PDA

View Full Version : Should ron have interrupted the McCain/Romney cat fight?

SteveMartin
01-31-2008, 07:03 AM
I have mixed feelings about his level of patience. He certainly has that in spades.

I turned to my wife at the commercial break and said that the best thing that he and Huckabee could have done would have been to have walked off the set during the break, and not returned.

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Let them fight. The time to interrupt is elsewhere.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Lucid American
01-31-2008, 07:41 AM
I wanted him to interrupt, but then after his response, I thought it all worked out perfectly.

He called it what it was . . . SILLY . . . and pointed out why those guys are both unpresidential.

Hopefully it opened a set of eyes or two.

HazardPerry
01-31-2008, 08:18 AM
I can only hope that somewhere out there in TV land at least one person realized wow I want to know more about this Ron Paul guy. I remember the first time I heard him speak at a debate it hooked me instantly. He exudes honesty and a desire to do good, it is so obvious when you realize it. I really hope that we got some people to say "hmm" and start thinking for themselves.

GoDrNo
01-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Ron Paul calling them out for being idiots for arguing over semantics and not disussing the true issue made it totally worth it for him not to interrupt them. He totally made them look the part of the fool.

itshappening
01-31-2008, 08:46 AM
that "argument" was a load of nonsense wasn't it? CNN was hyping it up afterwards as a 'riveting' moment in the debate !!

they would have a far more interesting debate if RP was given more time but no, they have to stifle him for their BS back and forth

painter4Ron Paul
01-31-2008, 08:47 AM
No, he should not have interrupted McWar and Romdroid..look at what a loonatic Alan Keys came across as..Dr. Paul is respectful and shows absolute intergrity at the debates. The others come across as smirking jackels.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Ron handled it perfectly.

Todd
01-31-2008, 09:00 AM
I won't go against anyone that says Ron handled it well. I agree.
There is a way to interrupt these bozos and do so with grace and not come off as an A-hole. I just don't think it's in Ron's nature to do it. He may be passive...but he's not passive aggressive.

mysticgeek
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
No, he should not have interrupted McWar and Romdroid..look at what a loonatic Alan Keys came across as..Dr. Paul is respectful and shows absolute intergrity at the debates. The others come across as smirking jackels.
Exactly!

Cinderella
01-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Ron Paul is a gentleman....he did well

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Ron and Mike should have walked off DURING their little lover's spat. News media eat up stunts like that and he would have had multiple interviews to discuss it and spread his position that they were acting like morons.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Ron and Mike should have walked off DURING their little lover's spat. News media eat up stunts like that and he would have had multiple interviews to discuss it and spread his position that they were acting like morons.

Wrong. No one should ever walk off the debate stage. It looks BAD. It doesnt come off well or get any point across.

RollOn2day
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
...and take the bait that the MSM had set for him? Does anyone really think a Howard Dean type "scream" is what is needed now? That's exactly what they want him to do which is why....he didnt do it.

Class act all the way around. Ron doesn't need to do anything but let these two baffons show to all america that they are a couple of ego maniacs that have no class or statemanship.

Huck will be out shortly. If a little luck is on our side on Mardi Gras...err I mean Super Tuesday McCain will blow Romney out of the water so that it will just be McCain and Ron Paul left standing.

Oh yeah, and because nobody watches the debates. They will get their highlights from the news today. If you don't think they would have plastered a walk out or a scream or anything less than ultimate statemanship all over the MSM today you haven't been watching the news lately.

What we will see today on the MSM is a schoolyard catfight between McCain and Romney. Good. Let them self distruct like all the rest.

Ron is smarter than some on this forum give him credit for.

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Wrong. No one should ever walk off the debate stage. It looks BAD. It doesnt come off well or get any point across.

Yep, sitting there for 90 minutes to only speak for 20 seconds and getting clipped by Anderson Cooper is much better... The questions were such bullshit too. Remember the Reagan question? When it gets to Ron, he gets asked something different, whether he would have nominated O'Connor. He gets a 'no' in, and then gets clipped by Cooper. And guess what, that's the sound bite they'll run if they ever need to smear him, labeling him as sexist. It doesn't matter that he has a perfectly good explanation, that she wasn't even close to intent on actually following the Constitution. No one heard or is going to remember that. They'll remember that out of 4 people running, Ron explicitly said "no" to nominating her.

Also, I'm having a good laugh over you calling it a 'debate' stage.

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Huck will be out shortly. If a little luck is on our side on Mardi Gras...err I mean Super Tuesday McCain will blow Romney out of the water so that it will just be McCain and Ron Paul left standing.

I've been saying this for a bit now, you guys realize it's January 31st, 2008 NOT 2007, right? Rope-a-dope works if you have time, we don't.

