PDA

View Full Version : ABC News - 3 Inaccuracies on 1 page

militant
08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
the main abcnews writeup on the debate contained 3 inaccurate statements on a single page. i have written them about this using their contact form at http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3052660

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3447943&page=2

the above link contains inaccurate information. ron paul said he would *not* support an amendment, while you claim the contrary. the audio isn't too clear, but knowing how he says 'wouldn't' from other appearances, at the very least you should seek clarification from the campaign.

further, you called it 'scattered audience cheers' on his iraq exit statement, but the candidate received a loud reaction from the audience, and anyone with an ear can hear it was mostly positive.

additionally, ron paul did not author legislation to force the immediate withdrawal of our troops from iraq. he wrote legislation that would withdraw the congressional authorization for the use of force in iraq, and to require the president to seek new authorization to continue the war.

in the 4 page report, paul is only discussed on page 2, and in that single page are 3 inaccurate and uninformed claims about him.

i would ask you to issue a clear retraction and correction. this is a presidential race, and your credibility is on the line.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-06-2007, 11:12 AM

constituent
08-06-2007, 12:01 PM
no kidding...

hey did anyone catch the Taxpayers for Common Sense segment of washington journal this morning?

needless to say, these types of things are running rampant!

0zzy
08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Better grammar would help if you emailed that to them :).

angelatc
08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
This should be emailed to the campaign. They have the best chance of getting a correction printed.

constituent
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
ahh come on ozzy no need to be a :

Grammar Troll!!!

(i'm kidding... i have an english degree myself... that's why i'm starting the new grammar rebellion!)

Anti-Grammarians Unite! Liberty, Solidarity, Fluctuation in Punctuation!

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 01:39 PM
This should be emailed to the campaign. They have the best chance of getting a correction printed.

I aggree. Are we reading the same article...it's not that bad...They mentioned the Good Dr. a few times...No damage here:confused:

militant
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Better grammar would help if you emailed that to them :).

i'm very picky about the use of language. i'm a bit overly formal, but it's better than being vague and easy to misinterpret. so tell me, what did i get wrong? if you're right, i'll correct before sending to the campaign.

0zzy
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I just meant the capitalizations :D.

Patriot
08-07-2007, 06:23 AM
further, you called it 'scattered audience cheers' on his iraq exit statement, but the candidate received a loud reaction from the audience, and anyone with an ear can hear it was mostly positive.

I caught that one too. It's not inaccurate, its a lie.