PDA

View Full Version : Flood Them With Thank You Letters

Eli
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
We need to flood Fox news with thank you letters for their Big Story interview they did with Ron Paul. It was long, it was fair. It asked great questions and allowed him to elaborate. We heavily attacked them when they were being unfair, just like training a dog we need to reward them with support when they behave.

I'm referring to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIIHNvt__34

Please send a very polite thank you email to: myword@foxnews.com , yourwordlive@foxnews.com , yourcomments@foxnews.com

Spread this just as far as you can. Show them how much support he really has.

Thanks guys/gals

CJLauderdale4
08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
The other one is

yourcomments@foxnews.com

Just sent them a thank you!!

ghemminger
08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Just did. i thanksed them very politely and looked foward to more coverage of the good Dr.:)

yongrel
08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Here's my letter:

"Thank you very much for your interview of Ron Paul today. I appreciated that you clarified his stance on 9/11, and made it clear that he is not part of the truth movement.

You also did a very good job of allowing him to explain his stance on social security and gun control.

So thank you for a very good interview. I look forward to similarly illuminating interviews from you in the future."

Man from La Mancha
08-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I just did.

bygone
08-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Impressive interview.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
here's mine:

I would like to express my appreciation for a very informative interview that Julie Banderas had with Ron Paul. I was very happy to hear such great questions being asked and it was refreshing to see so much ground covered in an interview. The tough questions helped put a lot of things to rest and also allowed for a closer look at what Dr. Paul stands for on various issues.

Thank you

0zzy
08-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanked and emailed!

lucius
08-05-2007, 07:19 PM
That was magnificent! Dr. Paul speaks so well on his feet; I guess that it just his honesty. It takes much effort to lie and remember the lie; he can shoot from the hip. I just sent my thank you email and asked for more about Dr. Paul. It really is lucky to be apart of this revolution; they don’t happen every generation.

jmarinara
08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
YEs, it was nice to see sooooooo much air time, but truth be told, the interviewer had a "snarky" tone about her.

It's just a bit of media bias on display, and people will pick up on that. That's good and bad, and it depends on the person. Remember there is a good reason why media is biased, and they have the art of being biased down to a SCIENCE.

P.S. Fox News is biased towards neo-cons.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Thank you for the very fair interview with presidential candidate Ron Paul. As a long time viewer of Fox News and a supporter of Ron Paul as well, I had been getting rather disgusted with the lack of serious attention paid to Ron Paul and his ideas by the news outlets, Fox News included.

I think more segments like this are important because they provide a much better format to discuss real issues than a debate with 30 second clips.

Thank you again for your balanced coverage. I hope you have Ron Paul on again and continue to ask him tough but fair questions.

Sincerely,

rg123
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
No way I will thank Fox news for an attemped hit job. Just because Ron schooled her does not change the fact that they tried to discredit him thats the only reason he was on. It was a hit job interview and he just happened to own her. When fox tries a hit job on Fred or Rudy, and Mitt then I'll thank them. Dont give into these people so easy your just asking to get smacked again like someone who loves abuse

Eli
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
thanks guys

I know this sounds kind of odd but if anyone can track down Julie Banderas' office address. I would like to send her a boutique of flowers with a thank you card for doing such a great job on the interview. If nothing for the sake of making all her coworkers jealous.

RG. IMO i think you're missing the point. Even if she intended to slam him, it spun to look like she was helping him clear the air to all their previous smears. If this turns out to her and the shows favor they will rethink another attempt and perhaps start actually supporting him. We're not attention deficit enough to think fox news suddenly changed their ways. We just need show them consequences of their actions, good or bad.

They need to learn
If they want support = fair coverage of ron paul
If they want backlash = attempt to smear ron paul

cjhowe
08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Who advertised during that segment? Perhaps flooding the advertisers about consumers being more receptive to programs like this one might have more influence.

jmarinara
08-05-2007, 07:52 PM
My thoughts on the interview:

(Quick side note: I stopped watching the debates, I know who I'm voting for, at this point it is way more important to watch the media and there response to the debates. I WILL watch the debates again after primary season when Dr. Paul takes on Hillary.)

