure a Ron Paul victory.

Sign up yourself, and then encourage all your friends to sign up here: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

Daniel McCarthy
Internet Communications Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008

IN THESE 3 ADDRESSES, THERE ARE ALLMOST 300 000 POTENTIAL LEADERS, START RECRUITING THEM BEFORE ITīS TOO LATE!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6233046685

http://www.myspace.com/RonPaul2008

KEEP THIS BUMPED!

:cool:

AlbemarleNC0003
01-31-2008, 08:20 AM
qwerty rocks!

qwerty
01-31-2008, 08:23 AM
qwerty rocks!

THANKS, BRO!

:D

John P Slevin
01-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Excellent post. You are absolutely correct. Sign waving is an activity made up by campaigns which don't know what to do with volunteers. It is attractive mainly to those who feel comfortable singing to the choir. It makes no sense to wave signs on some street corner, especially during a primary, as the number of voters eligible to vote for your candidate is an extreme minority of those who will see your signs.

Canvassing allows you to target only those voters who can vote and who are most likely to vote. It gives you a record of each contact so you know who you have reached and who still must be reached. It allows you to target your most likely supporters in subsequent Get Out The Vote efforts.

Stop waving signs and doing other nonsensical things. Actually campaign. Signs, bumper stickers, yard signs, etc. are all nice, they're very pretty...but they do not accomplish one whole hell of alot.

I thank you for your hard work in Broward County.

qwerty
01-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Excellent post. You are absolutely correct. Sign waving is an activity made up by campaigns which don't know what to do with volunteers. It is attractive mainly to those who feel comfortable singing to the choir. It makes no sense to wave signs on some street corner, especially during a primary, as the number of voters eligible to vote for your candidate is an extreme minority of those who will see your signs.

Canvassing allows you to target only those voters who can vote and who are most likely to vote. It gives you a record of each contact so you know who you have reached and who still must be reached. It allows you to target your most likely supporters in subsequent Get Out The Vote efforts.

Stop waving signs and doing other nonsensical things. Actually campaign. Signs, bumper stickers, yard signs, etc. are all nice, they're very pretty...but they do not accomplish one whole hell of alot.

I thank you for your hard work in Broward County.

AWESOME POST!

:cool:

qwerty
01-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Bump!

Todd
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
It makes no sense to wave signs on some street corner, especially during a primary,

Canvassing allows you to target only those voters who can vote and who are most likely to vote.

You made several excellent points
I am getting a little disgusted with my local meetups...because that is where 80% of their concentration is. Each meetup and email flurry is full of how to make new signs. Not one event has been scheduled to canvass a neighborhood.

Some people will never get it.

qwerty
01-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Bump!

hillertexas
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
bump

mczerone
01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
You made several excellent points
I am getting a little disgusted with my local meetups...because that is where 80% of their concentration is. Each meetup and email flurry is full of how to make new signs. Not one event has been scheduled to canvass a neighborhood.

Some people will never get it.

So you've canvassed your own precinct? You've politely emailed your meetup to try to re-direct their efforts?

Why are people still not signed up to be precinct leader, if they care enough to make a sign, they care enough to knock on a few people's doors.

qwerty
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Bump!

qwerty
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Bump!

John P Slevin
01-31-2008, 11:23 AM
So you've canvassed your own precinct? You've politely emailed your meetup to try to re-direct their efforts?

Why are people still not signed up to be precinct leader, if they care enough to make a sign, they care enough to knock on a few people's doors.

I run canvass professionally, and have for many, many years. The simple truth is that most volunteers never will muster the courage to actually knock on doors.

That's a fact of life, it has been true for all of my professional existence and it will remain true.

The ONLY way to run a successful campaign is to canvass, and you do this either in person, via the telephone, by direct mail. That's it. And VERY FEW Paul supporters actually will get out and do it.

It's those relative few who do get out and canvass who will help to make a difference.

rollingpig
01-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Sticky!!!!

qwerty
01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Bump!

Highstreet
01-31-2008, 12:10 PM
nice.

qwerty
01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Bump!

Sey.Naci
01-31-2008, 12:58 PM
This is of the highest priority and should stay at the top of all threads.

EDA: Please, if you've signed up to be a Precinct Leader, include that info in your email and forum signatures. If you don't know how to do that, send me a PM. The more people are SEEN to be PL's the more others will want to sign up.

EDA: Qwerty, couldl you add that suggestion to your OP?

qwerty
01-31-2008, 01:13 PM
EDA: Qwerty, couldl you add that suggestion to your OP?

OP ?

:confused: