PDA

View Full Version : The Real Strategy Behind Ron Paul

LibertyOrDeath1776
01-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Don't lose hope. Ron Paul knows what he is doing. I know it frustrates us all when we see him not fighting back but you have to understand, there will be a time and a place and until then, Ron Paul is creating the image of a real presidential candidate. At this point in time there is no need to for him to fight in the mud with the others.

No negative campaign will work against Ron Paul. Right now he is making himself impervious to attacks. Ron Paul has risen above all the petty squabbling the other candidates get involved in and tonight he even managed to point it out to the American people.

His strategy of campaigning in states that others will not compete in combined with his grassroots support on the ground is going to give us staying power in the short term. In the long term, we will have a man who won't need to say anything to the American people in regards to his character since when one looks back at every single debate, you will have always seen an honest, sincere, truthful, and respectful man standing before the American people.

Americans can be dumb, but I have enough faith in people that when push comes to shove they can tell the difference between a phony and the real thing.

When Ron Paul and only one other candidate are left standing, Ron Paul will be able to stand alone speaking with integrity and character. He will not have to spend any time defending himself on his past actions and will be free to get his message across. The same cannot be said for Romney or McCain who in the future will be scrutinized to no end for their actions as governor and senator and also for their squabbling and unprofessional behavior.

This is all a calculated strategy. When people here of Ron Paul from us, and they go and research him, they find a man who is almost untouchable. That is why a Ron Paul supporter STAYS a Ron Paul supporter.

This is our strength and Ron Paul is playing to it. Slowly we push along with our message gaining passionate Americans who have had enough. Do you think that any other candidate can say that about his people?

Rudy Guiliani is a prime example of the average grassroots person on another campaign. Do any of you really think that they can compete with Ron Paul's message and Ron Paul's passionate supporters?

Even the media cannot stop us. As much as they have tried, they have failed. The message is still getting out and still growing. We are still taking in many new faces every day and many new campaign donations. People BELIEVE in this movement and there is no substitute for that. Not money, not media coverage, NOTHING.

What we all are apart of is greater than any one of us, greater than Ron Paul. The message itself is never going to die. A spark has been burned into the collective soul of America and nothing is going to be able to extinguish it.

So tomorrow when we all wake up, go get this message out to everyone with the same passion Ron Paul has for the Constitution!

Trigonx
01-30-2008, 10:44 PM
amen. bump!

TER
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/features/four-candidates/four-candidates.jpg

davidt!
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Remember Ghandi did not fight back.

RonPaulSaveUS
01-30-2008, 10:47 PM
well said

the_bee
Don't lose hope. Ron Paul knows what he is doing. I know it frustrates us all when we see him not fighting back but you have to understand, there will be a time and a place and until then, Ron Paul is creating the image of a real presidential candidate. At this point in time there is no need to for him to fight in the mud with the others.

No negative campaign will work against Ron Paul. Right now he is making himself impervious to attacks. Ron Paul has risen above all the petty squabbling the other candidates get involved in and tonight he even managed to point it out to the American people.

His strategy of campaigning in states that others will not compete in combined with his grassroots support on the ground is going to give us staying power in the short term. In the long term, we will have a man who won't need to say anything to the American people in regards to his character since when one looks back at every single debate, you will have always seen an honest, sincere, truthful, and respectful man standing before the American people.

Americans can be dumb, but I have enough faith in people that when push comes to shove they can tell the difference between a phony and the real thing.

When Ron Paul and only one other candidate are left standing, Ron Paul will be able to stand alone speaking with integrity and character. He will not have to spend any time defending himself on his past actions and will be free to get his message across. The same cannot be said for Romney or McCain who in the future will be scrutinized to no end for their actions as governor and senator and also for their squabbling and unprofessional behavior.

This is all a calculated strategy. When people here of Ron Paul from us, and they go and research him, they find a man who is almost untouchable. That is why a Ron Paul supporter STAYS a Ron Paul supporter.

This is our strength and Ron Paul is playing to it. Slowly we push along with our message gaining passionate Americans who have had enough. Do you think that any other candidate can say that about his people?

Rudy Guiliani is a prime example of the average grassroots person on another campaign. Do any of you really think that they can compete with Ron Paul's message and Ron Paul's passionate supporters?

Even the media cannot stop us. As much as they have tried, they have failed. The message is still getting out and still growing. We are still taking in many new faces every day and many new campaign donations. People BELIEVE in this movement and there is no substitute for that. Not money, not media coverage, NOTHING.

