PDA

View Full Version : Losing the will to fight.

Son of Freedom
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
When Ron Paul won't fight and he had every reason and right to do that tonight, I become reluctant to do so myself. I'll vote for him but I really can't take much more of this orwellian nightmare, it's taken quite a toll on me in many ways.

Ron, you are the leader and you let me down tonight. The last debate before Super Tuesday and you let them walk all over you. You're a good man but too nice to attain the presidency. The perfect opportunity to call them out for what they are, both the candidates and the media, presented itself clearly tonight. You could have lambasted them and been justified in doing so.

I'm not walking away from this revolution and I will continue to finance the right candidates but this campaign has been botched, and it happened at the top. I look at McCain and think how I reacted when he answered Ron's question in the last debate. I thought to myself, you don't surround yourself with friends, you surround yourself with the top experts in the field who will carry out your policies. That argument I just made doesn't work so well with McCain since he knows very little about economics, but I think you see where I'm going with this. The people who run this campaign have botched up many many times, and that was just on events that were noticed. How many opportunities passed by just because they weren't pursued?

To have any effect in the Republican race would take a miracle at this point. I don't believe in miracles.

I fully support a 3rd party run. I support it now, keep the millions not spent yet and let US get you on the ballots or run on one of the established 3rd party tickets. I really don't know how all that works, but this current course is one that won't achieve anymore than has done to date. If the treatment isn't working, change your course of action. The people need more time to wake up, and I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't really in a coma, it's pathetic.

I'm in it for the long run, that's why I'm going to have to pace myself accordingly. It's not so much I'm giving up on Ron Paul but rather I have very little faith in the American people, this has truly been enlightening.

nate895
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't think he had the chance, every time he wanted to speak Cooper would just shut him up.

wgadget
Well, I only saw the last half hour, and I thought he did great driving home the idea that HE UNDERSTANDS ECONOMICS, unlike the other bozos.

Then I got to see the spin room coverage, which was totally AWESOME.

PimpBlimp
Ron kept his cool. I can respect that.

Dorfsmith
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I saw Ron fight a couple times tonight :cool:

ArrestPoliticians
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
When Ron Paul won't fight and he had every reason and right to do that tonight, I become reluctant to do so myself.

He did fine, PERIOD.

DDMX
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I think he did great in the situation he was in,

brumans
Ron did great tonight. He pinpointed the two main issues: the War and the Economy.

LizC
I think he did great in the situation he was in,

I agree

Paulitical Correctness
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Sometimes I feel like Ron's losing the will too.

Let's give him some hope through massive donations.

:)

gracebkr
shit, Ron Paul stood up. Other than acting like a baby like someone else did on there, there was nothing he could do. He made them all look stupid. I love Ron Paul!

gracebkr

no way he's not. I think it is so tiring though dealing with this.

CopperheadNC
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Ron Paul is a statesman in the fashion of our founding fathers. There was a time that being a statesman required one to also be a gentleman, and Dr. Paul lives up to that ideal completely.

I, for one, am glad that he did not follow the advice of many on this board and play into the media game of shouting over other candidates.

satchelmcqueen
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
dont give up man. use that feelign to go further.

hopeforamerica
01-30-2008, 10:30 PM
You know, this shit pisses me off! Ron Paul has been fighting for OUR freedom for over 20 years! He's been attacked, and called names for many of these years. He didn't complain, just kept on doing his thing. All of this way before many of us even knew who he was. Those of you that want to quit after one stupid debate make me sick! I'll keep busting my ass for freedom as long as it takes, no matter where this road takes us. The rest of you pansies can put your tail between your legs and go home!

How's that for a rant?

DrCap
If he tried to fight too much they would have just excluded him from the rest of the debate, they didn't have to ask him any questions. The fact that they brought out the mc100 years question was actually quite impressive for the msm. I still think they are incredibly unfair - though most journalists know nothing about economics as is obvious on a day to day basis. I figured this out in high school.

piotr1
I don't think he had the chance, every time he wanted to speak Cooper would just shut him up.

Cooper is CIA

nightlight
01-30-2008, 10:31 PM
When Ron Paul won't fight and he had every reason and right to do that tonight, I become reluctant to do so myself.

He fought quite masterfully. Check some discussion & video link here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=106739).

RPDelegate
I think a lot of you are missing one important factor. He who controls the airwaves, controls the people. McCain and Romney have dominated the airwaves since day one. Now it's down to four and they're given more air time than ever. MSM is totally behind it of course. Doesn't matter if RP looked better than the others during the few minutes he had. The general public once again, saw McCain and Romney most of the time during the debates, and that is who will be imbedded in their minds. That's how it unfortunately works. Doesn't matter what any of them actually said, because that's going to go in one ear and out the other for 90% of the people in this country. People believe what they see on TV, and what they constantly see every day are these so called front runners, and that is why they are the front runners. Plain and simple.

davidt!
Dr. Paul was a little feisty when he called McCrazy and Romeny's argument "silly".

Drknows
01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Well thats ok because im sure we gained thousands of new supporters tonight.

They walked all over him the first debates but his message was loud and clear. Every debate we win.

Remember this isnt about pleasing us die hard ron paul supporters this is about reaching potential new voters. We seen and heard everything he has to offer.

newyearsrevolution08
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
the great thing that happened tonight was the realization to the hucksters that their man is getting no freebies anymore and next to no airtime.

