PDA

View Full Version : Politico Top Ten Questions NOT USED!!!

mello
01-31-2008, 12:40 AM
What was the point of all of that voting to bump up questions if they were not going to use the top ten? What a friggin' joke!

1. Question on: Economy
Can you explain exactly what your definition of winning the war on terror (not limited to Iraq) is, when you think we will 'win', what you think it will cost to 'win', and whether you feel the cost today and in the future is and will continue to be major drain on the economy? Moderator - please note this is solely intended to be a question about the candidates views on the impact of the war on terror on our economy (and is not meant to be a foreign policy or Iraq question).

2. Question on: Foreign Policy
In the Florida debate Senator McCain said "we have American troops all over the world today and nobody complains about it because we are defending freedom. Thats one of the obligations of being the worlds super power." Do the rest of you agree with Senator McCain and if so, what amount of taxpayer money will you allocate for this obligation? Do you believe that a majority of American taxpayers also feel this obligation and want to fund the defense of freedoms across the world, while we loose our own.

3. Question on: Economy
Two years after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and Gulf Coast schools, hospitals, police stations, roads and flood protection still lie in ruins, keeping displaced residents from returning and communities from recovering. Will you support H.R. 4048, the Gulf Coast Civic Works Act, as President to rebuild community infrastructure and create job and skills training opportunities for Gulf Coast residents to rebuild?

4. Question on: Economy
The Federal Reserve recently propped up the markets with an emergency rate cut, which experts agree will create yet another bubble. Do you believe that the government should continue to delegate the power to control our economy to a private banking institution, that has no congressional oversight?

5. Question on: Economy
This is meant for EVERYONE not just ron paul. Why are we paying taxes that are unconstitutional? How will you get us out from under the the FED that is ruining our economy by printing more money?

6. Question on: Economy
What caused the housing bubble?

7. Question on: Leadership
H.R. 1955 (Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007) was passed recently by the House. The bill essentially declares that forms of persuasion or force including freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, political action, and mental and moral action can be considered forms of terrorism. Isn't this a direct attack on our liberties and freedoms and what will you do about it?

8. Question on: Economy
USA Today has said that we will need to obtain $58 Trillion by 2040 to cover our current and future debts. Our future debt will total about $400,000 per household, I for one do not have this kind of money. David Walker, Comptroller General of the United States, says that we "face a tsunami of spending due to the retirement of the baby boomers, and every year we don't act the number goes up $2-3 Trillion." If elected President, how will you do major reducing in spending? (Sorry John McCain, just cutting pork barrel will not be nearly enough)

9. Question on: Economy
The question of monetary reform is seldom brought up during the Presidential debates although I believe it is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Since 1913 the citizens of this country have allowed the Board of Governors at the Federal Reserve to control our money supply by raising or lowering interest rates while our government must borrow money at interest. Would you support the repeal of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and place the responsibility of our money supply in the hands of Congress either through a fiat currency based on the budget of Congress or a gold and silver standard?

10. Question on: Foreign Policy
The first dramatic growth spurt of the national debt occurred because of the Civil War. The debt was just $65 million in 1860, but passed $1 billion in 1863 and had reached $2.7 billion following the war. The debt slowly fluctuated for the rest of the century, finally growing steadily in the 1910s and early 1920s to roughly $22 billion as the country paid for involvement in World War I. The buildup and involvement in World War II brought the debt up another order of magnitude from $51 billion in 1940 to $260 billion following the war. After this period, the debt's growth closely matched the rate of inflation until the 1980s, when it again began to skyrocket. Between 1980 and 1990, the debt more than tripled. By the end of 2005, the gross debt reached $7.9 trillion, about 8.7 times its 1980 level. Can the US afford another war? Is the amount of debt damaging our national security?

EvilEngineer
01-31-2008, 01:11 AM
they did the same thing for the youtube debates. It's the illusion of influence they want to give. They screened the hell out of all the questions and picked the ones THEY wanted, not the ones we wanted.

Ron2Win
01-31-2008, 01:12 AM
Yep, they are walking a very very fine line to keep us in check.

JoshLowry
01-31-2008, 01:13 AM
I've said it before, Politico is not your friend.

Politico does not serve our interests of freedom or prosperity. They are no different than FOX in my opinion.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200705160009?f=h_top
(http://mediamatters.org/items/200705160009?f=h_top)

For example, on the May 16 edition of CNN's American Morning, Politico executive editor Jim VandeHei said that "Rudy Giuliani came off terrific" during the debate, "mostly because he got that softball, where Ron Paul lobs it to him and basically blames the U.S. for the 9-11 attacks." In response to VandeHei, co-host John Roberts mimicked a baseball swing with his arms and said, "Ron Paul -- lob ball, and boom." VandeHei then concluded: "You dream of those moments when you're a candidate, that's for sure." Later in the program, Roberts said that Paul "did kind of stick his foot in it, though, when he suggested last night that it was U.S. intervention overseas that was responsible for the 9-11 attacks."

Stay away from that site and tell your friends not to visit.

Give me liberty
01-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Dont forget they didnt use the question H.R 1955

NerveShocker
01-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Great questions.. CNN is despicable. Not that any of the old media are any better.

Fields
01-31-2008, 01:30 AM
I never realized how bias the media was til I started truly paying attention to detail because of Ron Paul. Wow, thank you for opening my eyes. I'll never be the same.

Gadsdenfly
01-31-2008, 01:31 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzz
they never were going to be used