What we all are apart of is greater than any one of us, greater than Ron Paul. The message itself is never going to die. A spark has been burned into the collective soul of America and nothing is going to be able to extinguish it.

So tomorrow when we all wake up, go get this message out to everyone with the same passion Ron Paul has for the Constitution!

There is no time for negativity only the will and passion to push forward to victory!!!:D

wgadget
One of the emails sent in to cnn.com online was that Ron Paul seemed like the only one that is sincere about what he's saying. There were many, many favorable RP emails...It was very uplifting.

tekmo
01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
in it forever.

Energy
01-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Well said. Keep on keeping on as many dynamite things and events can happen that'll massively tip things in our favor.

We have a lot of creativity and DRIVE and the winds of FREEDOM to push us beyond what's seemingly possible. Keep spreading the word and fight for EVERY inch, we're in this together:

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7923/img288vs8.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs)

Cinderella
01-30-2008, 11:07 PM

great post!!!!! very refreshing!!;);)

Pauls' Revere
01-30-2008, 11:09 PM
The Battle Rages On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kigol
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
amazing work

specsaregood
01-30-2008, 11:25 PM
This was a post on another forum by a Romney supporter. I think it makes the case for Ron Paul doing well in the debate:

He STILL sat there and lied about Romney's timetable statement . . . he twisted with the facts in front of his face. Romney's statement was read to him v e r b a t i m and he STILL twisted it. McCain is a stupid lying idiot.

I am sick of hearing of his military service (although I respect him only in the fact that he did serve whether he was talented or not - he served) BUT the military DOES NOT make a president.

He is so arrogant I could have thrown his short-armed body across the room. How ANYONE can support him I don't know. I can only say they are IDIOTS!!

I early voted today for Romney but BOY do I really like Ron Paul and his thoughts and he is one smart man. He could straighted this country out in a heartbeat (although I do think we need to have foreign policy but not support every other country on this planet!!!!)

fuzzybekool
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I have a dream, that Mitt Romney will open his checkbook and see the end is near. No personal fortune will secure his nomination and this will be self evident on Feb. 5th, 2008. Mitt Romney will look across the landscape of states and come to realize that the establishment is securely behind John McCain and this will be his epiphany to drop out.

I have a dream that Mike Huckabee will lose the southern states he has staked his candidacy on. Feb 5th, 2008 will be a day for deep reflective thoughts as Mike Huckabee looks at his standings in the races that day and then ponders his finances and soon comes to realize that no number of tele-evangelists will be able to save him financially. Mike Huckabee will drop out.

I have a dream that the Republican party will see 2 men standing. Dr. Ron Paul and John McCain. They will look closely at the remaining 2 candidates and ponder the possibilities. The far right wing conservatives will not be happy with John McCain and Ron Paul will garner their confidence. The centrist Republicans will split their allegeiance. The moderate liberal Republicans will go to McCain.

How then does Ron Paul beat McCain ? The ace in the hole is us. We are the king maker. We are a mixture of left, right, middle and in-between. We, the 10% will stand on principle and never waver on our support for Dr. Paul, and we will bring our R3volution to the mainstream. Do not give up. We are almost there. Besides ourselves, we will pick up some Guiliani, Romney, Huckabee, Thompson, and Hunter votes.

So, in essence, this is my dream. Us + True Conservatives + Anti-McCain votes will give us the nomination once it is a 2 man race.

JimInNY
01-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Well said. Keep on keeping on as many dynamite things and events can happen that'll massively tip things in our favor.

We have a lot of creativity and DRIVE and the winds of FREEDOM to push us beyond what's seemingly possible. Keep spreading the word and fight for EVERY inch, we're in this together:

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7923/img288vs8.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs)

That video should be in a sticky post at the top of every forum, and it should be required viewing every day before a user can make a post that day. lol

Nyte
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
This thread delivers! In a good way.

After watching the "debate" and feeling very discouraged, I took a long, hot shower and went for a drive to relax and reflect.

You all have articulated exactly the thoughts I walked away with after I was able to cut through the knee-jerk response I had tonight.

Paul is a brilliant strategist.

Fields
Great post.

beachmaster
I have a dream, that Mitt Romney will open his checkbook and see the end is near. No personal fortune will secure his nomination and this will be self evident on Feb. 5th, 2008. Mitt Romney will look across the landscape of states and come to realize that the establishment is securely behind John McCain and this will be his epiphany to drop out.