It will then be

mittens fightin mccain while ron paul tells the nation what can actually work.

skeryl
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM

I dont think Ron knows how to give up. He has been fighting this for a long long time and most of us just started a year ago. Its a hard fight and if Ron Paul can stand up to his principles and take on all this bullcrap... I'm honored to stand up by his side. You should be to :)

Molly1
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Don't give up. We haven't begun to fight! :D

Look at this: people are waking up.

$139,215 donated so far today!

692 first time donors today!

Can you feel the comin' change?
Though Hell is here today,

Hope is on its way!

http://www.hopeanthem.com/

revolutionary8
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
oh boy you guys, I hate to say this,
but please spare us ALL the sob story!
WE KNEW THIS WOULD BE HARD!
Geeze. get over it!
we are making more money today than we have made in quite some time.
others COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU.
We have had over SIX HUNDRED NEW DONORS TODAY!!!!!!

Stop being a pwn and be the one who calls check mate.

ronpaul.in
01-30-2008, 10:36 PM
so you are angry that he is a gentleman and presents himself as an adult?

nice, the MTV generation at work

CzargwaR
01-30-2008, 10:37 PM
This is a sincere and a good post, don't rate it 1 star just for the negativity. I gave it 4 stars

Edit: I'm not feeling the same as the OP, but I'm just saying...

GO RON PAUL !!!

revolutionary8
01-30-2008, 10:37 PM
the great thing that happened tonight was the realization to the hucksters that their man is getting no freebies anymore and next to no airtime.

It will then be

mittens fightin mccain while ron paul tells the nation what can actually work.
The potato heads actually LOOKED around and figured out where they stashed the nose and ears. :D

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
CA donations today are off the hook...

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/donors_today.html

thomaseusin
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
shit, Ron Paul stood up. Other than acting like a baby like someone else did on there, there was nothing he could do. He made them all look stupid. I love Ron Paul!

Yeah, lotsa noise out there tonight.. and RP silly-fied them both.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
nt

EotS
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
One think Huckster did well, which Ron needs to pick up on, is to politely remind the moderators that he is in the debate as well, and would like his time.

Huckster may have overplayed that card a time or two, but it is effective to make sure they realize that they're being called out.

Also, the viewers empathize with the guy saying "hey, do I get a chance to talk?" because they didn't tune in to watch two people out of four speak.

Molly1
01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Try living with these idiots every day of the week for 20 years like he has done!

He is one strong man!

$3,903,572.00 :D

We'll hit 4,000,000.00 tomorrow!

mudhoney
01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
What? Ron Paul had great responses. People are losing the will to fight OVER THIS? Wow, think about all the hard work so many people and Ron Paul himself have put into this campaign. And you lose your motivation over this?

Sey.Naci
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
When Ron Paul won't fight and he had every reason and right to do that tonight, I become reluctant to do so myself. I'll vote for him but I really can't take much more of this orwellian nightmare, it's taken quite a toll on me in many ways.

Ron, you are the leader and you let me down tonight. The last debate before Super Tuesday and you let them walk all over you. You're a good man but too nice to attain the presidency. The perfect opportunity to call them out for what they are, both the candidates and the media, presented itself clearly tonight. You could have lambasted them and been justified in doing so.

I'm not walking away from this revolution and I will continue to finance the right candidates but this campaign has been botched, and it happened at the top. I look at McCain and think how I reacted when he answered Ron's question in the last debate. I thought to myself, you don't surround yourself with friends, you surround yourself with the top experts in the field who will carry out your policies. That argument I just made doesn't work so well with McCain since he knows very little about economics, but I think you see where I'm going with this. The people who run this campaign have botched up many many times, and that was just on events that were noticed. How many opportunities passed by just because they weren't pursued?

To have any effect in the Republican race would take a miracle at this point. I don't believe in miracles.

I fully support a 3rd party run. I support it now, keep the millions not spent yet and let US get you on the ballots or run on one of the established 3rd party tickets. I really don't know how all that works, but this current course is one that won't achieve anymore than has done to date. If the treatment isn't working, change your course of action. The people need more time to wake up, and I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't really in a coma, it's pathetic.

I'm in it for the long run, that's why I'm going to have to pace myself accordingly. It's not so much I'm giving up on Ron Paul but rather I have very little faith in the American people, this has truly been enlightening.You'd never have followed Ghandi then.

BreakYourChains
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
I dont think Ron knows how to give up. He has been fighting this for a long long time and most of us just started a year ago. Its a hard fight and if Ron Paul can stand up to his principles and take on all this bullcrap... I'm honored to stand up by his side. You should be to :)

Me too! Honored! I love Ron Paul, and I love his integrity and patience. We need to be patient, and not give up! We are winning, can't those of you who are down or doubting see this? Every one of the candidates are taking Ron Paul's positions, except of course the war. So, we are winning. We will defeat them eventually.

davidt!
01-30-2008, 10:44 PM

"I don't think Ron knows how to give up".... I like that!

kigol
01-30-2008, 10:44 PM
what a great guy.

pinkmandy
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Dr. Paul was a little feisty when he called McCrazy and Romeny's argument "silly".

Feisty, lol. But really, that's OUR Dr. Paul. He is what he is and we have all supported him. He did call out the others in HIS way. We got behind a good man who doesn't get himself all dirty w/the other politicians, a stateman who is above the rest. I think it's kind of off base to now expect something different and honestly, I don't want anything different. Others will wake up and get it or they won't. The revolution lives on and we just keep working our butts off to get this man elected or, at the very least, change the course of politics as usual in this country forever.

