PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with us!!!

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Why are we sitting here taking this? There hundreds of thousands of us. We are a force to be reckoned with if we can bring ourselves to pull together. We need to put the fear of God in the media. The only way to do that is to go after their bottom line. That mean sponsors. I proposed on the the other site that we start an online petition onto which thousands of us sign vowing to boycott all CNN sponsors until such time as Ron Paul, his supporters and the American people receive a public apology from CNN and Anderson Cooper for their blatant bias and their agenda to silence Ron Paul and prevent Americans from hearing the message. We need to do this and send a copy to CNN and every sponsor. We need to make an example of Anderson Cooper. It is time to fight back. This is wrong. It's corrupt and it's unAmerican. To sit back and take it and accept it is shameful. Enough is enough. How do I get a list of CNN Sponsors?

wgadget
01-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Did you see the Salon article about Fox News today? Headliner.http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature...1/31/fox_news/

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Did you see the Salon article about Fox News today? Headliner.http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature...1/31/fox_news/
I can't open it. Does anybody care about fighting back? Does anybody have any other ideas? Should we just accept BOHICA? And please, don't say "go out and knock on doors!!!" or "Go canvass!!!" It doesn't matter how hard we canvass or how much sign waving we do if the game is fixed and the cards are stacked. Or only hope is in unstacking them. The owners of this country will go to any length to prevent the American people from hearing from or electing a candidate they do not endorse and who intention is not to continue to serve their interests. We have to expose this. Is there not a single, not one single influencial media personality who is willing to stand up for the truth and against this evil?

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Look, I will put the petition together all you would have to do is sign it. I believe the American people deserve an apology and I want to see Anderson Cooper go on the air to make it. Does anyone have any idea how to learn who the major sponsors of CNN are? Jesus Christ, are we ever going to fight back? Is this the country you want for your kids? We have to teach the media to respect us. There are many thousands of us - hundreds of thousands if not millions - and still we can't stand up for ourselves? If not now, when?

fuzzybekool
01-31-2008, 08:22 AM
I myself have grown tired of advocating a more hands on approach because it gets shot down here in the forum. When I advocate a protest march to CNN headquarters in Atlanta, I get the old "Go canvas posts", which pisses me off because no one has done more to inform people of Ron Paul here at my business than me.

But I believe the public will be swayed even more if we take direct action and "call them out" on their blatant disrespect not only to Ron Paul, but to all of us and America. It is not that complicated to set up.

Pick a date certain. Organize car caravans or have meet-up groups rent buses and go. I would think 1000 people would be sufficent enough but more the better. Fox News with its ratings in a steep decline would jump all over this story along wih youtube videos and local media and online blogs.

Ok, commence fire. I am used to it, lol.

smoke.stack
01-31-2008, 08:28 AM
"hands on approach" doesn't keep the Gandhi spirit alive, and if you know ANYTHING about history.. you will know if we were to so something so immature and DUMB, that they would simply lock up the perpetrators, call them mentally unstable, demonize our movement, and that would be that..

so, to the OP, just sit back and let the adults handle this one, ok? your lack of historical oversight could hurt us all.

Suzu
01-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Member SteveMartin has been pushing a petition for "fair and equal treatment by the MSM" since last April and still hasn't cracked 10k signatures, I think. And that's probably because it's a waste of time. These monopoly men don't give a crap about petitions.

I was making liberal use of the "Your Voice" feature in the CNN live stream page last night. Every time they slighted Ron Paul, I sent a note saying I would be boycotting their sponsors and contacting all their advertisers to let them know why. I'd like to think this kind of effort will do some good.

painter4Ron Paul
01-31-2008, 08:34 AM
okey dokkey

fuzzybekool
01-31-2008, 08:37 AM
"hands on approach" doesn't keep the Gandhi spirit alive, and if you know ANYTHING about history.. you will know if we were to so something so immature and DUMB, that they would simply lock up the perpetrators, call them mentally unstable, demonize our movement, and that would be that..

so, to the OP, just sit back and let the adults handle this one, ok? your lack of historical oversight could hurt us all.

