PDA

View Full Version : As President I.......

LizC
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Why do I never hear Ron Paul say that? Is it just me or am I missing it when he does? During most debates, the candidate normally will answer some questions stating....as president I would/will ........I honestly don't think I have heard Ron Paul say that during any of the debates I have watched. I am just curious to see if anyone may have any ideas as to why.....

Thanehand
01-30-2008, 11:01 PM
I think because he's not so full of himself and arrogant (like the other candidates) to assume that he would be the president without the people's voice saying so.

He HAS said "if I am to become president, I would ...", which is a much more humble, and appropriate way of putting it if you ask me.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I think because he's not so full of himself and arrogant (like the other candidates) to assume that he would be the president without the people's voice saying so.

He HAS said "if I am to become president, I would ...", which is a much more humble, and appropriate way of putting it if you ask me.

I agree with this

musicmax
01-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Why do I never hear Ron Paul say that?

Because he doesn't have a professional campaign staff including debate coaches.

RP's great debate failing is prefacing his statements with "we". It's either "We've <something bad>" which sounds like scolding, or it's "We've got to <something good>" which sounds badgering.

Sey.Naci
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Did you watch Part I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bse1Xax07ec) of his YouTube campaign history? I loved the part when he said "someone who truly believes what we do, we don't want the stupid job!" Cute.

It's around 8:10 into the video.

mahopaul
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
"someone who truly believes what we do, we don't want the stupid job!"

amazing, amazing