When I see posts like this I can't help but think that some people STILL don't understand what we are doing here, how big this really is, and how amazing it all is. You will one day tell your grandchildren that YOU were part of the RP revolution that restored freedom for them. This is NOT an overnight thing and we should seriously consider a no whining rule or make a forum called "Negative Nancy" and insist they all go post there together when they're feeling down.

DirtMcGirt
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM
he's a true statesman

davver
First, tonight was the best performance I've seen from Paul yet. I don't know what debate you were watching.

Second, RP has been fighting for liberty every single day for 30 years. The guys still fighting for liberty at 72. How many time have you campaigned for president.

LibertyEagle

You've got to be kidding, right? Ron has come in at least second in 2 of the last few states. Tonight, he broke out. He separated himself from the riff raff on either side of him.

It's not a time for giving up. It's a time for pouring it on!!! C'mon man. BUCK UP!! This is our chance. Right here. Right now. We will not have another chance like this. If you do not take it, you will be kicking yourself for the rest of your days.

revolutionary8
01-30-2008, 10:47 PM

Yes, people wanted him to stomp his feet, throw his pen, and chant "I want air time, I want air time, I want air time!" :rolleyes:
(that is our job :D)

NEVER underestimate RP- he is brilliant. He knows when to hold em, knows when to fold em, knows when to walk away, knows when to RUN.
YOU NEVER COUNT YOUR MONEY
WHEN YOU'RE SITTIN AT THE TABLE
THERE'LL BE TIME ENOUGH FOR COUNTIN'
WHEN THE DEALIN'S DONE.

:D

Rebel Resource
01-30-2008, 10:48 PM
This was a gold debate. Ron stole the show and the rest
dug themselves a little deeper.

Ever wonder why Ron sticks to the same talking points
debate after debate? People need it drummed into their
heads!

dirka
01-30-2008, 10:48 PM
I think a lot of you are missing one important factor. He who controls the airwaves, controls the people. McCain and Romney have dominated the airwaves since day one. Now it's down to four and they're given more air time than ever. MSM is totally behind it of course. Doesn't matter if RP looked better than the others during the few minutes he had. The general public once again, saw McCain and Romney most of the time during the debates, and that is who will be imbedded in their minds. That's how it unfortunately works. Doesn't matter what any of them actually said, because that's going to go in one ear and out the other for 90% of the people in this country. People believe what they see on TV, and what they constantly see every day are these so called front runners, and that is why they are the front runners. Plain and simple.

Your right. Look what happened to John Edwards, he has more name recoginition, more money early on, more votes...and the media compeletly ignored him even though there was only 3 people in the race.

I really hope that Paul waits a little longer until its only mccain left, and then he comes out of the woodworks and starts to go for the jugular.

revolutionary8
01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
You've got to be kidding, right? Ron has come in at least second in 2 of the last few states. Tonight, he broke out. He separated himself from the riff raff on either side of him.

It's not a time for giving up. It's a time for pouring it on!!! C'mon man. BUCK UP!! This is our chance. Right here. Right now. We will not have another chance like this. If you do not take it, you will be kicking yourself for the rest of your days.
don't bother. :D
hair club for men alert. :D

Molly1
01-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Can you imagine trying to digest your morning coffee while watching John Mccain argue for Mccain-Feingold, and at the same time calling himself a conservative?

Well tonight we learned why Mccain's a conservative: He won't vote for his own bills!

You're a better person than I am, Ron Paul!

Pauls' Revere
01-30-2008, 10:50 PM

I'm in it for the long run, that's why I'm going to have to pace myself accordingly. It's not so much I'm giving up on Ron Paul but rather I have very little faith in the American people, this has truly been enlightening.

It was my understanding as I'm sure with many here that it is because of this injustice and treatment that we are behind Dr Paul. I love the underdog and I think CNN truely reveiled thier true colors tonight and they have themselves to blame for that. It is this injustice in the system that we stand up, donate, canvass and carry on. To do otherwise is to become sheep and yield your authority to them. As for me I will not play into thier hands and settle for this crap they call equality. I always remember the famous quote. "first they came for the communist and I did nothing because I was not a communist. then they came for the trade unions and I did nothing because I did not belong to a trade union. Then they came for the jews and I did nothing because I was not a jew. Then they came for me and there was nobody left to fight".

Patriot123
01-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Don't you get it? We haven't lost! We're going t[ win. The winner is determined by delegates. Not votes. And we're going to get a handful from Florida once they decide theirs. And we're going to get even more on Super Tuesday. We're going to win.

revolutionary8
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Can you imagine trying to digest your morning coffee while watching John Mccain argue for Mccain-Feingold, and at the same time calling himself a conservative?

Well tonight we learned why Mccain's a conservative: He won't vote for his own bills!

You're a better person than I am, Ron Paul!

yeah, I can imagine. I would have taken the puke from when I would have been forced to puke in my own hand and then wouldn't have had the control to keep from throwing it in their faces.
I've got an arm on me too. :D

Pauls' Revere
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Don't you get it? We haven't lost! We're going t[ win. The winner is determined by delegates. Not votes. And we're going to get a handful from Florida once they decide theirs. And we're going to get even more on Super Tuesday. We're going to win.

Amen! this is not over! we have come to far to roll over like this! stand up and represent!

angelatc
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM

I'm older than MTV and I feel the same way as the original poster.

There's a fine line between being rude and being assertive enough not to be a doormat.

I don't want to feel this way, but I know, from talking to people, that we desperately need a win of some sort to get the wind back in our sails. People on the fringes of the campaign are losing faith.

Tonight was another lost opportunity to see some fire.

