PDA

View Full Version : Shook Ron Paul's hand tonight!

Speculative Bubble
01-31-2008, 07:50 AM
I stood outside the debate today for a few hours with hundreds of other supporters waiving banners at the traffic and that was just fantastic. RP supporters have to be the most friendly group ever. Then later there was a rally at the local hotel. When RP got there at the hotel entrance it was like a mob of enthusiastic supporters; including me. I'm trying to stay out of the way and take pictures too but at some point, in all the commotion, I found myself directly stuck in his path... so I stuck my hand out a few feet in front of Dr. Paul thinking maybe he might shake my hand as he brushed past - well, when he got to my hand he completely stopped, looked me right in the eye, shook my hand for a solid couple seconds and then smiled at me - then he moved on.

It was something I'll never forget. The absolute sincerity. Besides him taking extra effort to greet me as if I was somebody super important. That positive look in his eyes as we shook hands and then he smiled I'll never forget - no one can fake that. It all happened so quick that I honestly don't remember if I said anything while we we're shaking hands or not. I don't think I did.

And you know how sometimes when you shake someones hand you pat them on the shoulder with your left hand at the same time... Well, as he walked off I did that just naturally - patted him on the shoulder / back (since he was walking forward) - thought about it later and it was kind of funny that I literally gave him a pat on the back :D

I've been a supporter of RP since early last year and him being so altruistic like that right after the stressful debate, in a crowd, etc. and taking that extra few seconds to shake my hand was a highlight in my life that I will just never forget.

I took some pictures today - one of each person that had a home made RP sign out front of the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EZvQxh0kEBk

Some pics are a little blurry after uploading to youtube and shrinking to 320 or whatever but if anyone sees themselves and wants the full size I'll gladly email any picture I took. Every pic in that video is sharp and beautiful :)

liberteebell
01-31-2008, 08:01 AM
It was something I'll never forget. The absolute sincerity. Besides him taking extra effort to greet me as if I was somebody super important. That positive look in his eyes as we shook hands and then he smiled I'll never forget - no one can fake that. It all happened so quick that I honestly don't remember if I said anything while we we're shaking hands or not. I don't think I did.

I've heard this before from my friends who have met him. I think he really does understand how We the People live and how we feel. THAT'S true compassion. He's the genuine article, the real thing. I wish people would wake up and see that!

wgadget
01-31-2008, 08:07 AM
I've had the chance to shake his hand twice. He is one genuine wonderful person--what America needs in a leader.

Compare him to John McCain.

pinkmandy
01-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Thank you for sharing that. I imagine I would feel the same...and he totally deserved that pat on the back and then some! :)

JoBurke
01-31-2008, 08:30 AM
I stood outside the debate today for a few hours with hundreds of other supporters waiving banners at the traffic and that was just fantastic. RP supporters have to be the most friendly group ever. Then later there was a rally at the local hotel. When RP got there at the hotel entrance it was like a mob of enthusiastic supporters; including me. I'm trying to stay out of the way and take pictures too but at some point, in all the commotion, I found myself directly stuck in his path... so I stuck my hand out a few feet in front of Dr. Paul thinking maybe he might shake my hand as he brushed past - well, when he got to my hand he completely stopped, looked me right in the eye, shook my hand for a solid couple seconds and then smiled at me - then he moved on.

And you know how sometimes when you shake someones hand you pat them on the shoulder with your left hand at the same time... Well, as he walked off I did that just naturally - patted him on the shoulder / back (since he was walking forward) - thought about it later and it was kind of funny that I literally gave him a pat on the back :D

I've been a supporter of RP since early last year and him being so altruistic like that right after the stressful debate, in a crowd, etc. and taking that extra few seconds to shake my hand was a highlight in my life that I will just never forget.

I took some pictures today - one of each person that had a home made RP sign out front of the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California:

Some pics are a little blurry after uploading to youtube and shrinking to 320 or whatever but if anyone sees themselves and wants the full size I'll gladly email any picture I took. Every pic in that video is sharp and beautiful :)

I do not envy very often...but I envy you sir! Way to Go! I would love to meet the man one day!

ST0PandL00K
01-31-2008, 08:49 AM
man i am that jealous...thanx 4 sharing! great story

austinchick
01-31-2008, 08:56 AM

And remember ROMNEY's 'who let the dogs out'...? That's how Romney connects to people....
RP is the real deal