PDA

View Full Version : Some great comments about the debate from CNN before they erase them

chiplitfam
01-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Chip Littler January 30, 2008 10:01 pm ET
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
The establishment is so afraid of Ron Paul. They are unleashing hell against him because they will do whatever it takes to keep him out of the White House.

Wayne M. Davies January 30, 2008 10:01 pm ET

I watched tonight's debate with the hopes that it would be a fairly moderated debate that allowed equal time for all candidates. My hopes were quashed with Anderson Cooper's first interruption of Ron Paul. When he did it again I was dismayed! What a blatant disregard of one of our finest congressman. I'm sick of this kind of treatment towards Ron Paul! Then to allow Sen. McCain and Gov. Romney to carry on, taking up most of the debate time with a fruitless argument; utterly disgusting! Why is CNN, MSNBC, and FOX so afraid of what congressman Paul has to say? Why won't you cover his campaign and allow him to participate as much as the other candidates in the debates? How is the American public supposed to an informed decision when CNN and others won't allow Ron Paul's views to be heard?

Clark Guelde January 30, 2008 10:01 pm ET

I dont think the Republican party has a clue how much trouble they are in!!!!!!

Matt January 30, 2008 10:01 pm ET

Mr. Cooper and his producers have done a terrible job with this "sham" of a debate. I was hoping they would be different than FOX & MSNBC - a futile hope, I guess. The media *should* be asking all cadidates the same questions and allowing for an equal amount of face time, to present the candidates to the American people in the same light. The media *should not* be rationing time between the candidates in the same ratio showing up in the polls. As Mike Church likes to say, that's what makes them the Parrot Press: they repeat, they don't report. Alas, they have the right to conduct the debates the way they seem fit. I surely will use my right not to watch CNN anymore.

Kyle January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

I am not a Ron Paul supporter, but you people who talk about Ron Paul being out of touch with the times sound like programmed "BIG Government" robots. It seems as if the idea of the people being empowered to the point of dictating government policy is an obsolete idea and that is a tragedy. It is the nature of our Government to grow, unless we the people keep it in check.

Tim January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Ron Paul is truely an Independent American running as a Repulican only so he can get some traction in the media. And they still ignor him. Hopefully American's can see through this.

joe lomonaco January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

First I just want tosay that this was the worse managed debate I have ever watched. It was clear that questions were targeted to the front runners and the choice of questions…"looking into Putin's eyes..what do you see is so very presidential"; Unlimited response time made sure that all candidates wouldn't be able to share their thoughts. The moderator..allowing the 10 minute rambling of Mccain and Romney was sickening…a waste of precious time for voters to learn about the candidates.
The questions were too generic and without substance. They may have been questions voted on by the viewres, but having those as a choice of questions says reams about CNN. CNN should have thrown them out and really asked the hard questions.
thanks for taking the time to read this.
joe

Jeffrey January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

CNN disgusts me. Thank you for the unbiased debate! (For those of you who couldn't tell, the second sentence is sarcasm.)

jordan January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Gary,

it's hard to take you seriously when you cant even spell 'wasting'. Please place your head back in the sand.

Keith January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee were the only candidates who truly demonstrated real leadership.

Both McCain and Romney have proven that they are out of touch with the American people.

Kraig Vardaman January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

oh my gosh…they're playing over the drama fest…Mitt vs. Mac. Sheesh! Can we just talk about what really matters? Who cares what paper endorses you? Who cares about the arguement on timetables or how one candidate is trying to paint the other? What the heck does any of that matter?

What matters is what each and every candidate thinks - on their own - with an open ended question - and no 'hey what do you think about what he said?' - that stuff starts arguements that nobody wants to see.

Can we ask Mitt, "Exactly how do you propose to 'fix' Washington? What's your specific plan?" Can we ask Ron Paul, "Explain to us how borrowing kills the economy and how to specifically get back on the gold standard?" Can we ask Huck, "Explain how we can build our infrastructure without borrowing?" THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT MATTER!! Can we let them answer without interrupting and without what the other guy thinks about what the other guy thinks?

This debate was despicable due to CNN's control over it! However, it was great because of what Huck and Paul said. It was boring because of Mitt vs Mac - blah blah blah. It became even more boring because of the continuous replay of Mitt vs Mac. Bleah!

Charles January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

I am going to Ron Pauls site and make a contribution to his campaign!

Bill January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Ron Paul came in 2nd in Nevada!

Ron Paul won Louisiana, but the GOP will not release the results with the provisional ballots counted!

Where is the real news coverage?

