PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody clarify? What can I do to help RP AFTER California primary?

sb10
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
From what I understand, it's winner take all here in California. So what can I do to help RP AFTER the primary?

BTW, I posted this under the California thread but am not getting any useful responses.

Trigonx
01-30-2008, 10:57 PM
CA gives 3 delegates per Congressional District.

derdy
01-30-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure how your delegate process works, but in MO you can be voted in as a delegate.

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Keep campaigning...People might change their minds. Its the message that is so important.

Eagle1
01-30-2008, 11:07 PM
No such thing as winning it all. There are 3 delegates per each of the 53 congressional districts or 159 delegates

It probably won't happen but the Paul campaign should have concentrated in the northern part of the state where there is strong anti-war support.

If Ron were to win say 20 congressional districts he'd come away with 60 delegates.

Mark my words, when the votes come in the damn media will automatically say either dumb-ass "100 year war John" or Romney WON california.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 11:09 PM
"California is not winner take all. Each Congressional district elects there own delegates. Then who ever wins the overall state vote gets 11 additional delegates."

I think its only winner take all for the Dems.

sb10
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. What does it take to win the overall state? A plurality?

me3
01-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Contact friends and relatives out of state. Stay interested and informed.

There are lots of grassroots efforts you can contribute time, inspiration, support and money to.

faisal
01-30-2008, 11:48 PM
do letter writing from: rp-supporters.com

The Only Woj
01-31-2008, 12:02 AM
keep canvassing and spreading the message ... because Ron will need it come November ;)

Scott Wilson
01-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Promote Ron Paul's upcoming book which will be released on April 30th.

This book is going to make waves if the grassroots can get it to number one by promoting it.

www.ronpaulbookbomb.com

I am going to stick signs up promoting this book after the Tuesday primary here. The Ron Paul presence in my precinct is not going to go anywhere.

josh24601
01-31-2008, 12:07 AM
It probably won't happen but the Paul campaign should have concentrated in the northern part of the state where there is strong anti-war support.

The California campaign coordinator told me a while ago she was personally going there to do exactly that, actually. I have no idea how it's gone, I imagine we will find out soon!

The thing everybody has to remember is that Dr. Paul's plan from the outset has been to garner as many delegates in this manner (from states that award delegates piecemeal by focusing on specific areas of those states) and go to the GOP convention with a sizable amount of delegates.

Even after Super Duper Tuesday, there are still many delegates to be won.

Even lots of the primary elections that have already "happened" still have undeclared delegates that were elected by people who are "pledged" to candidates, but in many cases their pledged candidates have dropped out altogether, and their votes are even still up in the air until those caucused delegates go to their state conventions, which are yet to happen, and actually vote.

Few people understand this as Dr. Paul does (including most of his supporters). It's all about taking a good group of delegates to the convention that HAVE to be reckoned with.

And as far as that goes, he ain't doin half bad at all. We'll find out a lot more pretty soon.

qwerty
01-31-2008, 12:29 AM
keep Donating!!!!!!and Encourage Others Too!!!!!

RevolutionSD
01-31-2008, 12:46 AM
From what I understand, it's winner take all here in California. So what can I do to help RP AFTER the primary?

BTW, I posted this under the California thread but am not getting any useful responses.

Drive to Texas. Canvass. Donate.

RevolutionSD
01-31-2008, 12:47 AM
The California campaign coordinator told me a while ago she was personally going there to do exactly that, actually. I have no idea how it's gone, I imagine we will find out soon!

The thing everybody has to remember is that Dr. Paul's plan from the outset has been to garner as many delegates in this manner (from states that award delegates piecemeal by focusing on specific areas of those states) and go to the GOP convention with a sizable amount of delegates.

Even after Super Duper Tuesday, there are still many delegates to be won.

Even lots of the primary elections that have already "happened" still have undeclared delegates that were elected by people who are "pledged" to candidates, but in many cases their pledged candidates have dropped out altogether, and their votes are even still up in the air until those caucused delegates go to their state conventions, which are yet to happen, and actually vote.

Few people understand this as Dr. Paul does (including most of his supporters). It's all about taking a good group of delegates to the convention that HAVE to be reckoned with.

And as far as that goes, he ain't doin half bad at all. We'll find out a lot more pretty soon.

There is PLENTY of anti-war support here in the southern part of CA too. Over 1,000 people in our meetup and we've done a LOT to promote him here with great response.

Libertytree
01-31-2008, 12:53 AM
I posted this elsewhere but it fits here too.

What I really think needs to be done are several things.

1. Keep campaigning! In any way you can and as in as many ways you can. Make yourself a fixture at regular locations with RP signs and signs that are homemade with changing slogans. It shows you believe in the cause and people respect that.

2. Meetup group projects to raise $$$.

3. Have a meetup party, the grassroots, especially on a local level, should strive to make this a personal endeavor as well. All the groups would hopefully one day overlap and we would slowly develope into a formidable connected network...ala...the resistance etc...

4.Campaign like we already have the nomination and we're goin' for the big kahuna.