McCain blowing Romney out of the water is the last thing you want. He's going to win a solid amount on Super Tuesday, placing him with roughly 875 delegates as it is. If he completely blows Romney out of the water, he could top 1000 already. Then it's over, he's locked in the nomination. Not mathematically, but Ron would need to jump from 7% to 95% polling immediately to stop the McCain train if he blows Romney away on Super Tuesday. He needed to pull something spectacular in the last 150 hours. I thought the debate might have been it, it wasn't.

TSOL
01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Ron Paul calling them out for being idiots for arguing over semantics and not disussing the true issue made it totally worth it for him not to interrupt them. He totally made them look the part of the fool.

Agreed ! :cool:

RollOn2day
01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
I've been saying this for a bit now, you guys realize it's January 31st, 2008 NOT 2007, right? Rope-a-dope works if you have time, we don't.

McCain blowing Romney out of the water is the last thing you want. He's going to win a solid amount on Super Tuesday, placing him with roughly 875 delegates as it is. If he completely blows Romney out of the water, he could top 1000 already. Then it's over, he's locked in the nomination. Not mathematically, but Ron would need to jump from 7% to 95% polling immediately to stop the McCain train if he blows Romney away on Super Tuesday. He needed to pull something spectacular in the last 150 hours. I thought the debate might have been it, it wasn't.

I stand corrected. Not blown out of the water but rather lose by enough to make Romney not continue with his campaign.

What do you think would be the best outcome for us on Super Tuesday?

tamor
01-31-2008, 09:56 AM
You think Governor Schwarzenauger (sic) was thinking - "Boy, I am backing the wrong guy"

JMO
01-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Ron Paul should of pulled a Alan Keyes when Cooper Anderson promised he would get a liberal question soon, he should of said NO and I am answering it now.

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 10:39 AM
What do you think would be the best outcome for us on Super Tuesday?

Best outcome? Ron wins all 21 states and 1081 delegates.

But realistically, I honestly believe that at this moment, we cannot get the Republican nomination no matter what happens. As the field stands now, McCain is poised to mathematically lock in the nomination by February 24th. Since Ron doesn't seem intent on winning states, but this brokered convention nonsense, then a completely even split between Huckabee, Romney, and McCain is best case. But seriously, what hopes does a brokered convention have? You think their egos are that inflated that they would be jackasses and let Ron slip in from behind? It's fine now, but if there's a massive push for all delegates to be secretly Ron Paul supporters, you think that won't be found out? Even if there's a brokered convention, they'll have their 2 ballots, but that 3rd one, you'll have 2 of them dropping out.

JMann
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't know but he should of slapped down the kitty Anderson Cooper when he asked to respond and Coop says, you will have a chance to respond in one, no wait sorry, two questions from now.

Paul's response could of been: You invited me to this debate, I've been working hard on this campaign and if I wasn't going to have an opportunity to speak I could be at home sleeping through this forum like the rest of America watching McCain and Mitt talk about nothing.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 10:48 AM
No, they destroyed themselves last night. Ron did not even have to lift a finger.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 10:49 AM
As did CNN.

freejack
01-31-2008, 10:58 AM
they know the public lives for this jerry springer type stuff. if brittney spears was in the audience it would have completed the circle.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Yep, sitting there for 90 minutes to only speak for 20 seconds and getting clipped by Anderson Cooper is much better... The questions were such bullshit too. Remember the Reagan question? When it gets to Ron, he gets asked something different, whether he would have nominated O'Connor. He gets a 'no' in, and then gets clipped by Cooper. And guess what, that's the sound bite they'll run if they ever need to smear him, labeling him as sexist. It doesn't matter that he has a perfectly good explanation, that she wasn't even close to intent on actually following the Constitution. No one heard or is going to remember that. They'll remember that out of 4 people running, Ron explicitly said "no" to nominating her.

Also, I'm having a good laugh over you calling it a 'debate' stage.

If he would have walked off he wouldnt have been able to answer ANY questions. Now what good would that have done? Absolutely none.

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
If he would have walked off he wouldnt have been able to answer ANY questions. Now what good would that have done? Absolutely none.

I dare you to go out and find someone that even remembers anything Ron Paul said last night. If you do, I guarantee it'll be some minor point they didn't like, not glowing reviews.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
So you would rather he be in the headlines for something like "RON PAUL THROWS TANTRUM, WALKS OFF STAGE IN MIDDLE OF DEBATE."

Wow I hope you never run for a public office.

thomaseusin
01-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Best part of this whole thing is, both the foos are splitting tons of votes and delegates, and when one drops out, he ain't gonna endorse the other! ;)

Jae0
01-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Best part of this whole thing is, both the foos are splitting tons of votes and delegates, and when one drops out, he ain't gonna endorse the other! ;)

I wouldnt be so sure. I dont trust either of them one bit.