Louise January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Not enough time about REAL ISSUES
What about this NORTH AMERICAN UNION—-that we are know connected to
Canada & Mexico??????
No One Talked about that?????
RON PAUL knows about this.

Cameron January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Shame on you CNN! To tell Dr. Paul that you would get back to him on the topic of Iraq in a couple minutes and then to ignore him for 15 minutes before asking him an unrelated question is pathetic and shows how little journalistic integrity you have left, let alone common courtesy.

Walter Cheeks January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

If Ron Paul runs as a 3rd party candidate and gets Colin Powell to run as his VP, there would be no way that we could lose.

Gabriel January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

I believe that the debate has gone well overall. Romney's views on immigration are insane, he is taking it a little too far. Immigrants are how this country was built. Immigrants that are already here and are not criminals should be able to stay. Why would you send someone back when they have established a position and a family in the United States? They are contributors to our economy. I thought Romney was Mr. Economy!!!

Kate January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee had great things to say. I wish we only could have heard more.

ben January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

wow, what a fixed debate. Let McCain and Romney bicker at each other for hours, don't let Paul or Huckabee speak, then when Paul does try to speak Cooper cuts him off and promises to get back to him on that question but never does.

What a joke of a debate that was. Just like all people should be treated equal-all candidates should be too, and that means equal air time for each politician

John January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

So will we get anything like an answer about the why there was such a question and time disparity between the candidates? Ron Paul did better than McCain in Nevada and still gets no respect from the mainstream media. I hope enough people out there are not controlled by CNN and Fox news and will use youtube and other internet resources to hear about all the candidates.

Jason January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

i was not a Ron Paul supporter but after tonight.. i am.

By the way.. Cnn you make me sick to my Stomache.

Denis January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Except Mr. "flip-flop" Romney, good debate.

Paula January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

I think Anderson Cooper was rude to Ron Paul. This was not a real debate. Why not focus on the real issues facing our country.

Paula January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Thank you Ron Paul for sticking to what you believe in. I get such a feeling of encouragement when I here you speak, even though CNN was very unfair, and didn't give you much time to speak.

Freedom First January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Give each candidate a fair share of the time… don't force a candidate on the people. Let them choose.

Lee January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Integrity is exactly why Huckabee needs to remain in the race. We need people with integrity in the office. Now that's another word Romney knows little about.

Huckabee for President!

Clark Guelde January 30, 2008 10:02 pm ET

Paul, Does Dr Paul have wide spread support within the military??????

Tom January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

Where is the poll to see who won? Dr. Ron Paul has the cure for what ails us.

4cubsfans January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

Would Reagan endorse Ron Paul? The 'Taxpayer's Best Friend', he who has NEVER voted to raise taxes or for an unbalanced budget. Ron Paul is the only one Reagan would even see as Republican.

bonniebleau January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

Another debate, another joke. Ron Paul has studied economics for 30 years, these people had better listen up. They will wish they'd of given Ron Paul a few more questions when they discover their 401K is gone and the money they've been saving is useless.

Go McCain…let's keep our grandchildrens' grandchildren in the middle east for 100 years. How prolife is that?

BJ Tyson January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

CNN, looks like Jay Leno will be tearing up another "fake" debate and network. Even a simple-minded adult with minimal intelligence is able to see that Dr. Ron Paul is a Patriot who KNOWS the Constitution IN and OUT and is an economic scholar…not a polished-tician who wants more power. He LOVES America and wants to help GUIDE her back to the Founding Fathers protective guidelines.
We cannot continue to finance wars that WE started with NO money and no more soldiers' lives. I WILL NOT allow my sons to go overseas for Romney, McCain, or Huckabee to fight for WHAT…..oil interests for the RICH INVESTORS?! The middle eastern countries are in a HOLY war and have been for over 2,000 years. We DO NOT have the REAL money, jobs, or people to FUND this unwinable war. This is NOT again TERRORISM….There is not country called Terror, There is no race called TERROR…… Any soldier knows you FIRST have to identify the enemy! Bin Laden IS the enemy, and HE is enjoying our spending our economy into the ground along with our wonderful serviceman. NO> NO>NO> THIS IS WRONG, and I just woke up to that fact about four months ago! NO MORE NEO-CONS! NO MORE DEMOCONS! No more big wasteful government.. and WHY do Congressmen NOT participate in Social Security, but WASTE the funds we have given?

michael January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

hey cooper what did the other 2 candidates say?