TexFootballMom
01-30-2008, 10:57 PM

Remember, Bush was horrible in the debates and he won the Presidency.

Hang in there, things will get better. Hold your head up and get busy campaigning for this wonderful man. He will make all of our lives and the world also a whole lot better.

It is a WAR that we must win. Let's ROLL

pacelli
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
He did fight! He was very quiet in the beginning, but became much more assertive, even daring to question why such ridiculous questions were being asked in a presidential debate. Romney, McCain, and CIACOOPER looked like somebody punched them in the nuts when Ron was talking on that subject.

azzuth
01-30-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm not uber religious, but i have to think that Ron is following that very Christian motto "What would Jesus do?"

I think that the most intelligent thing he can do it continue to keep his calm. He will gain no friends and will probably gain more hateful coverage by defending himself.

The more you go on the defensive the more they attack. The best defense is to keep out of the line of fire. Non-intervention anyone?

I think Paul made the right move, even though I was screaming and yelling for him to call them out, I know ultimately it would be spun into some attack calling Paul a crybaby. :(

virgil47
01-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Some of you obviously saw a different debate than I watched. Ron Paul did well for an introvert who absolutely refuses to ask the American public to vote for him. If you have the debate recorded rewatch it but this time count the number of times RP says the word "I". Count the number of times the other candidates use that very personal word. Why can't RP say "I" will do this or that if you elect "me". Do we really want a president who is to timid to stand up for him self. He wouldn't have gotten half the time he got if theHuckster hadn't gone to bat for him. WHAT IS GOING ON!!! If RP wants the presidency he had better start acting like he wants it! Ask the voters to vote for him because HE can fix the economy. The meek and mild mannered will indeed inherit the earth but not until everyone else is done with it.

NMCB3
01-30-2008, 11:07 PM
For the people who are so quick to criticize RP. Did you happen to hear what the other candidates were saying tonight? it was nothing but babble.

GoDrNo
01-30-2008, 11:07 PM
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/30/the-highlight-from-a-night-of-lowlights/

The response given in the top video here absolutely crushes McCrazy and Mittens and makes them both look like major fools. I didn't see anything on any of the MSM post debate coverage about this, but believe me this point hit home with anybody who watched this debate.

It sucks he didn't get the talk time we all want him to get, but believe me everyone knows how unfair the time allowed to each candidate was.

CorkyAgain
01-30-2008, 11:09 PM
You know, this shit pisses me off! Ron Paul has been fighting for OUR freedom for over 20 years! He's been attacked, and called names for many of these years. He didn't complain, just kept on doing his thing. All of this way before many of us even knew who he was. Those of you that want to quit after one stupid debate make me sick! I'll keep busting my ass for freedom as long as it takes, no matter where this road takes us. The rest of you pansies can put your tail between your legs and go home!

How's that for a rant?

A most excellent rant, my friend. (Are we still allowed to say 'My friend' or is that too McCainiac?)

But don't tell the waverers to go home. Tell them to buck up and realize that there's more than one way to fight for freedom.

Am I the only one who understood what happened tonight?

Dr Paul is playing for a brokered convention and his moves tonight were calculated to appeal to the conservatives in the party who are uneasy about having to choose between the crypto-Democrat McCain and the Rockefeller Republican Romney.

That's why Dr Paul's final answer was so brilliant. He was one of the few backing Reagan at the beginning of the Reagan Revolution. He is also the only one on the stage who can say that Reagan did in fact endorse him. And the anecdote about Reagan and gold was priceless: you know, at first they all called Reagan crazy too...

Real conservatives watching Anderson Cooper cut Dr Paul off will see it for the injustice that it was. And it will bother them because real conservatives, unlike the neocons and their fanboys, value and appreciate good manners.

Maybe some of the people here should watch the movie Gandhi, to get some understanding of how and why the nonviolent strategy works.

NMCB3
01-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Some of you obviously saw a different debate than I watched. Ron Paul did well for an introvert who absolutely refuses to ask the American public to vote for him. If you have the debate recorded rewatch it but this time count the number of times RP says the word "I". Count the number of times the other candidates use that very personal word. Why can't RP say "I" will do this or that if you elect "me". Do we really want a president who is to timid to stand up for him self. He wouldn't have gotten half the time he got if theHuckster hadn't gone to bat for him. WHAT IS GOING ON!!! If RP wants the presidency he had better start acting like he wants it! Ask the voters to vote for him because HE can fix the economy. The meek and mild mannered will indeed inherit the earth but not until everyone else is done with it. Its not about him, its about getting the message out.

thuja
01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm not uber religious, but i have to think that Ron is following that very Christian motto "What would Jesus do?"

I think that the most intelligent thing he can do it continue to keep his calm. He will gain no friends and will probably gain more hateful coverage by defending himself.

The more you go on the defensive the more they attack. The best defense is to keep out of the line of fire. Non-intervention anyone?

I think Paul made the right move, even though I was screaming and yelling for him to call them out, I know ultimately it would be spun into some attack calling Paul a crybaby. :(

i do not belong to any organized religion, but i pray. i agree that he should continue his intelligent campaign, not act like a schoolyad bully. we want a calm and diplomatic leader.

Lord Abaddon
01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I think Dr. Paul did an excellent job with the limited skewed rip-off time he had. He answered the questions well and from what I'm reading in large local news (like Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, etc.) he made it out there to be noticed. They are talking extensively about his slam at Romney and McCain for bickering, and his comments about the economy and Reagan REALLY caught on with conservative and fiscal oriented blogs and news.

Could it have been better? Yes but we know Dr. Paul isn't a forceful speaker but he is coming across and people are slowly listening.