Anyway, my thoughts:

Dr. Paul handled every question exactly right, only minor criticism would be that he should shorten his answers. People hear sound bites, not essays. Paul has reached and motivated his base (like no other GOP candidate I might add) so the time for speeches is over. It's 30 second commercial, sound bite time. We need the mushy middle. (I'm a "politician" so I notice these things) Again this is a minor point.

The interviewer admitted that Paul is picking up steam. Despite the fact that her tone betrayed her bias against Paul, she had to admit the buzz surrounding Paul. This is nice, and will really turn into something especially if more people are forced to admit it.

The republican party is turning decidedly neo-con. That question about RP being more libertarian than republican. . . I remember when republicans used to long to be more libertarian. Since when did the GOP base start loving big government. YIKES.

specsaregood
08-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I know this sounds kind of odd but if anyone can track down Julie Banderas' office address. I would like to send her a boutique of flowers with a thank you card for doing such a great job on the interview. If nothing for the sake of making all her coworkers jealous.

That is a great idea. How would we find out that information?

DisabledVet
08-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I E-mailed them....killing them with kindness...

maggiebott
08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Me thinks me smells a skunk. If there is an attack here or another gulf of tonkin soon, you'll soon realize why they have interviewed Ron Paul and want tha link to Alex Jones. You know Alex will be screaming it was a false flag and they will use their names together in the rhetoric.

sniff sniff...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So, no I won't send them a thank you since this smells like a setup.

surf
08-05-2007, 08:24 PM
give 'em a biscuit
i was pleased with the interview

Birdlady
08-05-2007, 08:25 PM
No way I will thank Fox news for an attemped hit job. Just because Ron schooled her does not change the fact that they tried to discredit him thats the only reason he was on. It was a hit job interview and he just happened to own her. When fox tries a hit job on Fred or Rudy, and Mitt then I'll thank them. Dont give into these people so easy your just asking to get smacked again like someone who loves abuse

I could not agree more. They are laughing and trying to tear us apart and here we are thanking them?

I think this interview has done some harm. I really do not like the answer he gave for the gulf of tonkin incident. It made no sense at all.

McDermit
08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Julie Banderas / Big Story Weekend
c/o FOX News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

JPFromTally
08-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow.. RP looked so polished and confident in this interview.

jj111
08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I could not agree more. They are laughing and trying to tear us apart and here we are thanking them?

I think this interview has done some harm. I really do not like the answer he gave for the gulf of tonkin incident. It made no sense at all.

I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but Ron Paul's answer to the Gulf of Tonkin question was BRILLIANT!!!!

axiomata
08-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Honestly, that was a very good interview, and not just compared to Fox News standards.

I don't blame them for asking the hard questions about 9/11 Truth and his appearances on Alex Jones' show. Truly, from a traditional Republican's perspective that had the potential to be his only political weak spot. And he nailed the question out of the park.

He cleared up once and for all that he doesn't believe the government was behind 9/11, he made it clear that terrorist attacks have in the past, have, and could possibly be used in the future in order to escalate military operations in the middle-East, and by quoting the Gipper himself made it clear that the Middle East was not the place you want to get holed up in indefinitely.

And he did all of that without offending Jones and the Truthers, he never called them un-American, he never called them delusional, and he made the great point that just because a candidate appears on a certain show or station doesn't mean he supports all of their positions. After all, he was bringing his anti-war message live from Des Moines to the national war-mongering cable capital of the world itself, Fox News.

To top it off, he had plenty of time to address his positions on abortion, immigration, border security, taxes, entitlements, the 2nd amendment that are bound to strike a chord with the typical FSN viewer. And when said viewer compares his positions on these issues to the other candidates they will wonder how this guy isn't at the top of the field right now, and they might just start asking the same questions we have been asking for so long now.

He does so much better when he is given time to explain himself compared to the 30 second sound bites he is afforded at the debates.

Richandler
08-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I believe sending Fox positive emails is indeed a needed gesture. It takes bit of bravery to come out right after a debate and support the "3rd tier" with a lengthy session rather than sucking up to the normal 3. Let's just hope Paul will get more exposure in a primetime slot tomorrow.

Eli
08-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Julie Banderas / Big Story Weekend
c/o FOX News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

Thanks!

I sent her this
http://ww12.1800flowers.com/product.do?skuCode=17136

With this thank you note:

Thank you for the great job you did in the interview with Ron Paul!

