PDA

View Full Version : 10 Minute Fox News Interview - Post Debate

Razmear
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2007/08/05/ron-paul-on-fox-big-story-videos/

Ron did much better here in this format than he did in the debate.
And yes, it was on FoxNews :eek:

eb

Wyurm
08-05-2007, 05:44 PM
yes, that was a MOST awsome interview. It is possible that I loved it so much since I was not expecting it to go well (it is Fox News after all)

spacebetween
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Did anyone get to see the very end of the show? I think they read my letter, and my DVR didn't get the very tail of the show.

Fox News,

WOW!!! Ron Paul was incredible. Thanks so much for showing more of
him... he is the guy to beat!

I would like to learn more about him. Have him on more often!

Sincerely,
Ryan C.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Ron rushes his answers in the debates because he realizes he has so little in the way of time to say anything. In a tough Q&A format like this, or a one on one debate, he dominates.

Slugg
08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
yes, that was a MOST awsome interview. It is possible that I loved it so much since I was not expecting it to go well (it is Fox News after all)

It seemed as if they were letting him 'clear the air' from some of the things they tried to pin on him before....it was nice.

Perry
08-05-2007, 05:47 PM
You know what happens when you attempt to corner a badger?

That's what happened here. Ron Paul opened up a can of whoopass on Faux news!

DeadheadForPaul
08-05-2007, 05:47 PM

I thought it was decent for Faux News, but far from "awesome". Half of his time was spent on Alex Jones and 9/11 Truth. Thanks conspiracy theorists :rolleyes:
I guess it was good for him to clear his name but he shouldnt have to be doing that at all

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I felt it was an awesome interview. Far more valuable than a Tucker session.

DeadheadForPaul
08-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Ron rushes his answers in the debates because he realizes he has so little in the way of time to say anything. In a tough Q&A format like this, or a one on one debate, he dominates.

I agree. That debate did not allow enough time for a thought-out answer like Dr. Paul's.

This is basically what went down
Snuff: "Explain how you would settle the millenia-old religious conflict in the Middle East in 30 seconds...go!"

Razmear
08-05-2007, 05:50 PM

1 minute on FoxNews is 10 times the exposure as 10 minutes with Tucker. As much as we hate FoxNews, they have the most viewers of any of the news channels.

eb

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I agree. That debate did not allow enough time for a thought-out answer like Dr. Paul's.

This is basically what went down
Snuff: "Explain how you would settle the millenia-old religious conflict in the Middle East in 30 seconds...go!"

McCain's response would be that we need to engage them in a 100 year jihad, he knows this because he has served in the military and has been serving this country for 50 years, and because history will be his judge, not the American people..

Wyurm
08-05-2007, 05:51 PM

I love the Tucker sessions, but really, hes just preaching to the choir on that show. With Fox News, hes speaking out to people he does not normally get as a receptive audience.

I'm wishing they would stop calling him a dark horse though, I feel he's moved up to firey dragon by now.

CurtisLow
08-05-2007, 05:52 PM
I think fox was trying to set him up but the Dr. is to smart for that. He turned it around on them. WooT!

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I love the Tucker sessions, but really, hes just preaching to the choir on that show. With Fox News, hes speaking out to people he does not normally get as a receptive audience.

I'm wishing they would stop calling him a dark horse though, I feel he's moved up to firey dragon by now.

Fiery Dragon, hehe.

You didn't by any chance used to play Dark Ages of Camelot with me a few years back? :p

richard1984
08-05-2007, 06:00 PM
With that interview topping it off, today has been a great day for the Ron Paul campaign. In my opinion, things have turned out much better than expected. I wasn't too pumped after than "debate" this morning, but I think that it was enough to push Dr. Paul into front-runner position. I know that people (like my girlfriend's mom) reacted very positively to the FoxNews interview.

It's getting better all the time.

richard1984
08-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I think fox was trying to set him up but the Dr. is to smart for that. He turned it around on them. WooT!

Yeah. If he hadn't answered those questions satisfactorily, the interview definitely wouldn’t have gone so well. Ron Paul is the man!

PaleoForPaul
08-05-2007, 06:07 PM

Set him up how? They told him before the break about the Alex Jones question, and gave him all that time to work on a response. They allowed him to respond to a major attack that many right wing critics of his make (ie Malkin), on national television. That isn't a setup, it's a GIFT.

Slugg
08-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Set him up how? They told him before the break about the Alex Jones question, and gave him all that time to work on a response. They allowed him to respond to a major attack that many right wing critics of his make (ie Malkin), on national television. That isn't a setup, it's a GIFT.

See, that's what I think. I think they were allowing him to clear the air....king of 'reset' from the things they had said about him before. Now, lets see if they do a segment without him and talk about how he's NOT a 'truther'....

Only time will tell....

CJLauderdale4
08-05-2007, 06:10 PM
For FoxNews, this was actually to the point and wonderful. She actually asked him questions with substance, and even tried a machine-gun, rapid-fire approach to get Ron off his feet. But, of couse, nothing catches Ron Paul off guard.

