PDA

View Full Version : Good Performance Tonight and Someone gained my respect

pwnsey
01-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Tonight Ron did pretty well. If anyone noticed that whenever he was talking Romney or McCain was laughing at him and Huckabee remained respectful. Huckabee did not do inappropriate gestures towards Paul. This made me gain some respect for him.

Did anyone else notice this?

itshappening
01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
he always listens respectfully and intently

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I think RP and Huck actually respect each other. What with the media focusing on Romney and McCain, Huckabee is starting to see things from RP's point of view.

RPinUptownChi
Huckabee is a great speaker and has some good ideas but the prospect of having another evangelical christian running the country is too much for me right now...His clemency policies are ridic...He's just a little too slick for me but once again I think he is tremendous on his feet and he is very likable...Its also highly commendable that he tackled his obesity problem, that was an excellent example to set for folks in Arkansas...

gracebkr
except for the fact he's a liar with no integrity. It was okay to ignore Ron Paul for all the deabtes, but when it happens to Huckabee one time he cries about it. He should have said something before. I think he gets what he deserves. I can't wait for Ron Paul to win so they all eat their words.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Huckabee is a great speaker and has some good ideas but the prospect of having another evangelical christian running the country is too much for me right now...His clemency policies are ridic...He's just a little too slick for me but once again I think he is tremendous on his feet and he is very likable...Its also highly commendable that he tackled his obesity problem, that was an excellent example to set for folks in Arkansas...

lol

darbsllim
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Do you think Huckabee would chose Paul as his runningmate if he got the nomination?

Lois
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
[That's because Huckabees trying to memorize what Ron Paul's saying, so he can repeat it later. :eek:

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Do you think Huckabee would chose Paul as his runningmate if he got the nomination?

I don't think RP would want it.

Dorfsmith
01-30-2008, 10:20 PM
[That's because Huckabees trying to memorize what Ron Paul's saying, so he can repeat it later. :eek:

Ha ha :D

mongoose
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Tonight Ron did pretty well. If anyone noticed that whenever he was talking Romney or McCain was laughing at him and Huckabee remained respectful. Huckabee did not do inappropriate gestures towards Paul. This made me gain some respect for him.

Agreed, especially compared to the two spoiled brats on the other end of the table.

deedles
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
I think Hucksters job has been to get the support of the evangelicals, which he has, and then wait to be named VP so he can drag them all along with him at that time.

Hucks advisor is Richard Hauss, CFR extraordinaire.

Huch doesn't have to get bucky with DRP anymore... he's got his job lined up (he thinks)

paulgeek
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I was just watching the debate clips and noticed that Huckabee always pays attention to what everyone is saying. Romney seemed to really squirm during Ron's exhortation to cut spending and John McCain looks like his laxative is about to kick in anytime Ron Paul speaks.

darbsllim
01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
It was very frustrating watching this debate. Anderson Cooper flat out lied twice to Ron Paul about giving him more time 'in a few minutes' and cut him off quite rudely after about 30 seconds of talking.

I was so peeved when he did it the 2nd time.

Drknows
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Huckabee is a fake. That compassionate talk is all bullshit.

Besides He isnt about following the constitution. Hell he wants to ban smoking.

hornet
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM

yeah i noticed that and i also noticed his remark about staying in iraq until we can leave with 'honor'....exact words nixon spoke concerning leaving vietnam.
lets clear the decks on the huckster.
1.) he thinks illegal aliens should go to college with cheaper tution than us veterans at taxpayer expense.
2.) he likes raising taxes, lots of them.
3.) wants more of his 'god' in our constituition.
4.) dodges hard questions on economics and foreign policy with jokes.
5.) and did you hear the tale of his son who hung a dog from a tree and tortured it to death. (somebody raised that kid and taught him it was ok)

respectful?

Pete Kay
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
They should form a coalition to get airtime. They should do joint appearences not as running mates, but just the fact that they are together would get them more media coverage.

