PDA

View Full Version : Need help with introducing Ron Paul to the debate club at my school.

TheTruth
01-31-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi Guys,
I am in a debate at my school, and I volunteered to get information about Ron Paul, and introduce him to the club. Now there are about 30+ voters in this group, plus their parents, so I thought I might as well talk about him, and his issues, and hopefully get some converts. I know almost everything about him, but i was wondering if anyone has a speech, or any ideas on what i should talk about? I may take a projector out, and show a youtube video of ron paul... Any ideas? (Has to be short).

Thanks,
TheTruth (Go Ron Paul!!! :D )

losinglife
01-31-2008, 07:14 AM
This dudes speech (http://files.meetup.com/497390/Dixie%20Republican%20Forum%20speech%2C%2015-Jan-08.pdf) seemed pretty freakin awesome

Phantom
01-31-2008, 07:31 AM
TheTruth, use that speech losinglife posted. It reads pretty well.

robert4rp08
01-31-2008, 07:38 AM
This dudes speech (http://files.meetup.com/497390/Dixie%20Republican%20Forum%20speech%2C%2015-Jan-08.pdf) seemed pretty freakin awesome

Agreed.

I'm not sure if this would work, but you could open up with a shocking scenario... for example: Did you know that a single person can label you a terrorist or a threat, break into your home to look like a burglary, plant spying devices in your home, drag you off to a secret prison, torture you, deny you a lawyer, not present evidence before a judge, imprison you for years without charges, give you no contact with the outside world, and never release their "evidence" to the public because the info is a "state secret" and would compromise "national security." Believe it, it has already happened [insert names of people; no time to look up right now]

For the past 60+ years, the government has slowly taken your rights away. The opportunity to really fear the people into surrendering their rights came on the tragic day of 911. Since that time, the president has bypassed the checks and balance of the 3 branches of government and transferred power to the executive branch. The president was not meant to have this much power. The government was not meant to have this much power. The founding fathers knew this. We the people employ the government to protect our rights.... not take them away! There is only one man brave enough to talk about this grave injustice. There is only one man that has fought in the face of opposition to protect our rights; to hold true to his oath of office; to defend the constitution. That man is Dr. Ron Paul.... then go into the speech linked above.

TheTruth
02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Ok guys, I did my speech (custom made). I got tons of converts, and I have a mock-election tuesday. I have reservations for a voting table set up, what kinds of things should i print out, and how should i decorate it?