Here we ago with the insulting posts. If I recall history, Ghandi did not sit around and do nothing. He led non-violent protest marches that numbered in the 10's of thousands. He did it more to let his people understand that collectively they could end the Imperial British Occupation.

Non-Violent Protesting is not immature and dumb, and I would suggest that you (mr. 27 posts) be a little more courteous if you want to offer an opposing view.

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Here we ago with the insulting posts. If I recall history, Ghandi did not sit around and do nothing. He led non-violent protest marches that numbered in the 10's of thousands. He did it more to let his people understand that collectively they could end the Imperial British Occupation.

Non-Violent Protesting is not immature and dumb, and I would suggest that you (mr. 27 posts) be a little more courteous if you want to offer an opposing view.You are correct. In fact being "hands on" is exactly everything Ghandi was about. I have not idea what this idiot who responded to you is talking about. Civil disobedience is EXACTLY what Ghandi was about.

crasster1
01-31-2008, 08:41 AM
What's wrong with us is we don't know who we are up against.

We are up against the elite. This is composed of Freemasons. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want. I don't care any more.

These guys pulled 9/11 to orchestrate a war that never ends against a shadowy enemy. These guys worship Molech at the Bohemian Grove. These guys own the media.

They lie, cheat and steal. They black out Ron because he is honest and a good man. THey promote McCain because he will keep the war and killing up. McCain wants a national ID card with biometrics that many see as the precursor to the Mark of the Beast.

I'm tired of trying to refrain myself. This stuff is true. Why do you think they hate Ron so bad. If they will send our troops to war with no merit killing thousands of our soldiers why on earth do some of you call 9/11 truthers a bunch of tin foil hat wearing freaks. They'd do that too. LIke they care about Americans. They only care about one thing, themselves.

Up to a violent revolution or Christ returning, we are phucked.

rockwell
01-31-2008, 08:42 AM
My Wife Isn't All That Interested In Politics, But She Was Apoplectic Last Night At The Bald Faced Arrogance They Showed In Ignoring Or Shushing Ron Paul.

I Have Never Seen Her That Wound Up About A Political Issue Since I've Known Her.

How Many Other People Out There Must Have Felt The Same Way? How Can People Not See What's Going On?

ToryNotion
01-31-2008, 08:43 AM
From the Salon article on what's bothering FoxNews

C) The still-standing candidacy of Fox News nemesis and well-funded antiwar GOP candidate Rep. Ron Paul.

he he

ToryNotion
01-31-2008, 08:46 AM
more Paul-related....

And don't even mention Ron Paul's name to the folks at Fox News, who have stepped outside their role as journalists to try to kneecap the antiwar GOP candidate. The most blatant slap came right before the New Hampshire primary, when Fox refused to include Paul in a televised GOP debate, despite the fact that just days earlier Paul grabbed 10 percent of the vote in the Iowa caucus -- nearly double Giuliani's tally.

Paul's Republican supporters became so incensed by the snub that they literally chased Sean Hannity through the New Hampshire night chanting "Fox News sucks!" and captured the scene in a homemade clip that really has to be seen to be believed. (To recap New Hampshire for Fox News: Hannity was pursued by a Republican mob, O'Reilly got into a shoving match with an Obama aide, and CNN grabbed more viewers. Now that's a week to remember!)

TruckinMike
01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
For use in the "War on Media" --

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2225/2230304749_77748abe7a_o.jpg

here is the link:http://www.journalism.org/node/9512

TMike

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Look boycotts work. The entire purpose of such a petition is to put CNN on notice that we will make a consolidated effort to boycott their sponsors. Am I talking to myself? Does anyone else want to fight back? or just take it like good peons?

maghi85
01-31-2008, 09:07 AM
guys the best thing to do is to radicalize all the people you know in to RP supporters...

make a list of all your friends and start proslythizing RP...

use wisdom and don't insist... try to be natural and not fake it... if one doesn't work try another... may be that other might convince the one who doesnt work

BECAUSE THIS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE...

if every RP supporter takes it upon himself to Radicalize his friends... in 2-3 months i think 50% of America would support RP...