Will it help him for Super Tuesday? I think so. I think he will see a boost. Will he win any one state? I don't think so even if I really hope so. However...

McCain's performance was so hideously bad that even his supporters are "what the hell happened to him?" THAT could help Dr. Paul because if Romney and McCain get a big split on delegates on Super Tuesday it could force the brokered convention that would give Dr. Paul a really good chance, and more time, to get his message out (and the continuing economic collapse of the nation is also helping).

So I will continue to support Dr. Paul, naysayers or not, until he tells us the time is over!

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I think Ron Paul did pretty well tonight, and was actually more aggressive than I expected him to be. It was great hearing him put McCain and Romney in their places, basically telling them to grow up and tell people what they want to do now that we're in this situation. As he put it, "The dollar is crashing and no one cares!" That's a paraphrase, mind you. I can't remember the actual quote.

However, for doubters, I offer you this quote: "Faithless is he that says fairwell when the road darkens." J.R.R Tolkien

TexFootballMom
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM
I wish people on this forum would quit attacking Ron Paul.

He gets enough of that from the Media and the other candidates.

I sure hope he is not reading some of these posts. I would be ashamed and my heart has cried for this man being treated in this way.

The last thing he needs right now is for his supporters to give him more grief.

You think he is meek? The meek will inherit the earth.

I thought he hit the ball outta the park with just one answer to one question.

He came through loud and clear with the voice of a leader!

NMCB3
01-30-2008, 11:17 PM
I think Dr. Paul did an excellent job with the limited skewed rip-off time he had. He answered the questions well and from what I'm reading in large local news (like Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, etc.) he made it out there to be noticed. They are talking extensively about his slam at Romney and McCain for bickering, and his comments about the economy and Reagan REALLY caught on with conservative and fiscal oriented blogs and news.

Could it have been better? Yes but we know Dr. Paul isn't a forceful speaker but he is coming across and people are slowly listening.

Will it help him for Super Tuesday? I think so. I think he will see a boost. Will he win any one state? I don't think so even if I really hope so. However...

McCain's performance was so hideously bad that even his supporters are "what the hell happened to him?" THAT could help Dr. Paul because if Romney and McCain get a big split on delegates on Super Tuesday it could force the brokered convention that would give Dr. Paul a really good chance, and more time, to get his message out (and the continuing economic collapse of the nation is also helping).

So I will continue to support Dr. Paul, naysayers or not, until he tells us the time is over!Your a rational thinker, I like you....... In a manly way of course.:D

tropicangela
01-30-2008, 11:17 PM
He is one cool cat... he is taking a lot of abuse. He needs time to exercise.

filmmaker58
01-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Everyone goes through this type of dispair after one of these debates. You wonder how these people can call themselves journalists, when it is so obviously orchestrated to curry favor. CNN's objective is to make republicans look stupid.. How did you think they did? They are certainly not going to give Ron Paul any time. now they have revealed themselves as being no better than Fox, without Jack Cafferty they are nothing.

Come back to the forum, watch a few great videos, and start to feel that there are some sane people you can talk to. don't lose hope, keep on fighting. Giving up is not an option.

spudea
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Ron's humility is what truely exposes the corrupt media. C'mon, do you really think anyone would take him more seriously if he shouted, complained, and whinned to get his fair share?

RPForPeace
01-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Ron Paul is a statesman in the fashion of our founding fathers. There was a time that being a statesman required one to also be a gentleman, and Dr. Paul lives up to that ideal completely.

I, for one, am glad that he did not follow the advice of many on this board and play into the media game of shouting over other candidates.

+1

sicsempertyrannis2008
01-30-2008, 11:23 PM
I know the debate tonight was frustrating, but I think that Ron took the best course of action for the campaign. Had he lost his cool and gone on a tirade against Cooper for the maldistribution of time, that would only hurt him immensely.

Remember, Paul first served in politics in 1977 and ever since then he has been constantly mocked, scorned and humiliated by just about ever other politician and media outlet which he came into contact with. However, Ron Paul has always stood by his principles and never let the constant and unjust criticism get to him. I have such tremendous respect for this man that I cannot even put it into words. I realize that it can be intimidating and disheartening when all the odds are stacked against you (the media fail to recognize him, when we work incredibly hard for victory in LA, the party purposely messes with the results), but please keep faith, we will prevail.

virgil47
01-30-2008, 11:23 PM
NMCB3, if it's not about "him" but just getting the message out why is he even pretending to run? Just buy some air time, hold some seminars and some infomercials. Quit dicking around with those of us that actually thought he was running for president. My god what a colossal waste of time, money and political capital. If this is really all about getting the "message" out good luck in getting ANY support the next time around if there is a next time around.

homah
01-30-2008, 11:25 PM

How's that for a rant?

I like.

american empire
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=83303

this is my reply to this op......

revolutionary8
01-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I wish people on this forum would quit attacking Ron Paul.
This is what they are paid to do, and living in today's aft NAFTA/CAFTA economy, who can blame them?
let's elect Ron Paul and we can help them. :D
They are begging us, they just don't know. :cool:

Ixzion
01-30-2008, 11:30 PM
They WANT you to lose the will to fight! Are you gonna sit there and do what THEY want? If the Revolutionaries thought the same way, America as we know it today would not exist!

It is hard, no doubt, watching this honorable man be constantly bombarded like he has been. However, we have to think of this in another way. The more they mistreat him, the more apparent their actions are, and the more regular, sane people will be disgusted at the media and/or look into Ron's positions.

