PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh - The Enemy of Our Enemy is Our Friend

RPinUptownChi
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
i personally detest rush limbaugh and the hyprocisy of his position on drug use. that being said he actually has the audience and clout to make it hard on McCain.

I must say I very much like the obvious, visceral hatred he has of McCain.

Does Rush ever mention RP?

JimInNY
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Rush talks about RP all the time. He just NEVER says his name.

Rush is working on getting RP elected, I swear.

JimInNY
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
So is Savage, btw.

They both talk about Ron Paul's platform to no end, and bitch about the rest of the field by name.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
So is Savage, btw.

They both talk about Ron Paul's platform to no end, and bitch about the rest of the field by name.

Since when? All I heard was a bunch of mumbo jumbo about Ron Paul from Savage. Michael Savage that is.

robpriv
01-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Rush hates Paul and totally dissed him today, saying "Ron Paul, who gets weirder and weirder every day."

I also heard Savage go psycho about Paul last week and call him a "crackpot".

And of course, Neal Boortz slammed him again today as he does every day.

The incredible thing is that Paul is giving them exactly what they've been begging for for years: a founding fathers-inspired freedom revolution.

And now that's it's happening, they're totally stomping his ass because he doesn't want to slaughter the entire Middle East. These people are scum and the fact that they hate Paul makes me love him even more.

History will prove Ron to be a hero and these bastards to be arch-villains that helped destroy freedom when they could have saved it.

sfws09
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
"They both talk about Ron Paul's platform to no end, and bitch about the rest of the field by name."

i agree! i just started listening to RL THIS WEEK! and i was amazed at what he said. i thought he was a neocon through and through but when i listened to him, i realized he was touting RP but NOT SAYING HIS NAME! an endorsement would be HUGE (dont expect it). but, i do share his hate for McAssHole

bobmurph
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Rush talks about RP all the time. He just NEVER says his name.

Rush is working on getting RP elected, I swear.

I know...ridiculous that he doesn't see the irony. He preaches conservatism, just like Ron Paul, for 3 hours a day, yet passes RP off as a kook when he is mentioned by name. There is only one candidate that represents conservatism in this race, and he refuses to give him ANY credit! Maybe he knows if RP were elected he might be out of a job because he wouldn't have anyone to criticize anymore.

itshappening
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM
the deal breaker for these neocon talkshow lords is the foreign policy, they want more war even if it bankrupts the nation. Rush was a massive cheerleader for Bush TWICE, he wants to spend us into oblivion, he needs to grow up and realize that spending 1 trillion a year overseas is NOT conservative!!

mfw1974
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM
And of course, Neal Boortz slammed him again today as he does every day.

I listen to Neal in the AM and he is pushing the fair tax (multiple books written). If Ron were to abolish the tax system, he wouldn't make any money. Plain and simple.

Then again, I have questioned Neal as a libertarian anyways. He does expose a lot of government spending and does a good job at pointing out the facts, but when it comes to taxes he is a total douche.

PaleoForPaul
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
What exactly would Rush or Boortz talk about if Ron Paul was elected?

Hillary is probably the best thing that could happen to either of them.

robpriv
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I know...ridiculous that he doesn't see the irony. He preaches conservatism, just like Ron Paul, for 3 hours a day and passes him off as a kook. Maybe he knows if RP were elected he might be out of a job because he wouldn't have anyone to criticize anymore.

There's a lot of truth to that statement. There's a ton of money being made on radio and TV and newspapers etc. that depends on D.C. remaining a perpetual clusterf**k.
You think they want Ron riding into town and fixing things? What the hell would they have to talk about with continual peace, a strong economy and minimal government where corruption is absolutely not tolerated? You'd have a lot of dead air and I wouldn't miss 'em a damn bit.

JimInNY
01-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I guess I should have qualified my remarks by saying that I never listen the either Rush or Savage for more than a half hour at a time. I am usually just tuning in to the local AM station for news or weather, then I turn it off.

During those times, lately, it seems like both are begging for a candidate like RP.

robpriv
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
I listen to Neal in the AM and he is pushing the fair tax (multiple books written). If Ron were to abolish the tax system, he wouldn't make any money. Plain and simple.

Then again, I have questioned Neal as a libertarian anyways. He does expose a lot of government spending and does a good job at pointing out the facts, but when it comes to taxes he is a total douche.

I try to suffer through Neal's show on a daily basis. He's not a libertarian. He thinks he is but he's actually a schizophrenic independent that one minute bashes big government and the next supports the war and other things to keep it bloated and expensive.

I know he's a good guy deep down, and he cares about the middle class when he has enough money where he doesn't have to. But he's a pro-state, pro-war imperialist that knows nothing about the Federal Reserve and admits he has no interest in it. His Fair Tax he loves so much is pointless if the Fed remains in place.

Like most pundits, he's painfully ignorant about the things that are very important and spends three hours a day harping on the trivial while the country crumbles.