JUST RADICALIZE THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW,...
don't waste time on people you don't know...

MAKE QUALITY FIRST and THEN QUANTITY

we don't want sleeping supporters of RP
we WANT FULL TIME SUPPORTERS... the RADICALS... who themselves would go and proslythize because they SEE and REALIZE a threat to their liberty if they remain sloth

traitorist
01-31-2008, 09:18 AM
what's wrong with us? most here are under the illusion that change will come about peacefully, through fraudulent elections and online "activism." they think "spreading the message of freedom" works when most in America believe they ARE free.

boycotts don't work, mail bombs don't work, money bombs don't work, the blimp doesn't work, voicing your opinion to the networks doesn't work either, because YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER to these mad men.

people here are under the illusion that they still have control of their country when they clearly do not.

Tom228
01-31-2008, 04:31 PM
fyi, the founding Fathers were freemasons.

If you really want to know what's wrong with us, scroll through the Threads on this forum. A lot of them involve hate, harassment, pretty much everything you wouldn't normally do in public. It doesn't help to call "your fellow countrymen" idiots either. A lot, not all people on here believe that they're smarter than everyone else because they support a different candidate.

Danny Molina
01-31-2008, 04:34 PM

That's the Media Matters article.

Theocrat
01-31-2008, 05:03 PM

Your link takes me to a blog for Obama!

CorkyAgain
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
These monopoly men don't give a crap about petitions.

Nor would they care if we held a mass protest in front of their HQ. (It certainly wouldn't be included in their "news".)

The thing is, they ARE getting away with it, and they're not even trying to be subtle. Like all bullies, they're rubbing our faces in it and sneering that there isn't anything we can do about it.

They're getting away with it because most of the population are sheeple, living in the fantasy world the monopoly men have created to keep them anesthetized and docile. The sheeple aren't watching the debates, so they aren't suffering any cognitive dissonance from seeing the manipulation that's happening in plain view.

And many of those who ARE watching are siding with the monopolists. Perhaps this is because they hope to personally benefit from the association, in the same way so many people hope to benefit from sucking up to their bosses at work. Or maybe it's because they're junior psychopaths admiring the work of the "big dogs". In other words, they're doing what they've been trained to do: they're worshiping power.

When I consider these depressing facts, the question I ask isn't "How can we overcome them?" but "Will the remnant survive the long night that is coming?"

Minas Tirith has fallen, and Sauron's orcs are everywhere...

And then I see Dr Paul patiently soldiering on, and sometimes succeeding in getting the truth past the censors, and I think that perhaps not all is lost. Not yet, anyway.

I don't see how the power-mongers can be defeated by asserting power ourselves. Any aggressive tactics we use can and will be turned against us. Worse, such tactics will corrupt us and make us what we loathe.

Dr Paul is right: the non-violent tactics of Gandhi and Martin Luther King are the only way we can truly win this thing.

CorkyAgain
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Look boycotts work. The entire purpose of such a petition is to put CNN on notice that we will make a consolidated effort to boycott their sponsors. Am I talking to myself? Does anyone else want to fight back? or just take it like good peons?

Would a boycott really work? Most of us have already stopped watching Faux News and CNN, but the drop in their market share doesn't seem to have impacted their advertising revenue.

To put it another way: do we have the numbers to make a boycott effective?

Just asking. Personally, I'm not going to knowingly purchase anything sold by companies that are part of the "conspiracy". But breaking completely free from their evil system is easier said than done...

raiha
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Online petitions are not viable as you cannot get real signatures. Take it to the streets. Drums and noise (non-violent noise).