PDA

View Full Version : As President I.......

LizC
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Why do I never hear Ron Paul say that? Is it just me or am I missing it when he does? During most debates, the candidate normally will answer some questions stating....as president I would/will ........I honestly don't think I have heard Ron Paul say that during any of the debates I have watched. I am just curious to see if anyone may have any ideas as to why.....

hornet
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
good question, i've wondered about it myself more than once and i keep coming up with the same answer. if you notice, each candidate who uses that phrase will follow it with something like... 'i'll give you all free healthcare'... or...' i'll keep us in iraq for 100 years'... or.....' i'll give you bigger tax rebates'.....or ' i'll solve global warming'.....dr. paul has said more than once at these so called debates that he is not running for president to have power over the people or to run our lives. he has said he is running for president to protect and enforce the constitution which grants us our freedoms, something totally foreign to politicians in general. its the essence of what they don't get.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
he doesn't get to talk. I am sure if he could talk he would take an extra 3 seconds to throw that in. But that is just rhetoric and frankly I am sick of that and so is a lot of other people.

steve005
01-30-2008, 10:57 PM
he is a straight talker