Sincerely,
America

If it makes even a single other anchor request to do another story on ron paul it was money well spent.

spacebetween
08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks!

I sent her this
http://ww12.1800flowers.com/product.do?skuCode=17136

With this thank you note:

Thank you for the great job you did in the interview with Ron Paul!

Sincerely,
America

If it makes even a single other anchor request to do another story on ron paul it was money well spent.

Haha, awesome idea!

mrchubbs
08-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Bravo to you Eli...

This is a great idea.

I thought the interview was one of the best from not juts Fox but from any media outlet. Not THE best, but certainly up there.

Enjoy,
MrChubbs

Escaping Ineffability
http://marcg.net/blog

Man from La Mancha
08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Honestly, that was a very good interview, and not just compared to Fox News standards.

I don't blame them for asking the hard questions about 9/11 Truth and his appearances on Alex Jones' show. Truly, from a traditional Republican's perspective that had the potential to be his only political weak spot. And he nailed the question out of the park.

He cleared up once and for all that he doesn't believe the government was behind 9/11, he made it clear that terrorist attacks have in the past, have, and could possibly be used in the future in order to escalate military operations in the middle-East, and by quoting the Gipper himself made it clear that the Middle East was not the place you want to get holed up in indefinitely.

And he did all of that without offending Jones and the Truthers, he never called them un-American, he never called them delusional, and he made the great point that just because a candidate appears on a certain show or station doesn't mean he supports all of their positions. After all, he was bringing his anti-war message live from Des Moines to the national war-mongering cable capital of the world itself, Fox News.

To top it off, he had plenty of time to address his positions on abortion, immigration, border security, taxes, entitlements, the 2nd amendment that are bound to strike a chord with the typical FSN viewer. And when said viewer compares his positions on these issues to the other candidates they will wonder how this guy isn't at the top of the field right now, and they might just start asking the same questions we have been asking for so long now.

He does so much better when he is given time to explain himself compared to the 30 second sound bites he is afforded at the debates.

Totally right on and I like what Eli did if I could afford extra from my campaign donations I would of done the same thing. Do think that has been done much before for politics? She deserves it. I think we have to establish the quality of the people who support Dr. Paul. Impressive.

jd603
08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Sent, first time I've sent something like this to Fox News. :)

nullvalu
08-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Sent. I actually went so far as to say Fox News rocked! I know, I know,... but I was just trying to be nice and it was a good interview. :D

disinter
08-05-2007, 09:35 PM
The actual email address is:

yourwordlive@foxnews.com

Please don't send to the wrong address.

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/08/05/ron-paul-on-fox-news/

nayjevin
08-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Me thinks me smells a skunk. If there is an attack here or another gulf of tonkin soon, you'll soon realize why they have interviewed Ron Paul and want tha link to Alex Jones. You know Alex will be screaming it was a false flag and they will use their names together in the rhetoric.

It's a good thought, but this would IMO be the best thing that ever happened to Ron Paul. Way bigger blowback than the Rudy thing. Along with the accusations would come plentiful time and exposure from him to clarify his belief on the subject.

mika813
08-05-2007, 10:57 PM

Everybody is right.....Fox is trying to set RP up.....but, yes we should thank them. Remember, they are using tactics that are by design; developed for liars, and the un-principled. The more he is seen on FOX NEWS and the more his (easy swing at the softball questions) message gets out,the better we are the for it!!!!

Benincasa
08-05-2007, 11:00 PM
I've always liked Fox News and have thought they were generally fair (I am conservative, so I don't mind that they are as well). I'm glad they demonstrated this with Ron Paul.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Everybody is right.....Fox is trying to set RP up.....but, yes we should thank them. Remember, they are using tactics that are by design; developed for liars, and the un-principled. The more he is seen on FOX NEWS and the more his (easy swing at the softball questions) message gets out,the better we are the for it!!!!

Healthy skepticism is a good thing. I don't really see this a "setup" because you can't set Ron Paul up for an ambush in an interview because he doesn't waffle, equivocate or tap dance.

So, if somehow Fox is playing nice to get Paul's guard down so he will show his vulnerable side....lol, silliness.

