PDA

View Full Version : Please Pass this advice to Ron Paul's advisors

nick4rp
01-31-2008, 01:27 AM
I only saw the Ron Paul highlights on YouTube as I was sitting in traffic, but I really got irritated with Anderson Cooper (forever "the MOLE") cut Ron Paul off and said "I promise to give you 30 seconds after the break, blah, blah".

Ron looked frustrated and I'm sure, deep down, hurt.

Well, I for one think Ron Paul needs to have "his defining moment". The average voter loves cutesy "one liners" and "soundbites". Fortunately, Ronald Reagan was able to "deliver" and also was truthful. The worse combo is a "straight-talking-liar" who can be cute...ala McClinton.

Anyhow, Ron Paul needs to just one day, just catch the media off guard and say something like Reagan said in 1980. He needs his "I paid for this microphone" moment.

That show of strength is that thing American voters seem to love, "soundbites" and "toughness". I just think he needs to put things in terms that dopey voters can understand. Like the last debate, I got what he was driving at when he asked McClinton about Economics, but the average voter doesn't get it and obviously, Florida didn't get it that McClinton is stupid with the Economy.

Most people unfortunately want to hear "rah rah" and not history lessons. I'm not saying its right, but he's gotta get really saavy.

See and LISTEN to the commentary about the results Reagan had after doing this to see what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHve9iQymqE

luckystars
01-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Ron Paul is himself. He should relax and know this is not a one trick pony show. It is the long haul. His message is the magic. It won't happen this election cycle or next, it is the future. Chill.........

Fields
01-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Reagan's Humor

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dpOgYbr234Q

The one where you tells the heckler to shut up is what he needs to do to McCain and then own him on his lies.

maghi85
01-31-2008, 02:49 AM
the MSM will use it against RP

coffeewithchess
01-31-2008, 02:59 AM
the MSM will use it against RP

Who cares...at least they would maybe talk about him. The whole problem with people saying, "He is himself" is that if he doesn't win in some big way on Super Tuesday, don't expect him to be invited to another debate...my fear is that RP lost his chance tonight by "being nice and quiet". He should have been calling names and saying..."You know, I feel kind of funny sitting on this stage amongst these liberals, the only ones missing are Hillary and Obama...where is the conservative Republican debate?" He should have portrayed McCain and Huckabee as liberals like Hillary, he can destroy Romney on anything, because Romney needs to go and speak with his lawyers before making a decision...but RP may have lost his last chance and gone down being "nice".

jtown
01-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Who cares...at least they would maybe talk about him. The whole problem with people saying, "He is himself" is that if he doesn't win in some big way on Super Tuesday, don't expect him to be invited to another debate...my fear is that RP lost his chance tonight by "being nice and quiet". He should have been calling names and saying..."You know, I feel kind of funny sitting on this stage amongst these liberals, the only ones missing are Hillary and Obama...where is the conservative Republican debate?" He should have portrayed McCain and Huckabee as liberals like Hillary, he can destroy Romney on anything, because Romney needs to go and speak with his lawyers before making a decision...but RP may have lost his last chance and gone down being "nice".

I always see people saying what Ron Paul "SHOULD HAVE" been doing. It's January and there's 4 canidates left....he must be doing something right.

I guess everyones a critic and they will always second guess a great leader...Even Jefferson was second guessed.

-Jtown

Craig_R
01-31-2008, 04:06 AM

+1
time to go on the attack, call them out on being liberals because they got nothing to come back with. and the media really loves the mudslinging and they might actually report on Paul