PDA

View Full Version : November 5th creator meets Ron Paul at rally

Jamsie 567
01-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Tonight when I was heading up to the debate I had some mixed emotions. I drove over 80 miles tonight just to see Ron Paul talk. This would be the first time I had a chance to talk to him and tell him who I am. I was in a line of about 200 people all just getting a chance to shake hands. He was not giving any autographs because there were way to many people. I was holding a copy of the New York Times article from November 10th that talked about how I proposed the idea for November 5th and created the video.

I walked up to Dr Paul and told him who I was and asked if he could autograph my newspaper. I was then pulled aside by one of the campaign staff members and he said please wait here for a mintue. The videographer then asked me a few questions about November 5th I was pretty nervous. Ron Paul then walked up to me and shook my hand and autographed my newspaper. We then chatted for a few minutes and I took a couple photos with him. I did not have a camera but one of the staff members said he would email it to me. He truly is a humble great person and I am glad I had an opportunity to meet him.

As I was leaving the lobby I saw a huge crowd gathering around someone. I walked a bit closer and noticed it was Carol Paul. I walked up to her and told her the New York Times is going to need to write this article again. It says Ron Paul neglected to thank Trevor and I for November 5th and I just met Ron for the first time and he thanked me. She then figured out who I was and we made some small talk, she is a super nice lady.

One of the campaign staffers over heard my conversation he took off his VIP badge from the Republican debate and handed it to Carol Paul she autographed it and handed it to me. The Staff member was really a stand up guy to do that.

There is more haha....

I start leaving the debate and the Ron Paul super huge limo is outside. I bumped into Joby earlier in the night and he promised me a ride. I saw a bunch of people getting into the limo so I took a couple snap shots in front of the the Limo then jumped in. We cruised around for 45 minutes, I was trying to hand out slim jims out the window but was not succesful it was pretty amazing to say the least.

One guy yelled at me F Ron Paul, my friend Dane yells out he WANTS TO STOP THE DRAFT all pissed off you could here the aggression in his voice. The guy kind of sat back like whoa maybe this is not a good idea. I could tell the guy was kind of taken back. The rude guy then says does he want to legalize marijuana? I said yes he does. We then started driving away and I yelled out believe LOL. I have no clue why I said that I think I have made way to many RP YouTube videos.

That was my story for the night I couldn't make it up if I tried LOL.

My latest vid I hope you like it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1n-0K5apk

God Bless,

James S

brendalittle
01-31-2008, 03:37 AM
Totally cool. thanks for sharing.

abers076
01-31-2008, 03:39 AM
wow, great story, thanks a lot!

InLoveWithRon
01-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Amazing, Amazing !