PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Hollywood writers' strike!!!

TulsaRevolution
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
From the bottom of our hearts here at the Ron Paul Forums, we would like to wish our utmost gratitude for your recent efforts. In those efforts, you have caused millions of people to turn off the televisions that the elite establishment count on to program the minds of the masses. In those efforts, you have caused millions of people to switch to alternative sources of media that are not so heavily controlled by the military-industrial complex.

Headline: Viewers turned off by Hollywood writers strike 'may never switch TV on again'

Link: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article3279454.ece

Highlights:

The Nielsen ratings organisation found that US viewership for last week's opening of the 2008 TV season was down 21 per cent compared with the same week last year

Writers as well as studios are worried that lost viewers may never return to TV, instead finding new ways to entertainment themselves, such as YouTube, Facebook or video games. The most recent figures show that YouTube has had an 18 per cent surge in traffic, while visitor numbers to other websites, such as Crackle, have seen doubled, albeit from small bases.

My comments:

People getting everything they know about the world from the television was the worst thing to ever happen to America. It allowed a few elite entities to basically controll every single thing you are told and think about the events of the world around you. Turning people off of the TV and on to unbiased, uncensored, free speech zones of information is one of the most important events that needs to happen if we are ever to wake up from the spell that has been cast on this nation. Thank you, Hollywood writers. You don't know how much this really means to us. :)

nateerb
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
lol

RSLudlum
01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
priceless!!! :D

Dorfsmith
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM
This article made my night. I killed my TV years ago. I have not missed it once :D