PDA

View Full Version : I wish Dr. Paul would speak plainly to the people. . .

hyoomen
01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
I wish Dr. Paul would just spell it out simply for the American people: "Look, I implore all citizens out there listening...think back on your financial decisions throughout the entirety of your life. Have you always made the best decision for yourself? If you're like all of us up on stage, then the answer is clearly no. Now think about that when you wonder if the government -- composed entirely of people with the same ability to mismanage their own finances that you admit to -- can effectively manage ALL citizens' finances simultaneously. You deserve to benefit "

What would you most like to see him say in a plain manner that anybody without knowledge of commodity-backed currency or Austrian economics could understand?

Pete Kay
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, Dr. Paul needs to realize that most Americans have no idea what the hell he is talking about. Probably 98 percent of the country doesn't realize that the Federal Reserve is a private bank. I just found this out this year. It's not something that is common knowledge. Ron Paul needs to work under the concept that he is bringing uncommon knowlwedge to the common man.

therealjjj77
01-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, Dr. Paul needs to realize that most Americans have no idea what the hell he is talking about. Probably 98 percent of the country doesn't realize that the Federal Reserve is a private bank. I just found this out this year. It's not something that is common knowledge. Ron Paul needs to work under the concept that he is bringing uncommon knowlwedge to the common man.

Absolutely. Use nice stories and easy to understand explanations.

Also, delivery is as important as the message. The thoughts need to be clear, calm, well planned pauses, and he needs to look confident.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
He spoke fine to me. McCain and Romney wre driving me crazy. i cant stand perfect polished studied talking.

Sey.Naci
01-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Disagree. WE listened. WE heard. All it seems to take is for him to be given the exposure and then people come on board.

Don't underestimate the people who watch those debates. Most are political junkies; most do get what RP is saying. The ones who don't can be lead by those who do, the other group that RP is addressing when he speaks: experts on economics and foreign policy, military personnel, etc.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I also think he does much better when he's fired up.

thuja
01-30-2008, 11:03 PM
He spoke fine to me. McCain and Romney wre driving me crazy. i cant stand perfect polished studied talking.

they are professional campaigners, repeating certain words over and over.

RP is more used to addressing congress.

not spending on war to have more money for our own country is pretty plain, though, and i hear that often.

Matt Collins
01-30-2008, 11:57 PM
I also think he does much better when he's fired up.

You mean like here? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k&feature=related

Jae0
01-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Ugh I cant watch that video it makes me want to put my head in a meat grinder.

fj45lvr
01-31-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree that he should "dumb it down"....

obviously the voters are not smart enough to follow along and he needs to get the message across in different words instead of repeating what they don't understand. Many terms he uses are beyond the 4th grade level of the median intellect out there (how else can you explain it????)

hyoomen
01-31-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't think people are genuinely stupid, but people seem to be willfully misinformed or underinformed. That having been said, Paul has an opportunity to make his well reasoned and historically justified beliefs so unavoidably common sense that the great masses of people will see him as the only choice to avoid the demise of our country.

Matt Collins
01-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Ugh I cant watch that video it makes me want to put my head in a meat grinder.It is painful, but damn I wish Ron had that much fire at the debates... he would've won for sure!