PDA

View Full Version : Why are some people so desperate for lovin' from the other candidates????

The One
01-31-2008, 04:49 AM
I frequently notice threads that express new-found appreciation for a candidate who demonstrates some level of decency toward RP one time or gives RP an ounce of respect here or there. All the past bs of that candidate is magically wiped away, and the boards light up with commentary on how so-and-so seems to respect RP and "Should Ron Paul run with (insert jackass's name here)?" threads.

It reminds me of the kid in high school who is picked on and excluded by the "popular" crowd. Then, one day, a popular kid is nice for about a half-second, and the outcast kid lights up with joy and appreciation. It's a rather sad sight to me.

IMHO, the other candidates are the enemy. They do not respect RP, and none of them would ever choose RP as a running mate. The notion that any of them would is laughable and even borderline delusional. The idea is not worthy of speculation. Additionally, RP would never run with any of them even if he was asked.

Any brief, flashing moments of decency we might see from another candidate can be attributed to some self-serving agenda. They are certainly not our friends or allies. Everyone of them represents everything we're against, so why is there this need on the part of some to seek and bask in the approval of these people? Screw those pricks.
:confused::confused::confused:

JohnnyWrath
01-31-2008, 04:57 AM
Nobody said anything nice about Ron Paul....what were you watching?

StonewallJacksonJenkins
01-31-2008, 05:06 AM
I frequently notice threads that express new-found appreciation for a candidate who says something nice about RP one time or gives RP an ounce of respect here or there. All the past bs of that candidate is magically wiped away, and the boards light up with commentary on how so-and-so seems to respect RP and "Should Ron Paul run with (insert jackass's name here)?" threads.

It reminds me of the kid in high school who is picked on and excluded by the "popular" crowd. Then, one day, a popular kid is nice for about a half-second, and the outcast kid lights up with joy and appreciation. It's a rather sad sight to me.

IMHO, the other candidates are the enemy. They do not respect RP, and none of them would ever choose RP as a running mate. The notion that any of them would is laughable and even borderline delusional. The idea is not worthy of speculation. Additionally, RP would never run with any of them even if he was asked.

Any brief, flashing moments of decency we might see from another candidate can be attributed to some self-serving agenda. They are certainly not our friends or allies. Everyone of them represents everything we're against, so why is there this need on the part of some to seek and bask in the approval of these people? Screw those pricks.
:confused::confused::confused:

You took the works right out of my mouth. They deserve nothing......It's our turn to laugh.

The One
01-31-2008, 05:27 AM
Nobody said anything nice about Ron Paul....what were you watching?

Point conceded, my choice of words was inaccurate. Post corrected.

I'm referring to the following type things:

Huckabee listens respectfully when RP speaks. Well, big fuckin' deal!!!!!!! That's what a person is supposed to do.

McCain says he and Ron Paul haven't attacked each other....followed by some other thread titled "McCain/Paul ticket?"

Giulliani acknowledges Ron Paul supporters. Well, it's kinda hard not to when they show up to your events and out-yell your supporters.

Obama/Paul ticket?

Giulliani mentions Ron Paul in concession speech.

etc. etc.

The One
02-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Shameless self-bump because it's even more true today than it was when I first posted it.

sb10
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Very well said.

You can either act submissively and grovel for attention or act like you are worthy of respect.

I remember Rudy snickering at Ron Paul during a debate last September, while Rudy was riding high with about 40% poll rating. Look where Rudy is now....