It's so unfair, I wanted to jump through the screen and wreck it. But try and think of how King's followers felt when they were treated to abuse more severe than what we are going through now! And they took it all and persevered!

When I am old and gray, God-willing, and young people ask me "Hey Ixzion, where were you when the Ron Paul Revolution started", dammit, I am going to say that I was there from beginning to end! I would say I didn't give up and if there's something you believe in with all your heart and soul, that it would unconscionable to surrender. The next generation needs to hear stories about what we've done!

I've heard that every generation has a defining moment.

Ladies and gentlemen, THIS IS OUR MOMENT!

THEIR TIME IS UP, OUR TIME IS NOW!

Let's show 'em hell.

thuja
01-30-2008, 11:32 PM
They WANT you to lose the will to fight! Are you gonna sit there and do what THEY want? If the Revolutionaries thought the same way, America as we know it today would not exist!

It is hard, no doubt, watching this honorable man be constantly bombarded like he has been. However, we have to think of this in another way. The more they mistreat him, the more apparent their actions are, and the more regular, sane people will be disgusted at the media and/or look into Ron's positions.

It's so unfair, I wanted to jump through the screen and wreck it. But try and think of how King's followers felt when they were treated to abuse more severe than what we are going through now! And they took it all and persevered!

When I am old and gray, God-willing, and young people ask me "Hey Ixzion, where were you when the Ron Paul Revolution started", dammit, I am going to say that I was there from beginning to end! I would say I didn't give up and if there's something you believe in with all your heart and soul, that it would unconscionable to surrender. The next generation needs to hear stories about what we've done!

I've heard that every generation has a defining moment.

Let's show 'em hell.

absolutely right!

Jae0
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Im fighting till the very end. NO DOUBTING, NO WHINING, NO EXCUSES.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM

Let's show 'em hell.

Hey young whippersnapper. My time is FAR from up and I'll continue to give 'em hell until my last breath. :D:p

virgil47
01-30-2008, 11:34 PM
revolutionary8, what do you want to be when you grow up? Perhaps a clown or a jester. These occupations seem to fit you wise ass mentality. Hmmm, you must be one of the me first generation. You don't understand that your point of view is NOT the only one that matters. Try thinking prior to replying sometime.

Ixzion
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey young whippersnapper. My time is FAR from up and I'll continue to give 'em hell until my last breath. :D:p

I know it is and that you will, good sir! After all, what would we do without experienced leaders? :)

Thomas_Paine
01-30-2008, 11:58 PM

You have no right or cause to be, "let me down tonight" by Ron Paul

Tonight's Debate was better than we could have ever hoped for!

2 MAJOR things happened.

The Media,

On Nationwide TV, the Media pulled their pants down to maintain their bias against, Ron Paul. In doing so they revealed that they have no trouble with LYING, Manipulation and Bias. This debate dealt a heavy blow to the credibility of the Media to the Mainstream public. Everyone who is not mentally challenged saw what happened tonight. The next time a hit piece comes out against Paul they are going to pay less attention.

The Man Without Pretense vs. The Establishment Lapdogs

America just saw the Thomas Jefferson of our day in the midst of the a bunch of neo-con arrogant bullies. The contrast was stunning and revealing. A lot of us Ron Paul supporters have gotten used to Ron Paul's honesty, common sense and integrity. I honestly believe that we are BREAKING THROUGH to Mainstream
America, I think that we are reaching the tipping point where people are listening and hearing a message they have NEVER HEARD but like very much.

America is in an identity crisis, it doesn't know what the role of Government should be, Ron Paul is slowly leading them to the Constitution.

dannno
01-31-2008, 12:05 AM

+51

donate now!

donate $51 in two days!

bcreps85
01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
He's been fighting your fight for THIRTY years. He's done a phenomenal job with this campaign as well given what has been against him.

The simple fact is, nothing is or was going to change overnight. Your in it until the end or you aren't.

revolutionary8
01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
revolutionary8, what do you want to be when you grow up? Perhaps a clown or a jester. These occupations seem to fit you wise ass mentality. Hmmm, you must be one of the me first generation. You don't understand that your point of view is NOT the only one that matters. Try thinking prior to replying sometime.

Okay.
Hmmm.
What do you mean?

LukeNM
01-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Ron Paul was far more Presidential tonight than those other two idoits. OP why would you want him to stoop to their level?

Airborn
01-31-2008, 12:32 AM

How's that for a rant?

right on! you rock

iwishronpaulwasmydad
01-31-2008, 12:34 AM
you people amaze me sometimes. Ron Paul clearly won this debate. Yes he was largly ignored again but as the field shrinks it becomes more and more obvious he is being ignored. anyone with half a pea brain who is un-decided and watched that debate saw he was not given a fair shake. None of the other candidates took him to task on his views tonight because they cant. this is a huge night for him and instead of being cry baby bitchez you should be rallying around him. understand that we are in this till the end and at least one more wont be.

People we are still in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chomsky
01-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Seriously how many trolls do I have to watch have a public mental breakdown in front of the entire forum. Before you even begin to accuse Ron Paul of not fighting take a look at this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k
this man has been fighting for freedom and liberty for more than 30 years. In the process he has repeatedly been laughed at called every name in the book, but guess what he keeps showing up every single day. He might not be the best public speaker or the most charismatic or most accomplished but he keeps showing up and lets the message speak for itself.
Now for everybody talking about giving up or moving to the hills or whatever, I don't think you understand, that is not even an option in this revolution. This revolution moves forward regardless of voting outcome or debate performance. Its time for some of you to man up!

