PDA

View Full Version : I really hope Ron Paul does show up at the Dem debate

Pete Kay
01-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I know that it was a joke by Cooper, but that would be great if a Republican Presidential candidate showed up to a Democratic debate. And why not? Shouldn't a GOP candidate want to hear what a potential rival had to say? If Ron Paul showed up, I think it would get him some publicity, no matter how small. At this point, it couldn't hurt him. Ron Paul needs to go all out and do whatever it takes to get into the limelight.

AlexMerced
01-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I know I was thinking the same too, that'd have to make headlines in all the newspapers

Crickett
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah..He was invited, too..

walt
01-30-2008, 10:33 PM
go ron go!

UtahApocalypse
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
would be great.....

"well I wanted to try to get a bit more time"

Jae0
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I'd love to see that

RonPaulFTFW
01-30-2008, 10:48 PM
They'd just show him for a split second and pan away.

FireofLiberty
01-30-2008, 10:52 PM

Are you serious?

Source?

gerryb
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
For some reason people who watch FOX already think RP is a liberal.. But, it probably wouldn't hurt.

RonPaulFTFW
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Are you serious?

Source?

Anderson invited him on stage tonight.

Dr.3D
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
He would probably get the same amount of air time as he did this evening. :D

CareerTech1
01-30-2008, 10:58 PM
He should go and participate and debate against Hillary and Barack -

at least they would probably stick up for him and tell the mods to let him finish answering the question!!!

Pauls' Revere
01-30-2008, 10:58 PM

At least they would ask him questions, like would you like to be VP?

FireofLiberty
01-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Anderson invited him on stage tonight.

This was during the actual debate (I missed it) or during post-debate coverage?

PauliticsPolitics
01-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Since Cooper "unofficially" invited RP to the DemDebate, maybe we should put a little pressure on CNN, Politico, and the LA Times to actually consider this for tomorrow. Ron Paul garners a lot of interest from Democrats, and alot of people would love to see him throw some words againt Hill and Barry.
I know plenty of people torn between Barack and Ron Paul. CNN needs to be reminded that among young people and indies, Obama and Paul are competitors. It's probably not fair to ask for fair time, but if they could give him another 7 minutes in the Dem arena, that would be great! Maybe he could just chime in here and there with responses.
This may seem like a long shot, but Cooper did invite him... and advertisers would love it because way more people would watch.
It only takes a few minutes to shoot some emails and make some calls throughout the day.

all J's in IL for RP
01-31-2008, 12:23 AM
I keep reading about this. Is there video?

That would be classic Cooper; a snide insinuation that Ron would be a better fit at the Democratic debate, and then, as he's about to go off on who's the real conservative at the debate, shut him down. "I promiss, we'll get back to you in a couple minutes...er...a couple of questions....er...I mean in a couple hours in the post debate wrap-up show shown only on the internet."

TER
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
It would be the most viewed debate in history!

IntruderII
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
I doubt they would let RP in on the dem. debate. They'd probably find plenty of ways to put a negative spin on it too.

m72mc
01-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Was he invited ???

If he was he should go ..............own some more

specsaregood
01-31-2008, 12:28 AM
I keep reading about this. Is there video?

That would be classic Cooper; a snide insinuation that Ron would be a better fit at the Democratic debate, and then, as he's about to go off on who's the real conservative at the debate, shut him down. "I promiss, we'll get back to you in a couple minutes...er...a couple of questions....er...I mean in a couple hours in the post debate wrap-up show shown only on the internet."

Cooper said it at the very end of the debate. He invited ANY of the Republicans. It was obviously a joke, but...... I think Romney while cracking up over the thought said "I would love to".

Pauls' Revere
01-31-2008, 12:33 AM
He should go and participate and debate against Hillary and Barack -

at least they would probably stick up for him and tell the mods to let him finish answering the question!!!

Yeah, go to the dem debate and take all the heat they can throw at him. This will show the republicans this guy can beat them down. That is if they honestly give him a chance to finish his questions. The republicans will se the real strength in Ron's position and how he can beat the dems come Nov. WTF whats he got to lose?

TER
01-31-2008, 12:34 AM
The first thing the democratic candidates will bring up is the newsletters.

HollyforRP
01-31-2008, 12:36 AM
I think this would be a bad move. A trap. Some events you just shouldn't attend especially strange sudden events where someone who is a complete jerk to you invites.

all J's in IL for RP
01-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Cooper said it at the very end of the debate. He invited ANY of the Republicans. It was obviously a joke, but...... I think Romney while cracking up over the thought said "I would love to".

Oh. I missed that. Some of them would fit right in.

nodope0695
01-31-2008, 12:42 AM
That would be awesome...Talk about crashing a party.

romeshomey
01-31-2008, 12:44 AM
I hope Ron does go.

There are alot of Democrats who would vote for Ron if they heard his message. My father for one. He is a lifelong Democrat and he is SOOOO close to giving his vote to Ron in the Ohio primary. He just told me the other day 'I may give him my vote'.

Ron should take this opportunity. He would look so good up there between those two powder puffs.

Ron should just say 'I am running as an American, not as a depublican, or a democrat, I just happen to be a republican but can debate with either if they would like to debate with me.'

My father has already said if Ron was a democrat hed vote for him, but even as is isn't, he is so close to turning tides and supporting Dr. Paul.

rocketless
01-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Dr. Paul would probably win the Dem. debate too, just like he won the S. F. straw poll back in November.

expatriot
01-31-2008, 01:53 AM
The invitation was to all the candidates but
it was not an invitation to participate but rather
an invitation ot come and 'be here' - with a hint at 'face time'
Schwarzie was in attendance and the CNN cameras oohed his way occasionally,
this would be predictable CNN behavior just inviting to catch their reactions to the Demos.

Still not a bad idea -
It would show Ron as being even more of someone who contends
outside of and despite the glare of Cnn's bipolar disorder.
His presence could not be ignored if he went - the audience would be eagerly anticipating
some sort of theatrics/shenanigans - baiting him would come natural to someone like
the HillBillies as well as supporters of Obama.
If Cnn tried to avoid any kind of acknowledgement it would
disappoint an awful lot of their viewing audience - precisely what needs to happen.

I am sure if he went he would go with no intention to speak,
but the sheer temptation it will present to the audience will be a priceless opportunity.

Something to consider anyway.
There is no risk going to watch - it is what any good rival should be doing
in preparation to the General Election.

Joseph Hart
01-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Dr. Paul would probably win the Dem. debate too, just like he won the S. F. straw poll back in November.

Probably win? HE WOULD WIN!