GEORGE KRAMER January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

I do not believe the moderator was controlling the debate. He was allowing Rommney & McCain argue about who said what like Ron Paul said. This is not what we wanted to hear. WE WANTED PLAIN COMMENTS ON WHAT AND HOW THEY WILL SOLVE OUR DOMESTIC PROBLEMS. Of course only a comment or two about the war.
INSUFFICENT TIME WAS GIVEN TO HUCKABEE AND PAUL.

I think it was a "bad" job of conducting a debate by the moderator.

Marine Vet January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

You have got to be kidding me!! Cooper was a Joke, as was this debate. Almost makes me ashamed to have defended my country so these big media people could take the rights away from the American People. I'ts obvious who Daddy Warbucks is telling us to vote for, wake up people this is a joke. I had no clear cut candidate before tonight but after tonight I'm going with Paul or Huck, must be some reason they want to keep em quiet.

WAKE UP AMERICANS! January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

America! Wake up! You are being led down the road to perdition! Don't let the MSM and the world globalists decide WHO it is YOU vote for! Ask yourself this question, why won't they give Ron Paul the SAME amount of time to answer the SAME questions given to the OTHER candidates? Because THEY DON'T want YOU
to know what RON has to say, BECAUSE, RON PAUL HAS THE ANSWERS!!!

AND the TRUTH HE POSSESSES THREATENS THEIR HOLD OVER YOU!!!

DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND RESEARCH RON PAUL BEFORE YOU CAST YOUR VOTE!!!

KEM January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

CNN intentionally ignored Ron Paul?? They ignored Mike Huckabee?? What kind of debate is CNN carrying on.. The Black Caucus debate was a better debate. The candidates all had an opportunity to answer the questions asked. The Republican party is in trouble if MCCAIN AND ROMNEY are the best choices… I have never seen so much arrogant stupidity between two individuals. All three democratic candidates are better then those two delusional individuals. "MCCAIN is George Bush on steroids." some one stated. GOD help America if any one of those two are president. They are appropriate successors to the party that nominated George W Bush one of the worse presidents in the history of America.
Why do we care who Ronald Reagan would endorse hes dead??? Ronald Reagan would have wanted to change parties because those two are a disgrace just like the incumbent. Ron Paul is entirely too real for the Repulsive Republican debate. CNN just endorsed Mccain and Romney with their slanted and jaded questions. CNN please learn how to conduct an unbiased debate because the networks preferences showed with the question and was reflected in the time that they let the candidates speak. Could CNN not be so obvious in the way they went on that the news station has a preference in certain candidates.

Greg January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

Ron Paul is the only one who is telling us the truth. I am sick of the other politicians fighting over things that don't matter and the news media playing along with them. This country is about to go the way of the Soviet Union with a financial collapse if we don't act quickly to get things under control. Empires have always ended badly, and we are sure looking like one. Ron may be combative, but that is what we need right now.

Kristian Morey January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

I really hate McCain, he is open boarder all the way, Im ashamed that anyone would call him a republican…

jason detrick January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

They should have cut MAC and MITT off when they went on and on and on about things that don't matter… Long winded and negitive… Huckabee is the only true conservitive and true republican… AMERICA WAKE UP AND CHOOSE HUCK!!!

Pete January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

Substantive issues lacking out the woozoo.
– Can't we have some transparency on the economy,
– on immigration,
– on our existing failed market-led rapidly globalized supply-side agenda?
– Nothing on NAFTA,
– GATT,
– WTO,
– MFN(most favored nation/NTR) questions lacking,
– Suggestion of social services shifted to the states (Romney).
– Spending on fences while attempting to make tax breaks permanent? This sounds like tax cuts and spend. More debt folks. They will sacrifice entitilements to build a porous fence? Build it and they will clime. Come on, rediculous. We all know the failures of NAFTA; catering and promotion of illegal immigration via bilingualism.

This debate was just as bad as Paul getting snuffed by Anderson when trying to answer a previous question; however, McCain and Romney get all the time in the world to make their voice heard?

I can't wait until Diebold time; where's my receipt incase in case I ned to return something?

Warren January 30, 2008 10:03 pm ET

I'm afraid of having this proud self deserving Jon McCain as President. On the other hand, although Huckabee and Romney have govenoring Experience I think Ron paul clearly showed who wasnt dillusional about our policies on monetary issues, foreign issues at home and abroad, and, he even had some simple solutions to very complex issues. Im a 28 year old black man and tonight I sat for a hour and a half and was genuinely interested in what 4 White men were saying at a national republican debate. In this debate, I seen a 1 man that would get into office and conform to the cycle of the Washington we now know; another man that would have goodwill in everything he would do but could not protect us; and a self deserving war monger who i personally think would start World War 3. Ron Paul is neither of these. I will let you tag the candidate with his rightful description