Thanehand
01-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Shame on you.

Ron has done MORE fighting for us in his lifetime than nearly all of us will ever be able to take credit for. From screaming at Morton Downey Jr and his retards to becoming an outcast in congress because he votes with principle and logic, to running for president and being called cooky, crazy, fringe, racist and "deserving to be laughed at" (as Mitt Romney put it).

Ron is fighting a different battle than the other numb-nuts in the debates. If you're not aware of that, you're not paying attention. He does not need the media to win if enough of us are spreading his message ourselves and informing the public that they are being misled.

Giving up now will surely ONLY help cause us to fail.

You should be redirecting your frustration into productivity for spreading the word and becoming a delegate. Only someone who really doesn't care about our country when it comes down to brass "tax" (sorry, couldn't resist, yes I know it's 'brass tacks') ;) would give up on Ron now.

Yes, that's a guilt trip. And yes, I know my post is harsh. But I for one, am sick of the whining and bitching from Americans that give up before the fight is even over and perpetuate the bull crap rather than fighting for what they believe in.

Heaven help us if it ever comes down to actually having to physically fight for our rights.

You want Ron to win? Then HELP him fight instead of bitching about what you think he's doing wrong. Become a delegate... donate, donate, donate and then donate some more ... get your friends and family to donate ... help fund grassroots movements like ads, billboards and OperationCall4Paul, especially if you've maxed out your donations to the campaign (thank you McCain-Feingold for that bull).

:mad:

4RP08inKCMO
01-31-2008, 01:00 AM
this man has been fighting for freedom and liberty for more than 30 years. In the process he has repeatedly been laughed at called every name in the book, but guess what he keeps showing up every single day. He might not be the best public speaker or the most charismatic or most accomplished but he keeps showing up and lets the message speak for itself.
Now for everybody talking about giving up or moving to the hills or whatever, I don't think you understand, that is not even an option in this revolution. This revolution moves forward regardless of voting outcome or debate performance. Its time for some of you to man up!

Thank you!

Pauls' Revere
01-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Enough sulking!...This is/has not been the first time Dr Paul is/has been treated unfairly. We all know this. My mistake was thinking the MSM would at least be a little more balanced since the ghoul dropped out. I was wrong. Haven't you noticed that they still try this tactic without Gulianni? This only confirms that we are on the right track, we have the right message if they want to hide it! doesn't this make sense? They always try to bury the truth, especially those who speak it! We are on target and now get off your butt and canvass your ass off tommorrow as though this campaign and your liberty depends on it. Anything short of that is failure on our part myself included. Direct your anger where it counts, put it toward the campaign, donate your balls off, find others who will after watching this debacle. Do something, I'm hitting the streets tommorrow til my feet bleed!!!...AAARRGGGG FU MSM "WE THE PEOPLE" own this country and I want it back !!!!!!!!!

Tidewise
01-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Dude, if you would have seen us outside the debate and at the post-debate rally you would have no doubt that this R3volution is growing every day. Period.

Chomsky
01-31-2008, 01:17 AM
Dude, if you would have seen us outside the debate and at the post-debate rally you would have no doubt that this R3volution is growing every day. Period.
how was the postdebate rally?
Was Ron Paul positive?

Richandler
01-31-2008, 02:08 AM
If you're losing the will to fight then you didn't really want it in the first place.

Molly1
01-31-2008, 02:09 AM
how was the postdebate rally?
Was Ron Paul positive?

He put up pictures on another thread. It looked awesome. Tons of supporters there.:)

qwerty
01-31-2008, 02:21 AM

How you can loose will to fight for freedom ?

If you lose it YOU ARE NOTHING!

:rolleyes:

Mike Chambers
01-31-2008, 02:21 AM
Ron Paul is the man he is. Nobody can or should change that. Yes, I would have loved to seen him take a verbal ball bat to McCain and company but when the media controls the spin you have to measure how far you can go. Howard Dean's candidacy was brought to a dead halt after Iowa from his excitement being construed as crazy.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

added:

The fight for liberty and freedom is not all Ron Paul's fight. It's ours. It has been all along and whether or not Ron Paul wins the nomination or receives another vote is almost immaterial. He is the standard bearer of our message. I am going to support that message going forward so that more people will understand and empower themselves to take up the fight with us. It is all in our hands. What we do or do not do determines the future.

raiha
01-31-2008, 02:44 AM
OI!! What kind of Son of Freedom are you?? Toughen up! Like the Good Doctor!

RonPaulMTV
01-31-2008, 03:07 AM
There's a fine line between making a point about being ignored and seeming like a whiny b*#ch (the Huck). I think RP had his best performance to time alloted ratio so far. On balance, he played it well - I think a subtle but firm statement was called for when Anderson Cooper was blatantly being unfair, but McCain really gave every other candidate a gift tonight by appearing like a senile, snide idiot. We can only hope that viewers aren't completely blind and had an "aha" moment.

lincolninked@yahoo.com
01-31-2008, 04:40 AM
He saddened me in the debate where he walked away from truth, 911 truth.

Ever sense then he has just seemed to shine less and less. I did not watch the debate tonight, I do not want to watch my last hope die.

Dan Klaus
01-31-2008, 04:54 AM
SonofFreedom,
Take a day off friend..sounds like you need to recharge your batteries...we all get this way sometimes only to come back twice as strong...

Anna Karenina
01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
What? RP was amazing with the time he was allowed and when he wasn't rudely cut off.

