PDA

View Full Version : Winning Argument: Who will bring together the Consevative coalition?

Highstreet
01-31-2008, 06:35 AM
I have successfully turned many of my hardliner friends now. Here it is. Part of this has to do with that there are no conservatives left on the stage, part of it is them saying he is the least worst, which is ok.

Me:
Paul's the only one with a chance of bringing together the Conservative coalition, and we are going to need all three if we want to beat the Dems when they are energized against Bush. He is the only other social conservative. He is the best fiscal conservative on the stage (here's his Economic plan, cut taxes AND spending. Even Mitt's ONLY cuts taxes:rolleyes:) And his Strong National Defense is acceptable by Nat Sec conservatives.

other person:
I like him, I just don't like his Isolationist foreign policy.

me:
Again, the media has hoisted out a set of buzz word labels like the one you just used to try to exclude him from reasonable debate.

His foreign policy is a Strong National Defense like Reagan's. Reagan didn't need to invade the Soviets, and they were much more dangerous than a couple 3rd rate, 3rd world countries with no Navy or Airforce.

--He supported the AUMF to go after AQ.
--He wants to go after the terrorists. No other candidate mentions this.
--He wants to not waste our hard earned money nation building, which conservatives railed against with Clinton.
--He would restrict Student Visas from countries that support terrorism. I don't hear any other candidate saying that.
--He has always voted to secure the borders, and put forth bills to implement the 9/11 commission suggestions.
--He would Defend our great nation if we were actually threatened or attacked. He believes in the Christian theory of Just War.
--He suggests we have more respect for the 2nd amendment, and allow Airlines to provide their own security or allow Pilots to carry firearms. This would have prevented 9/11.
--He was one of the few Congressional Reps to support Israel when they bombed the Iraqi Nuclear facility. He thinks we should stop holding them back. He also wants to end the billiions we give to the Arabs and Israel, which would actually be a net gain for Israel, since the Arabs get 3 times as much money from us in subsidies.

other person:
thanks for the info, I'll check him out.

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 06:42 AM
That looks good.

Here is my short soundbyte list so far:

Keep an unbeatable military.
Uphold the Constitution and US sovereignty: Declare the war, fight it, win it, and come home.
Fight terrorists with intelligence and special units to stop overstretching out troops and to keep our conventional forces free and ready for major conventional threats.
Secure our borders and enforce our visa laws to stop terrorists.
Maintain financial security through sound money, fiscal conservatism, and non-intervention (the smart way to be globally active)—You can’t win a war when you’re bankrupt.

I hope this site helps: http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

I will post another important point in a moment.

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Here is the short version of the next point for now:

David Frum said that the 3 leaders each represent a GOP wing: McCain-military, Romney-business, Huckabee-religion.

Ron Paul is all of those combined, plus he owns the 4th issue of Constitution/small government.

Therefore, Ron Paul is the most electable.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Highstreet
01-31-2008, 03:00 PM
bump for more feedback

Highstreet
01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Thats looks good.

Here is my short soundbyte list so far:

Keep an unbeatable military.
Uphold the Constitution and US sovereignty: Declare the war, fight it, win it, and come home.
Fight terrorists with intelligence and special units to stop overstretching out troops and to keep our conventional forces free and ready for major conventional threats.
Secure our borders and enforce our visa laws to stop terrorists.
Maintain financial security through sound money, fiscal conservatism, and non-intervention (the smart way to be globally active)—You can’t win a war when you’re bankrupt.

I hope this site helps: http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

I will post another important point in a moment.

I think most people would be surprised at how effective this is, when the ONLY reason they didn't like him was because they have been misinformed by the media and those ridiculous buzz words.