I wonder if they would go on with Rudy McRomney and try this tactic??? Hmmm...

I am personally surprised that they actually gave Ron the full 10 minutes - definitely a lot different from the previous 5-min Cavuto hit-jobs they've attempted.

Ron was great, and I actually think that at the end of the interview Ms. Benderas was actually liking the Ron Paul message!!!

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 06:12 PM
With that interview topping it off, today has been a great day for the Ron Paul campaign. In my opinion, things have turned out much better than expected. I wasn't too pumped after than "debate" this morning, but I think that it was enough to push Dr. Paul into front-runner position. I know that people (like my girlfriend's mom) reacted very positively to the FoxNews interview.

It's getting better all the time.

I agree. I felt bummed when the debate ended, but that was the depression brought on by listening to those all that drivel without enough Ron Paul time.

I now believe that the video clips, sound bites and quotes from this debate will be pure gold for Ron Paul.

We can't focus on what he should have, could have said and whether he used his time as we would like, the only real thing is to focus on what he said.

And, he has some really good moments.

The Mitt Romney spittle fest over 9/11 while Paul was talking about Iraq for instance was just groovy.

The Fox interview was just icing on the cake.

jj111
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Let's all be tolerant of Ron Paul. His debate performance this AM may not have been 100% PERFECT every second, but still, how many people here could do a better job than he has? I think the anwer is: ZERO. I sure as heck know I couldn't. But compare him to any other candidate, and his like the world's most precious diamond.....

angrydragon
08-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Maybe Romney was trying to pull a Rudy (at the Fox debate).

CJLauderdale4
08-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Maybe Romney was trying to pull a Rudy (at the Fox debate).

Definitely. I think the new "in" thing is to stand up to Ron Paul to show that it is "us" vs. "him". The typical attempt is to use specific issue differences to win over voters. But Ron is doing so well with his message, that I honestly think the other campaigns are working to simply keep Ron out of the top tier by showing distance between him, using zingers to show he's "crazy and dangerous" when it comes to national security.

I wish Ron would've suggested Rudy's summer reading list to Mitt Romney this time.

Razmear
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I wish Ron would've suggested Rudy's summer reading list to Mitt Romney this time.

I think one of my favorite moments was when Rudy let it be known he hadn't read about the Flat Tax either. I forgot who nailed him on that one, but it was sweet.

eb

Joe Knows
08-05-2007, 06:28 PM
I think one of my favorite moments was when Rudy let it be known he hadn't read about the Flat Tax either. I forgot who nailed him on that one, but it was sweet.

eb

It was Tancredo. I guess he was trying to copy Ron and give Rudy another reading lesson.

Man from La Mancha
08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
She did a great job, I want lots of attacking questions. Get everything out in the air over and over again. It just defeats the opposition because Dr. Paul will blow them away.

EvoPro
08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I think that was the best interview I've seen so far.

rp4prez
08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I think that was the best interview I've seen so far.

Agreed it freak'n rocked!

Hurricane Bruiser
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
The one thing everyone has to understand about Fox News is that not every person has the same view and some are liberals, some neocons, and some are something in between or have a pretty balanced show. Also, different segments seem to be allowed quite a big of latitude of what they cover and who they have on. I would venture to guess that the lady (forgot her name) doing the interview either supports Ron Paul, or supports a lot of his ideas. She made sure he cleared the air on some issues and then gave him questions on other issues which the base of the Republican party get energized about. You won't find other candidates discussing the commerce clause of the Constitution when answering a question about portability of firearms and the 2nd Amendment.

This was a great interview.

As to the debate earlier, I am not supporting Ron Paul because he is the most articulate person, best looking, or most forceful in debates. I support Ron Paul because he is a man of real principle and good solid constitutional ideas.

CJLauderdale4
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Agreed it freak'n rocked!

Second that!

freelance
08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey, nobody's mentioned how he slid in the North American Union and the "new currency" into the interview. That was TERRIFIC!

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
As to the debate earlier, I am not supporting Ron Paul because he is the most articulate person, best looking, or most forceful in debates. I support Ron Paul because he is a man of real principle and good solid constitutional ideas.

Very well said, my thoughts as well.

ghemminger
08-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey now the MSM is starting to cver him...a few AP stories, Faux....what does mean tangiably to our campiagn.....on our Dally Rally only about 5% of people seem to know him...will this change...are we going to see more meetupas and new members

Should we start getting more oranized now....Most of what Meetups are doing is towards brand reqonition...If the MSM help in this shouldn't we be more focused on localized fundraising?:confused:

quickmike
08-05-2007, 07:04 PM
1 minute on FoxNews is 10 times the exposure as 10 minutes with Tucker. As much as we hate FoxNews, they have the most viewers of any of the news channels.

eb

Exactly,

Not to mention that he got more done on Fox than he could have hoped for in the debates. I bet far more people watched the interview on fox than watched the debate. Dumb time for a presidential debate anyway. I was still sleeping and im sure many more were at church.