RevolutionSD
08-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Ron Paul did fantastic but let's realize this was an attempted hit piece gone wrong. They tried to trip him up on the 9/11 truth question. The funny thing is they don't realize how that works to his benefit! I'm definitely a member of the 9/11 truth movement, but I don't think RP would ever say he was on an interview! And the fact that he says he does not believe it was an inside job doesn't bother me a bit. We all know that would destroy his campaign as they would make him into a crackpot "conspiracy theorist."

The Ron Paul for President train is rollin' along just fine!

xita
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
The Flowers are a brilliant idea. Kill 'em with kindness!

austin356
08-05-2007, 11:54 PM
I like the responses everyone has had with this idea. Though I do think it was a quasi-hit-piece, I do believe that it worked out great for him. I do think that the host was not "out to get him", though the network probably was. We got to remember that she was just asking the questions given to her (unlike John on the weekdays).

Even if it was a hit piece, the fact that it worked out good is reason for us to be glad.

Also always blasting the faux news for always being un fair is not a complete strategy to help Ron Paul. They are there and they are not going anywhere, so we should try to shape the situation to our advantage. And I think positive emails and flowers when at all possible helps to shape the situation to our advantage, at least with the rank and file employees.

Just imagine if you worked at Faux News. If every single response you encounter that involves Ron Paul is negative and basically an attack on you the employee. What would be your first response association with Ron Paul? IT would be negative; We need to take the high road in many cases and I am glad the OP did so.

That does not mean there is not time for trench warfare; saying such would be missing the point.

Birdlady
08-06-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but Ron Paul's answer to the Gulf of Tonkin question was BRILLIANT!!!!

Well it shows that he either doesn't really understand what happened or that he just flipped flopped on his stance. Either way I wouldn't say brilliant.

Shatterhand
08-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I like the responses everyone has had with this idea. Though I do think it was a quasi-hit-piece, I do believe that it worked out great for him. I do think that the host was not "out to get him", though the network probably was. We got to remember that she was just asking the questions given to her (unlike John on the weekdays).

Even if it was a hit piece, the fact that it worked out good is reason for us to be glad.

Also always blasting the faux news for always being un fair is not a complete strategy to help Ron Paul. They are there and they are not going anywhere, so we should try to shape the situation to our advantage. And I think positive emails and flowers when at all possible helps to shape the situation to our advantage, at least with the rank and file employees.

Just imagine if you worked at Faux News. If every single response you encounter that involves Ron Paul is negative and basically an attack on you the employee. What would be your first response association with Ron Paul? IT would be negative; We need to take the high road in many cases and I am glad the OP did so.

That does not mean there is not time for trench warfare; saying such would be missing the point.

Wise words.

inibo
08-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Did I lay it on too thick?

Dear Fox News,

I wish to offer my highest praise for yesterday's interview with Ron Paul on the Big Story. I will be the first to admit that I am no fan of Fox News, but I was pleasantly surprised, delighted actually, by this segment. I have been an admirer of Dr. Paul for several years so I was not surprised by his responses. He continues to offer sound policy options based on a principled reading of the Constitution and a profound faith in freedom and personal liberty. I was truly stunned and deeply impressed, however, by the choice of questions and the professionalism of Julie Banderas. She comported herself with dignity and respect while not shying away from insightful probing queries. They were just the questions that should have been asked, dealing with those issues which might be a source of hesitation on the part of intelligent Republicans and skeptical Democrats. Whatever any individual's final judgment on Dr. Paul, it could not be said that after watching this interview they did not fully understand Dr. Paul's positions and the reasoning he used to arrive at them. This segment stands out in my mind as an excellent piece of political journalism.

Kudos to Fox News for a job well done.

Akus
08-06-2007, 01:16 AM
I've emailed my thanks.

xita
08-06-2007, 02:04 AM
godiva sent

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=107562&postcount=29

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Well it shows that he either doesn't really understand what happened or that he just flipped flopped on his stance. Either way I wouldn't say brilliant.

An incident or accident that gets inflated/exaggerated/manipulated and/or taken out of context in order to spur on a military action that would not ordinarily have had the political support?

I think Paul pretty much nailed it, he just didn't bother to list every possible scenario, he gave an easy example as a tutorial for a certain specific audience. Such are the ways minds are win.

Birdlady, you are in the advanced class, please move along. :p