PDA

View Full Version : Ron Pauls 10 seconds of time changed a LOT of people, trust me.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-31-2008, 12:28 AM
I've had this close friend, and we disagreed on lots of things politic and I've urged her to vote for Ron Paul in NY primaries. She said he was crazy and the usual jazz people who are not too sure about Ron Paul say. I'm not sure if it was more of Ron Paul's great use of his 10 seconds, or the belittling McWar and Flopmney did to theirselvse and eachother, but she said her and her mother were watching the debate and decided they like Ron Paul, they were going to vote for McWar and Flopmney.

Edit: let me clarify this : THEY ARE VOTING FOR PAUL!

yaz
01-31-2008, 12:32 AM
when people say ron paul is crazy say, "Let me remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Akus
01-31-2008, 01:11 AM
I've had this close friend, and we disagreed on lots of things politic and I've urged her to vote for Ron Paul in NY primaries. She said he was crazy and the usual jazz people who are not too sure about Ron Paul say. I'm not sure if it was more of Ron Paul's great use of his 10 seconds, or the belittling McWar and Flopmney did to theirselvse and eachother, but she said her and her mother were watching the debate and decided they like Ron Paul, they were going to vote for McWar and Flopmney.
So they'll still vote for the other guy, even though they like RP?

MooCowzRock
01-31-2008, 01:14 AM

"they WERE going to"

past tense, thankfully...;P

rp08orbust
01-31-2008, 01:16 AM
"they WERE going to"

past tense, thankfully...;P

It should be past-perfect tense: "they had been intending to vote for..."

ErikBlack
01-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Wouldn't it be "they intended to vote for"?

Defining Obscene
01-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Why are you guys arguing over technicality on something you both agree on?

You should be paying attention to the fact more people are voting for Ron Paul!

I had to.

The00viper
01-31-2008, 01:50 AM
It should be past-perfect tense: "they had been intending to vote for..."

Passive voice :mad:

lasenorita
01-31-2008, 02:36 AM
lol. Grammar confustibications aside, awesome post! :) Now if more people are like your close friend and her mother...

Thanehand
01-31-2008, 02:41 AM

Many feel an urgency to vote for someone that can beat McCain, and since the media has told them Ron can't win, they vote for the next best thing (again, according to the media) -- Romney.

liberty-rp08
01-31-2008, 02:45 AM
I hope the Giuliani vote stays home now in NY/NJ. That would be awesome for us. Ron Paul will be listed first on the ballot in NY, so that should help.