PDA

View Full Version : the "100 year" question was a softball. gotta credit CNN for the one thing they did

BarryDonegan
01-31-2008, 04:26 AM
this question was really beneficial for Paul to get to answer. makes him look sensable, and serves as an attack against McCain.

they definately shorted him on the time, but this was a free homerun for ron.

credit where credits due.

WTFYO
01-31-2008, 04:56 AM
Yeah, i was shocked when they asked him this question. It was especially shocking that Anderson had asked it after he had treated Paul so badly earlier in the debate. Give credit to Ron Paul for taking full advantage of that question. Awesome.

jrich4rpaul
01-31-2008, 05:51 AM
Too bad 90% of the people watching went and took a piss break while Ron Paul answered this question because they don't want to listen to him.

liberteebell
01-31-2008, 05:56 AM
Too bad 90% of the people watching went and took a piss break while Ron Paul answered this question because they don't want to listen to him.

Well, some people heard it and saw how Ron Paul and the huckster to some extent were ignored and it's brought out much sympathy and respect for how polite Ron Paul is and questioning why he's being ignored...

jrich4rpaul
01-31-2008, 05:58 AM
Well, some people heard it and saw how Ron Paul and the huckster to some extent were ignored and it's brought out much sympathy and respect for how polite Ron Paul is and questioning why he's being ignored...

A few people will like how polite he is, but the sad reality is that the majority want candidates that act like dicks and interrupt people and laugh at other's answers.

BarryDonegan
01-31-2008, 06:08 AM
not at all. dr paul wins people over at debates no matter how small the face time. primarily because the debates never make him look bad. the majority of people, however, do not watch the debates.

dr. paul's name awareness is still pitiful compared to other candidates, we have much work to do.

mccain looked awful during this debate, specifically his attacks on romney, most were terribly childish. like calling his business experience experience with buying and selling and laying lots of people off of their jobs. that was a stereotype, an ignorant stereotype at that. it just sounded like mccain was rude and uneducated.

im no romney supporter, but i felt that attack was unwarranted. i feel there are a million legitimate complaints against romney, such as his inconsistent record on certain issues, but the main thing this debate highlighted, is mccain can't attack romney on his flip flops because all of his flip flops highlight key issues which are issues that mccain disagrees with the republican base on(abortion, amnesty etc), so he made up these two new issues(albeit fake), troop withdrawal, and that romney is a venture capitalist or something that made a fortune on shorting companies(i don't know that this is the case but it was mccains implication.)

TonySutton
01-31-2008, 06:19 AM
I believe Ron Paul's demeanor in the debate will help us in the one demographic where we could use the most help, over 50 years old. He did a great job in the debates. Ron Paul knows his base and he knows where he needs help. He did an excellent job of reaching out exactly where he needs help.

pcosmar
01-31-2008, 06:27 AM
mccain looked awful during this debate, specifically his attacks on romney, most were terribly childish. like calling his business experience experience with buying and selling and laying lots of people off of their jobs.
I agree that McCain looked like an idiot. Good.
Dr.Paul won't go negative, it is not his style. And many dislike this in politics.
I expected Romney and McCain to go at it. I was also glad that he brought up HOW Romney made his money. Many don't know.
As a Corporate Raider He put hundreds out of work, screwed over investors and creditors, and Produced NOTHING. Well nothing but profit for himself. While these practices are legal, many question the morals of someone who would make a profit on the misfortune of others.
I was glad it came up.