BreakYourChains
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM

Yes! Did you catch his ad after the debate? Wow, you have it 100%! What this means is, we are winning, guys. Do not give up hope! We are winning! Every one of them are stealing Ron Paul's ideas!

brumans
01-30-2008, 10:30 PM
John McCain looks like his laxative is about to kick in anytime Ron Paul speaks.

lmao

Lisa S
01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I think one time when asked if left race would he endorse one of the other candidates he said any o them except Ron Paul. I do agree he is alot more respectful than McCain and Romney. he is still just a smooth talker. He majored in speech and communication. That is why he can so elequently express his points that aren't original at all.

rp08orbust
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Its also highly commendable that he tackled his obesity problem, that was an excellent example to set for folks in Arkansas...

Unless it was a gastric bypass like many suspect.

raystone
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
gained your respect ? you been following along ?

destroyed computer HDs when leaving the gov mansion to hide...?, accepted gifts beyond legal limits, and was cited at least once for this by the state Ethics Commission, he appointed those gift givers to state posts, shameless Christian panderer, wants to keep Americans dying babysitting in Iraq civil war indefinitely.

pinkmandy
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
He isn't loving Dr. Paul. He is PANDERING. That's what he does. He wants US, we wants OUR votes and if he has to sound like Dr. Paul to get them he will. He sees the revolution, he is one of the only politicians who semi-gets it. He's trying to copy what he can for his own success- he knows times are changing & the revolution is not a short term thing. He can smell the change and wants to capitalize on it. Nothing noble about that.

ArrestPoliticians
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM

He would choose a CFR schill.

4RP08inKCMO
01-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Maybe Ron should look at Huckabee with the idea of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." You know, use him as a tool against McCain and Romney the way our government used Osama against the Soviets. Promise Huck Vice President or a cabinet position... or a box of Twinkies. Then, after Paul gets the nomination, send Huckabee back to Arkansas. We will just have to watch out for blowback. By blowback I mean the farts coming out of Huckabee's once again fat ass. Yep, if Huckabee does not get something out this election the dude is going to get depressed and go on a eating binge. End of Dodgeball, anyone? http://youtube.com/watch?v=xLfJPetUeVA

pepperpete1
01-30-2008, 11:14 PM
He isn't loving Dr. Paul. He is PANDERING. That's what he does. He wants US, we wants OUR votes and if he has to sound like Dr. Paul to get them he will. He sees the revolution, he is one of the only politicians who semi-gets it. He's trying to copy what he can for his own success- he knows times are changing & the revolution is not a short term thing. He can smell the change and wants to capitalize on it. Nothing noble about that.

Ditto

austinchick
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Huckster is not doing those things because it's not a 'christian' thing to do.
ALso, he is listening intently, so he could use RP's ideas as their own next week. Watch him start talking about Gold Standard and Foreign policy.
That Huckster

jtown
01-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Maybe Ron should look at Huckabee with the idea of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." You know, use him as a tool against McCain and Romney the way our government used Osama against the Soviets. Promise Huck Vice President or a cabinet position... or a box of Twinkies. Then, after Paul gets the nomination, send Huckabee back to Arkansas. We will just have to watch out for blowback. By blowback I mean the farts coming out of Huckabee's once again fat ass. Yep, if Huckabee does not get something out this election the dude is going to get depressed and go on a eating binge. End of Dodgeball, anyone? http://youtube.com/watch?v=xLfJPetUeVA

hahahhahahahahahaha

-Jtown

JohnnyWrath
01-31-2008, 04:30 AM
Huckabee sucks as bad as newt running....Huck sounds more and more like Ron Paul every time he talks....funny if it wasn't kind of creepy.

Romney looks on but is usually respectful.....McCain was the asshole.

Ron Paul supporters hate everything about Huck....no point in ever trying to get us to like Huck or any Jesus runs America candidate.

devil21
01-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Ive seen way too much Huckalove on this forum since the debate. Huck is CFR and is more of the same.

JohnnyWrath
01-31-2008, 04:54 AM
Its also highly commendable that he tackled his obesity problem, that was an excellent example to set for folks in Arkansas...

Ron Paul never got fat to start with....

Who the fuck votes for someone because they got obese and then lost weight? That is the kind of voters Hillary has....they base votes on nothing to do with actual politics.

An "excellent example" to set for the people of his state would have been to not steal the tax payers money....rob the governors mansion, and then use tax payer money to destroy all the computer files that proved it.