PDA

View Full Version : Jack Kemp Thread

drpiotrowski
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
My friends, I think we need some straight talk. Let's talk about the awesomeness of people like Jack Kemp, Phil Graham, and Pete Peterson. That's a leadership strategy that works.

Clozer
01-30-2008, 10:42 PM
you forgot to mention that he saved the american taxpayers over 6 billion dollars on a tanker deal!

WedgeTalon
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
My friends, they support me - Jack Kemp, and Phil Graham, and Joe Nobodycares - because I was a POW. And a military leader. And that's what this country needs, is leading. And someone has to do it. Jack Kemp and Joe Blow and Jack Kemp, they know this and that's why they, my friends, support me as their leader for leading. My friends. Jack Kemp.

Molly1
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Anyone who supports Mccain must be a neocon.

nate895
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
My friends, they support me - Jack Kemp, and Phil Graham, and Joe Nobodycares - because I was a POW. And a military leader. And that's what this country needs, is leading. And someone has to do it. Jack Kemp and Joe Blow and Jack Kemp, they know this and that's why they, my friends, support me as their leader for leading. My friends. Jack Kemp.

That's what he sounds like.

drpiotrowski
01-30-2008, 11:05 PM

Hahahahahha I can't stop laughing at this.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 11:08 PM

lmao

Molly1
01-30-2008, 11:10 PM
oh and don't forget

islamicfascistextremism islamicfascistextremism islamicfascistextremism

He thinks big words like that make him look smart.

jsu718
01-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Well, Phil Gramm is actually a good guy. He is a true fiscal conservative (and spy for Reagan back when he was a Democrat in the House) and sticks to his guns. He actually beat Ron Paul in a Senate run way back when as a Republican in TX. He has always been VERY popular here.

On the down side, he was involved (allegedly) in some S&L scandal items back in the early 80s, he is very much a political favors kind of guy (which is pretty much everyone but Ron Paul), and his wife had some dealings with Enron before their scandals, including I think being on their board of directors.

Molly1
01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Well, Phil Gramm is actually a good guy. He is a true fiscal conservative (and spy for Reagan back when he was a Democrat in the House) and sticks to his guns. He actually beat Ron Paul in a Senate run way back when as a Republican in TX. He has always been VERY popular here.

On the down side, he was involved (allegedly) in some S&L scandal items back in the early 80s, he is very much a political favors kind of guy (which is pretty much everyone but Ron Paul), and his wife had some dealings with Enron before their scandals, including I think being on their board of directors.

LOL He's a good guy except for a little $ & L scandal and a touch of Enron?

well, nobody's perfect. rofl

jsu718
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
LOL He's a good guy except for a little $ & L scandal and a touch of Enron?

well, nobody's perfect. rofl

You can't expect everyone to be Ron Paul. Not anyone with much success in politics anyway. On the overall good-evil scale, Phil Gramm is very near the side of good. Jack Kemp on the other hand... WAY too much material for the conspiracy people to run with.

Molly1
01-30-2008, 11:23 PM
You can't expect everyone to be Ron Paul. Not anyone with much success in politics anyway. On the overall good-evil scale, Phil Gramm is very near the side of good. Jack Kemp on the other hand... WAY too much material for the conspiracy people to run with.

Actually, I don't think I've ever met a man as good as Ron Paul.

He's someone I would actually trust with the office of President. :)

Goldwater Conservative
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
I had Thanksgiving dinner with the troops. They told me to tell you that they want us to let them win and the turkey is dry and it's that kind of isolationism that allowed Jack Kemp to fight against spending like a drunken sailor.

No1ButPaul08
01-30-2008, 11:39 PM
John McNameDropper had one of his better McNameDropping performances tonight. I'd say 10-15 names were McNameDropped

drpiotrowski
01-30-2008, 11:43 PM
John McNameDropper had one of his better McNameDropping performances tonight. I'd say 10-15 names were McNameDropped

With all due respect, my friend, it's this type of focus on timetables for namedropping that cause the sub-prime hou...the, uh, housing problems.

asterisk
01-31-2008, 12:00 AM
... as for the president’s working group on financial markets, jack kemp and all those guys know what to do about that. it's not like you can just get a bunch of managers to do this leader stuff.

The Good Doctor
01-31-2008, 12:02 AM
"I was a leader. I mean a footsoldier in the Reagan Revolution." :D

My friends, I think we need some straight talk. Let's talk about the awesomeness of people like Jack Kemp, Phil Graham, and Pete Peterson. That's a leadership strategy that works.

The Good Doctor
01-31-2008, 12:02 AM
"My friends, the bridge to nowhere!" :D

you forgot to mention that he saved the american taxpayers over 6 billion dollars on a tanker deal!

jacmicwag
01-31-2008, 12:07 AM
My friends, I guess we know now that Ron Paul is the only one up here who knows his a*s from a hole in the ground.