PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee ad in TN on CNN

FTL
01-31-2008, 01:36 AM
I don't know if it was a local ad or a national one, but where the hell are the Ron Paul ads?

Paul has more money than Huck. How can Huck afford these ads and Ron cannot?

Oh yeah, it was an ad about abolishing the IRS. Yet another idea stolen from Ron Paul.

Molly1
01-31-2008, 01:39 AM
The difference is Ron Paul wants to abolish taxes. With Ron Paul's plan you would pay no taxes at all.

With Huckabee's plan you would still pay taxes in the form of a sales tax on everything you buy. Huckabee leaves out that little detail.

Lying by omission is still a sin, Huckabee.

Xenophage
01-31-2008, 02:56 AM
I've seen Paul ads up here in Alaska running on the local NBC affiliate a lot. I just saw another one during Jay Leno.

In response to the 2nd poster,

Ron Paul is not advocating the "end of all taxes." He's advocating an end to the personal income tax. The ultimate libertarian goal of abolishing taxation and replacing it with voluntary user fees is not something that would happen within a Presidential term, or even two Presidential terms.

mdmarino
01-31-2008, 06:04 AM
I'm in Nashville, and I saw an official RP ad on CNN before the debate last night (during Lou Dobbs). Someone else from East TN said they're airing out there too. It was this ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWL7F4nK_Yw

NinjaPirate
01-31-2008, 07:52 AM
I saw a Huck just after the debates last night in FL.

evadmurd
01-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Haven't seen any RP ads here yet, but I haven't been watching too much tv. I did hear Huck's ad last night after the debate. Quite a few Hillary and Obama ads.

JosephTheLibertarian
01-31-2008, 10:57 AM
It doesn't matter how much Ron Paul advertises, the national corporate conglomerates (FNC, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, NBC) will give Mccain and Romney millions of dollars in free advertising every single day. It's like a catch 22. Our elections are pretty much rigged