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
So you would rather he be in the headlines for something like "RON PAUL THROWS TANTRUM, WALKS OFF STAGE IN MIDDLE OF DEBATE."

Wow I hope you never run for a public office.

Wow, I hope you don't either, you have no clue how to sell a product. There's no such thing as bad publicity. I'm sorry, but every time a politician does something non-standard the media falls all over themselves for interviews. He would have easily gotten 15x more airtime discussing the incident than he got saying nothing at all in the 'debate'.

Really, we're polling around 5% nationally, exactly what do you think it is we have to lose? Standing around quietly in the background sure isn't working. Right now I guarantee most people watching that debate who even remember Ron Paul saying anything, remember him saying he wouldn't have picked O'Connor or that we need to run away from Iraq. I know, I've actually left my computer and talked to people, and this is the feedback I got, who have you talked to and what are they saying?

amonasro
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Wow, I hope you don't either, you have no clue how to sell a product. There's no such thing as bad publicity. I'm sorry, but every time a politician does something non-standard the media falls all over themselves for interviews. He would have easily gotten 15x more airtime discussing the incident than he got saying nothing at all in the 'debate'.

Really, we're polling around 5% nationally, exactly what do you think it is we have to lose? Standing around quietly in the background sure isn't working. Right now I guarantee most people watching that debate who even remember Ron Paul saying anything, remember him saying he wouldn't have picked O'Connor or that we need to run away from Iraq. I know, I've actually left my computer and talked to people, and this is the feedback I got, who have you talked to and what are they saying?

All well and good, but the second Ron says something non-standard the powers-that-be will unleash a full attack. He knows what's up. He knows when to play. We just haven't seen it yet.

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
He knows what's up. He knows when to play. We just haven't seen it yet.

I have no reason to believe Ron Paul is smarter than all of us put together. Personally, never mind a poor strategy, I've seen no strategy put forth at all on how he's going to win. Most of everything I've read is simply speculation on what Ron Paul is doing from various supporters, a lot of which turned out to be absolutely wrong. We're 125 hours away from Super Tuesday clearing a lot of dust, and a McCain runaway. He's said he will not run 3rd party. Unless he's lying, this is very quickly coming to a close.

affa
01-31-2008, 11:57 AM
All well and good, but the second Ron says something non-standard the powers-that-be will unleash a full attack. He knows what's up. He knows when to play. We just haven't seen it yet.

Exactly. Some of you seem to think this is a fair fight. Like, the media would rally behind Ron Paul if he did this or if he did that.

What you are forgetting is that the media will NEVER rally behind Ron Paul.

To put it bluntly, if they were going to they would have already. He IS the perfect underdog story. Rocky has nothing on him. If the media cared one bit about journalism, they'd be reporting on him like no tomorrow.

But the fix is in.

They have no reason to and every reason not to. War makes them money. Lots of it. Not just due to increased viewership, but because the big 5 media companies all have major ties with the military industrial complex (NBC, for a quick example, is owned by GE - here's just one of many articles on the issue: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2627 )

"During just one year, 1989, General Electric had received close to $2 billion in military contracts related to systems that ended up being utilized for the Gulf War. Fifteen years later, the company still had a big stake in military spending. In 2004, when the Pentagon released its list of top military contractors for the latest fiscal year, General Electric ranked eighth with $2.8 billion in contracts (Defense Daily International, 2/13/04)."

And this is why Ron Paul can NOT give them ammo. He is doing a tremendous job. He is winning people over.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Exactly. Some of you seem to think this is a fair fight. Like, the media would rally behind Ron Paul if he did this or if he did that.

What you are forgetting is that the media will NEVER rally behind Ron Paul.

To put it bluntly, if they were going to they would have already. He IS the perfect underdog story. Rocky has nothing on him. If the media cared one bit about journalism, they'd be reporting on him like no tomorrow.

But the fix is in.

They have no reason to and every reason not to. War makes them money. Lots of it. Not just due to increased viewership, but because the big 5 media companies all have major ties with the military industrial complex (NBC, for a quick example, is owned by GE - here's just one of many articles on the issue: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2627 )

"During just one year, 1989, General Electric had received close to $2 billion in military contracts related to systems that ended up being utilized for the Gulf War. Fifteen years later, the company still had a big stake in military spending. In 2004, when the Pentagon released its list of top military contractors for the latest fiscal year, General Electric ranked eighth with $2.8 billion in contracts (Defense Daily International, 2/13/04)."

And this is why Ron Paul can NOT give them ammo. He is doing a tremendous job. He is winning people over.

Agree. Notice the plug mccaint gave GE last night ?

affa
01-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Agree. Notice the plug mccaint gave GE last night ?

Whoa - no I missed that. Which response?

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Like, the media would rally behind Ron Paul if he did this or if he did that.

I never said rally behind, I said cover.