PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wish Paul was more agressive at the debates?

Seer
08-05-2007, 06:07 PM
He does a good job explaining himself when he gets a question, but he needs to be a little more forceful in getting questions asked.

For example, he always gets a disproportionate number of foreign policy questions, which keeps him from connecting with Republicans on domestic issues.

I'd also like him to pull a "You're no Ronald Reagan" moment on Romney, but mostly I really want him to go out and me a little more agressive on getting more questions and showing that he's the most conservative member of Congress on taxes and spending.

njandrewg
08-05-2007, 06:14 PM
eh I don't think that would help that much...would be the republican Mike Gravel...and the guy is made out to look like a rabid dog by the media

Alabama Supporter
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
He did perfect today. My feelings have changed over the day, but the only thing that will be remembered from today's debate is "just come home". That is the quote that will be in hundreds of newspapers tomorrow. Hardly anybody watched the debate today anyway.

jj111
08-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Monday morning quarterbacks. He'll get feedback from his campaign staff and others. He'll review the clips himself probably. He admitted in the debates that he is constantly trying to improve the forcefulness of his advocacy of liberty and the Constitution. I have confidence that Ron Paul will do the best he humanly can, and that he has the brains, experience, and "street smarts" to make the best he can out his situations....

jorger
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
"just come home" is going to be everywhere.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=%22just+come+home%22&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd rather Ron Paul try not to be like Rudy and Mitt or Tancredo by interrupting or being argumentative.

BuddyRey
08-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Ron Paul's biggest weakness (perhaps, paradoxically, also his biggest strength) is his polite bearing and very gentlemanly demeanor. He's a real statesman and doesn't have to debase himself by being an insensate, self-serving thug like nearly every other man on that stage. Still, I do agree that, when he's treated unfairly, the claws should come out. Voters do tend to recognize and respect strength and confidence, and though Dr. Paul's got the avuncular quality that endears him to so many people, it wouldn't do him any harm to sharpen his weapons for battle. Even he admitted that sometimes he doesn't "speak forcefully enough."

RP08
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I agree with jj111

I think he is fiesty when necessary but not bullish, which I like. He's also nice-guy, real, and approachable with a good head on his shoulders. I like that too.

I have a feeling that he's appealing to a broader range of people than "talking-point politicians".

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Ron Paul's biggest weakness (perhaps, paradoxically, also his biggest strength) is his polite bearing and very gentlemanly demeanor. He's a real statesman and doesn't have to debase himself by being an insensate, self-serving thug like nearly every other man on that stage. Still, I do agree that, when he's treated unfairly, the claws should come out. Voters do tend to recognize and respect strength and confidence, and though Dr. Paul's got the avuncular quality that endears him to so many people, it wouldn't do him any harm to sharpen his weapons for battle. Even he admitted that sometimes he doesn't "speak forcefully enough."

I found his statement about leaving Iraq very forceful.

I just don't think we are going ever see Paul really go on an attack over unfair treatment. He's more a" take your lumps and press on, don't whine" kind of guy.

Also, consider that he has to do a lot of complaining about the current situation our nation is in, he certainly doesn't want to combine that with complaints about ill treatment of him or his campaign.

When he is asked about unfair ways he is portrayed or treated, he is always fairly upbeat about it and doesn't readily accept a mantle of sympathy.

max
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
George Galloway spanking Senatots Coleman and Levin of Foreign Relations commmittee..MUST SEE..4 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdFFCnYtbk

Lord Xar
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I think when its just the 4 of them at the end of the month, they will have an agenda to gang up on him.. if he is passive and sorta dopey about it, they will roast him. He needs to charge full ahead and call them on their bullsh#t!

Like ghoulianis flipping on immigration and ny sanctuary city and his behaviour during 9/11 and the fireman.. definetly jam on romney for his flipflopping and his questionable business ethics.

I am not saying Ron Paul needs to come out swinging, but HE needs to control the debate and not always be on the defensive... he needs to put a full stop to it once it rears its head, that way 'their' agenda will be throw into whack..

I hope his son reads these boards.. because I feel many of us, as outsiders, can bring some clarity that the inside does not see - because they are too close and cannot gain objectivity...

jj111
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Interesting encounter I had with an old friend, I asked him if he had heard about Ron Paul or seen him on YouTube.

He hadn't until I alerted him, but he emailed me back that after arousing his curiousity, he had watched two 5 minute clips of Ron Paul on YouTube.

My old friend said he liked Ron Paul. Here is one of the few things he mentioned that he specifically liked about Ron Paul: "I noticed he didn't demonize anyone."

That is a positive quality in his mind, and I'm sure in others.

Keep that in mind.....

PHenry
08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Dr. Paul has to be himself. He makes the most of the time given him by actually addressing the questions asked of him. I don't want him to try to be like those politicians! No interrupting and pulling Rudy-type grandstanding.

I know he will continue a positive approach to the campaign and wouldn't change anything that he's doing. What attracted me to Dr. Paul is the message AND the messenger!