PDA

View Full Version : McCain and the typical debate format

BrooklynZoo
01-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Quote:

My friends, they support me - Jack Kemp, and Phil Graham, and Joe Nobodycares - because I was a POW. And a military leader. And that's what this country needs, is leading. And someone has to do it. Jack Kemp and Joe Blow and Jack Kemp, they know this and that's why they, my friends, support me as their leader for leading. My friends. Jack Kemp.

Reading the above made me think about just how ridiculous and biased the debate formats have been to Dr. Paul. I don't know how anyone can even consider voting for McCain when he sounds like this:

MCCAIN: And don't forget, I was a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution. Jack Kemp supports me, and Charles Keat... uh I mean Phil Gramm. I was an ace pilot, downed five planes, my friends. My own planes, but five planes. I have a record of leadership.

MODERATOR: Senator, what do you say to those who challenge your record on the war and amnesty?

MCCAIN: There will be no timestables. That's my promise to math teachers in America. Listen, Americans made it clear, they want us to secure the borders. I hear them. I will secure the borders. I'm from a border state, I know all about laying bricks and building fences. Once the borders are secure, then I'll give amnesty to all the illegals.

MODERATOR: But can we afford to stay in Iraq for 100 years as you've suggested?

MCCAIN: My friends. I'm going to give you some straight talk. It's not American soldiers, it's American casualties. We've had soldiers in Kuwait for many years and in Korea. It's the casualties. When I start wars across the world, our casualty rate will be much lower by percent in Iraq that it will be in Iran. I'll tell you, and Rudy Giuliani told me earlier, "9/11." And he will be my strong right arm in the fight against Islamic extremism. And I think the Mayor is an American hero. When he denied the NYC firefighers new radio equipment before 9/11, he demonstrated fiscal discipline and that's another reason why he endorsed me, because he knows I will not surrender and I will veto all pork-barrel spending. If anyone ever rolls a pig past my desk as President, I'll roll it back to the farm.

MODERATOR: We now have a question for Congressman Paul. Congressman Paul, please sum up your policy positions for us in three seconds.

PAUL: Well, I think...

MODERATOR: ...Governor Romney, you have 15 minutes to respond.

;)

Xenophage
01-31-2008, 07:54 AM
lol

this deserved a bump

bappley
01-31-2008, 07:56 AM
bump for awesomeness

GoDrNo
01-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Quote:

Reading the above made me think about just how ridiculous and biased the debate formats have been to Dr. Paul. I don't know how anyone can even consider voting for McCain when he sounds like this:

MCCAIN: And don't forget, I was a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution. Jack Kemp supports me, and Charles Keat... uh I mean Phil Gramm. I was an ace pilot, downed five planes, my friends. My own planes, but five planes. I have a record of leadership.

MODERATOR: Senator, what do you say to those who challenge your record on the war and amnesty?

MCCAIN: There will be no timestables. That's my promise to math teachers in America. Listen, Americans made it clear, they want us to secure the borders. I hear them. I will secure the borders. I'm from a border state, I know all about laying bricks and building fences. Once the borders are secure, then I'll give amnesty to all the illegals.

MODERATOR: But can we afford to stay in Iraq for 100 years as you've suggested?

MCCAIN: My friends. I'm going to give you some straight talk. It's not American soldiers, it's American casualties. We've had soldiers in Kuwait for many years and in Korea. It's the casualties. When I start wars across the world, our casualty rate will be much lower by percent in Iraq that it will be in Iran. I'll tell you, and Rudy Giuliani told me earlier, "9/11." And he will be my strong right arm in the fight against Islamic extremism. And I think the Mayor is an American hero. When he denied the NYC firefighers new radio equipment before 9/11, he demonstrated fiscal discipline and that's another reason why he endorsed me, because he knows I will not surrender and I will veto all pork-barrel spending. If anyone ever rolls a pig past my desk as President, I'll roll it back to the farm.

MODERATOR: We now have a question for Congressman Paul. Congressman Paul, please sum up your policy positions for us in three seconds.

PAUL: Well, I think...

MODERATOR: ...Governor Romney, you have 15 minutes to respond.

;)

:D Good post to read this early in the morning, it never hurts to start your day with a smile and a laugh.

tommyzDad
01-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Quote:

I was an ace pilot, downed five planes, my friends. My own planes, but five planes. I have a record of leadership.

So he's an ace? McCain has no shame! No-Shame McCain. Last I checked, one needed 10 kills to be called an Ace, and that's 10 enemy killed.

Rangeley
01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Very funny!

CelestialRender
01-31-2008, 08:29 AM
lol. funnier than the morons who want to send Anderson Cooper "presents".

Mini-Me
01-31-2008, 08:34 AM
What's funny is that pieces of that script seem to be direct quotes from last night! :p

celticsman7
01-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Send this to Saturday Night Live.