I have a dream that Mike Huckabee will lose the southern states he has staked his candidacy on. Feb 5th, 2008 will be a day for deep reflective thoughts as Mike Huckabee looks at his standings in the races that day and then ponders his finances and soon comes to realize that no number of tele-evangelists will be able to save him financially. Mike Huckabee will drop out.

I have a dream that the Republican party will see 2 men standing. Dr. Ron Paul and John McCain. They will look closely at the remaining 2 candidates and ponder the possibilities. The far right wing conservatives will not be happy with John McCain and Ron Paul will garner their confidence. The centrist Republicans will split their allegeiance. The moderate liberal Republicans will go to McCain.

How then does Ron Paul beat McCain ? The ace in the hole is us. We are the king maker. We are a mixture of left, right, middle and in-between. We, the 10% will stand on principle and never waver on our support for Dr. Paul, and we will bring our R3volution to the mainstream. Do not give up. We are almost there. Besides ourselves, we will pick up some Guiliani, Romney, Huckabee, Thompson, and Hunter votes.

So, in essence, this is my dream. Us + True Conservatives + Anti-McCain votes will give us the nomination once it is a 2 man race.

You know, I think you are on to something there! For the past several weeks I've been hoping everyone would stay in the race to keep it mixed up with fighting and bickering against each other, leading to a brokered convention. But damn when you think about it, there are a LOT of states left after Super Tuesday and if there are just 2 standing, well I would think Ron Paul would have to get a lot more press. And conservatives hate McCain. This could really get interesting. Time will tell. I'm on board to the bitter end. I had a Ron Paul for President bumper sticker on my car in '88 for crying out loud. I ain't goin nowhere!! lol

zach
01-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I like reading these kinds of posts before going to bed..

They always leave a pleasant thought on my mind before sleeping.

AgentOrange
01-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the positive post! Yes, I have been feeling pretty discouraged by the early primary results, but am uplifted after seeing tonights interview. It's sickening how the media plays favorites, but it is SOOO obvious that I think there will be a backlash from it. I am happy that Ron Paul stayed true to his principals and didn't act as rude as some of the other candidates and as the moderator did.

Time will tell. I'm on board to the bitter end. I had a Ron Paul for President bumper sticker on my car in '88 for crying out loud.

That is sooo incredibly cool. 1988 was the first election I voted in. I voted 3rd party, but unfortunately it wasn't for Ron Paul, I didn't know anything about Libertarians at that time.

Nyte
01-30-2008, 11:51 PM
That video should be in a sticky post at the top of every forum, and it should be required viewing every day before a user can make a post that day. lol

My new sig. :cool:

Xchange
01-30-2008, 11:51 PM

Thank You...took the words right outta my mouth

Coola
01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
damn straight, this is the kind of topics i wish we could se more often.

this topic is full of win

cheese
01-30-2008, 11:57 PM
im re-inspired! thank you!

jacmicwag
01-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Well it's true and you'll see it once you start canvassing. Paul people are out there waiting to be contacted by us. They like his message, admire the man and want yard signs when offered a chance to voice their opinion. We started late at the precinct level (at least I did) but it's game on now.

cheese
01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
bump for truth

the_bee
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
bump

Nyte
01-31-2008, 08:39 AM
//

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-31-2008, 09:01 AM

That's the truth right there. Rudy got hundreds of millions of free media coverage. Did he gain any real support? Not really. What about McCain and Huck? What do they have? Nothing but millions in free media coverage. It looks like Huck's next to go and the media is calling this a 2 man race now. Romney can only stay in for as long as he can justify throwing his own money at this.

This is far from over. What we've already done is nothing short of amazing, but there's still much work to do. At the same time, I think their blackout strategy is working better than their previous smear strategy. We still have a lot of face to face work to do.

tommyzDad
01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Damn allergies acting up again.....

BUMP

traitorist
01-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Ron Pauls' strategy lately seems to be just repeat the same things over and over with the same results....low polling and little public support, while the war-mongers and liars continue to win primaries.

jab
01-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Have you said anything positive today??

Keep trolling.

Ron Pauls' strategy lately seems to be just repeat the same things over and over with the same results....low polling and little public support, while the war-mongers and liars continue to win primaries.

hasan
01-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Ron Paul's strategy is the people. He mentioned in the debates that the President does not run the economy but the people. In a similar way it is upto the people to change their own situation

BeallCanbe
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Thank you for the positive message.

FreeTraveler
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Have you said anything positive today??

Keep trolling.

I found through independent research that my blood pressure dropped 20 points after I discovered the RPF Ignore User feature.

...just sayin... ;)