If he threw a tantrum the way some naysayers here would like, the media would be all over him about how he is unpresidential, angry, prone to temper tantrums, etc. etc. . They are looking for the "Dean moment" to skewer him with. RP has dignity and shows him at an advantage to the bozos. Those 2 bickering babblers looked petty and ignorant blathering on like that.

tommy7154
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree he should be more assertive but hey let the man be the man. I support him 100% and even if he doesn't go to the White House i'm glad for him and the way he has fought this BS for...20? some years...he can look back and know damn well that he tried with everything that he was and he has warned everyone about what's coming. He is getting his message out. It's up to us to listen and spread it.

He's someone for history to look back on and think about. Someone for future generations to think wow this guy was an absolutely amazing human being. He stood up for everything he believed in and fought so hard for so long...

And he does it for his country and its people. There simply is no greater man I have ever heard of than Dr Ron Paul.

LEK
01-31-2008, 10:04 AM
A gentleman and a scholar.

Cytranic
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I agree..He looks worn out and un interested in last nights debate...I actually turned it off and watched LOST instead.

If Ron Paul is giving up, so am I.

GoDrNo
01-31-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree..He looks worn out and un interested in last nights debate...I actually turned it off and watched LOST instead.

How do you know what happened if you didn't watch? (just curious as to why you are jumping from debate thread to debate thread stating you are giving up, when you stated here you didn't even watch)

skeryl
01-31-2008, 11:32 AM

troll

syborius
01-31-2008, 05:01 PM

Exactly, they had him on because they knew it would not be worth it to exclude him, but they did exactly what was necessary to marginalize him. Most Americans can't think for themselves, and the "programming" of the electorate continues with air time for the coroneted front runners. This is all well thought out, calculated. The proces is three fold. Demoralize the base, make Ron Paul look weak even though we know they are in full control, an make certain the others get 4-5 times more air time. This process was unfair from the start, so it's funny some here expect it to change anytime soon. We just need to fight, fight, fight. This is war. :cool:

HillbillyDan
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Ron did well with the time he had. Raising a "stink" on the MSM will not help our cause. I think the good doctor is craftier than he hsa been give him credit for. That having been said, don't let it stop YOU from doing what YOU think is right and correct to get him elected. On a grassroots level, feel free to canvass your opinion that he got the shaft on cnn, back it up with video evidence also. IMO, hitting the big boys in the media, by spreading the truth that they lie and distort, is something I always try to throw in when attempting to bring a potential voter closer to the light. Don't give up, November is still a while away, we do still have time. BOOTS ON THE GROUND, it's the only way we will when!

syborius
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
What? RP was amazing with the time he was allowed and when he wasn't rudely cut off.

If he threw a tantrum the way some naysayers here would like, the media would be all over him about how he is unpresidential, angry, prone to temper tantrums, etc. etc. . They are looking for the "Dean moment" to skewer him with. RP has dignity and shows him at an advantage to the bozos. Those 2 bickering babblers looked petty and ignorant blathering on like that.

real catch-22. If he threw a tantrum they would bar him from all future debates.

Let the people decide if CNN is being fair, let the people research Ron Paul on their own.

You gotta remember he is fighting the perception that he is a kook, a crazy lunatic on the fringe.

fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

Ira Aten
01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
He got the most applause when he pointed out McCain and Romney were arguing over some ridiculous point, in the meantime our entire economy is going to shit, and American soldiers are dying for no reason whatsoever.

The crowd erupted.

Quite honestly, I think he came out way above the fray, since arguing with an idiot is not in any way productive.

Everyone there realized that Ron Paul was the only sane or honest son of a bitch in the group.

What can you do with a moderator who refuses to let you speak, and if you object, you sound like a moaning school girl?

McCain did more to hurt himself last night by Ron Paul just keeping quiet, than you can imagine.

The so called polls that McCain gained three points over Romney, or some such shit is just shit.

Everyone watching realized that McCain is either a liar, or a nut.

You could not have asked for any more than that. If the campaign would now start pointing out how unstable McCain is, and how flippy floppy Romeny and Huckabee are, perhaps on Super Tuesday, we can get some votes.

I assure you, the party will long regret nominating a guy like John McCain, who simply seethes hatred in his very soul.

If people can't see it, they are blind, or stupid.

syborius
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
He got the most applause when he pointed out McCain and Romney were arguing over some ridiculous point, in the meantime our entire economy is going to shit, and American soldiers are dying for no reason whatsoever.

The crowd erupted.

Quite honestly, I think he came out way above the fray, since arguing with an idiot is not in any way productive.

Everyone there realized that Ron Paul was the only sane or honest son of a bitch in the group.

What can you do with a moderator who refuses to let you speak, and if you object, you sound like a moaning school girl?

McCain did more to hurt himself last night by Ron Paul just keeping quiet, than you can imagine.

The so called polls that McCain gained three points over Romney, or some such shit is just shit.

Everyone watching realized that McCain is either a liar, or a nut.

You could not have asked for any more than that. If the campaign would now start pointing out how unstable McCain is, and how flippy floppy Romeny and Huckabee are, perhaps on Super Tuesday, we can get some votes.

I assure you, the party will long regret nominating a guy like John McCain, who simply seethes hatred in his very soul.

If people can't see it, they are blind, or stupid.

+10000000%

I think Mccain shot himself in the foot.

"it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

now, hopefully we can overcome the election fraud.

Revolution9
01-31-2008, 06:53 PM
A wise man can say more with one sentence than a fool can blithering endlessly.

HTH
Randy

ape
01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
RP kept his cool and spoke the truth as always