PDA

View Full Version : "Have you forgotten about 9/11?"

0zzy
08-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Ohhhhh, how I wanted to slap Mitt so bad. I know Ron Paul is a nice guy and doesn't like to stir trouble and all, but if I was him the conversation would have been something like this:

Mitt: "Have you forgotten about 9/11?"
Paul: "What about 9/11? Please, go ahead and tell me about 9/11. When 9/11 happened people proposed to attack Al Qaeda *raises hand* I said yes to going after Al Qaeda. Yet President Bush decided to go to Iraq, a plan that was devised back in 1998 as the Iraq Liberation Act. And we are in between a civil war and our men are dieing for it and will continue to do so till we leave. So please, tell me Mitt, what about 9/11?"

Or something like that. It sounded way better when I was talking to the wall, but I forgot the words I sued. damn I need a audio recorder.

RP08
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I actually said, out loud "Right on!" at his hand gesturing and dismissive "Just a moment" to Romney as if Mitt was an annoying child interrupting and pulling on his trousers while in the middle of a conversation with adults. Funny and good moment, in my opinion.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
It was gold for Ron Paul, consider the youtube and TV video clip replay possibilities.

CJLauderdale4
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I was sreaming for Ron to say:

"I proposed a summer reading list for Rudy when he questioned me on 9/11. Maybe you should read more about it as well Mr. Romney."

UGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

mackler
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Every time one of them brings up 911, RP should accuse him of being a conspiracy theorist.

fast forward to 2:15 to watch mitt get bitch slapped.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DCFwDoy-Y2Y

jj111
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I actually said, out loud "Right on!" at his hand gesturing and dismissive "Just a moment" to Romney as if Mitt was an annoying child interrupting and pulling on his trousers while in the middle of a conversation with adults. Funny and good moment, in my opinion.

I liked the way Ron handled it too.

Ron was active, not reactive.

Ron did not take the bait.

Ron did not yield the microphone to Romney.

Ron did not allow himself to be baited into a feeding frenzy in which as many of the neocon opponents of him would have taken the time away from him throwing out justifications of the war against "Islamofascism."

Ron Paul did quite well with that. He just ignored Mitt's baiting, and assertively continued talking.

"Now wait a minute" - what a classic line!

Not really aggessive, not mean, simply assertive.

That was a good Ron Paul moment.

jj111
08-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Or "just a moment" - same thing, perfect thing to say...

Syren123
08-05-2007, 06:54 PM
It was almost painful to watch Romney say that. I practically lost my breath, like "what the...?" He can't possibly be that stupid...or maybe he really is. That stupid.

Paulitician
08-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I love how Ron Paul explains point by point why we should not be in Iraq:

It it is unconsitutional/illegal war because it wasn't declared by congress

We went over there under misguided pretenses that Saddam had WMD and somehow it's linked to 9/11

The "war" is getting worse and has now given even more radical Islamists reasons to hate us and attack us

We do not have have the money; we're constantly borrowing money from foreign nations like China.

etc.

Yet the all the neo-con morons have to say is "but sir, 9/11!" Again, what's it got to dow with 9/11?! That freaking notion has already been debunked. I'm just disillusioned that it is still considered an argument and that there are still everyday citizens who fall for it. So sad.

BuddyRey
08-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I agree. The possibility that even one person in this country thinks 9/11 was perpetrated by Saddam Hussein or Iraqis makes me come close to losing my faith in the survivability of the human race.

Buzz
08-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Paul had just explained how Al Qaeda had nothing to do with Iraq, and that complete imbecile says "What about 9/11?" Oh. My. God. The Doc should have given him an on-location brain transplant. :rolleyes:

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 07:18 PM
That freaking notion has already been debunked. I'm just disillusioned that it is still considered an argument and that there are still everyday citizens who fall for it. So sad.

It's what concerns me too. The big lies have been told so many times, it's scary.

Politics always reflects the understanding of the voters, and the voters cannot tell the difference between freedom and coercion. Worse: they are unwilling to surrender coercion for freedom.

It is not just America. Citizens all over the world are persuaded of the grand illusion of the 20th century, namely, that government coercion provides personal security: a safety net against hard times. They look at the government’s net and think "safety." I look at the net and think "entrapment." Voters say, "Don’t take away the net. We paid for it. We deserve it." They do, indeed. -Gary North (http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north552.html)

Syren123
08-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Paul had just explained how Al Qaeda had nothing to do with Iraq, and that complete imbecile says "What about 9/11?" Oh. My. God. The Doc should have given him an on-location brain transplant. :rolleyes:

OMG! It was pitiful!! They seriously DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE F THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

McDermit
08-05-2007, 08:42 PM
it wasn't even the place for a 9/11 comment.. he was talking about iraq, and iraq played no part in 9/11.

angelatc
08-05-2007, 08:47 PM
What he said specifically was that we had no business going to war with those 3rd world nations, meaning Iraq. Romney said "Did you forget about 911?" regarding (one can hope) Afghnistan.

We did have a reason to attack that 3rd world country.

0zzy
08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
What he said specifically was that we had no business going to war with those 3rd world nations, meaning Iraq. Romney said "Did you forget about 911?" regarding (one can hope) Afghnistan.

In 2001 when he voted to go after Osama Bin Laden. It's too late now.

Swmorgan77
08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I've got a discussion going about this interchange on a pro-Romney blog. They are pretty cordial people, and they allow criticism of Romney so be civil and polite...

http://blog.electromneyin2008.com/?p=2732#comments

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 09:26 PM

Well, don't work up too much a sweat trying to find the merit of Mitt's comment, lol.

Paul supported the action to go into Afghanistan and after Bin Laden, but it turned into nation building and somehow morphed into an invasion of Iraq...and Bin Laden somehow didn't "matter" anymore according to Bush.

So, I don't see Mitt having any leg to stand on for attempting to turn Paul's statements.

Hook
08-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Ronmey is simply looking for an "in" so that he can show some kind of assertiveness like Rudy. I'm sure he didn't really think about the logical consistency of what he was saying, but rather what would sound good to the brain-dead neocons in the audience. I doubt he really cares about the subject at all.