PDA

View Full Version : Breaking - Ron Paul on Daily Show

LibertyOrDie
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=41922

This is awesome!

aravoth
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
That is the kind of coverage we need. Now if he could get on conan or leno, hell even letterman, that would kick a lot of ass.

Abby
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
That IS awesome! Being on Jon Stewart will really help Dr. Paul reach a lot of younger voters!

Woo-hoo! Go President Paul! :D

I record this show every night, so I'll be watching for this interview...ditto for Colbert Report.

--Abby

Hawaii Libertarian
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Without question, the Daily Show and Colbert Report have a large audience and people Dr. Paul needs to reach. I would think that Stewart and Colbert might be sympathetic to Dr. Paul's antiwar views also. It also might help viewers "make a human connection" with Dr. Paul as a person.

There is a big downside, however, in that Stewart and Colbert are primarily comedians and they will do what they can to get laughs at Dr. Paul's expense. I don't recall too many politicians that have gone on those shows and not stumbled or gotten into awkward situations by the questioning they faced.

Finally, aside from supporting Dr. Paul's antiwar position, I don't think they'll have much support for Dr. Paul's other views. I hope I'm wrong.

swatmc
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Excellent. Something tells me that Jon Stewart and Ron Paul would get along.

I'm sure many have seen this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2DrC4Eur3M

Abby
05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I think Stewart and Colbert are normally able to "trip up" politicians because most politicians are full of crap. Stewart and Colbert are able to capitalize on this...they catch them in their moments of BS and gets laughs.

Ron Paul is smart and he has nothing to hide, so they really can't catch him off guard on anything. Stewart and Colbert are also smart. They know what is at stake and I believe that they are true patriots like the rest of us...unlike the sell-outs at Fox.

I really think it will be a good thing overall!! I hope (and believe) that any laughs we see will be "good" laughs, not laughs at his expense.

Go, Dr. Paul!
:)

reeferseed
05-23-2007, 03:26 PM
The only downside to any and all exposure of Dr. Paul to the universe is in your mind!

Dr. Paul's genius shines through anybody's hogwash! Have faith in the truth!

Therion
05-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Hell yeah!

amonasro
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
This is really exciting now. The snowballing effect of his campaign after he appears on The Daily Show will be huge. A few weeks ago I was thinking he'd never make it on CNN or Fox ever again. I was wrong. A few weeks ago I dismissed the idea that Jon Stewart or Colbert would interview him. Wrong again. If this much can happen in a few weeks, am I wrong in thinking this guy has a fighting chance for the nomination?

I hope not!

NewEnd
05-23-2007, 03:31 PM
The funnier, and more jovial Ron Paul is on the show, the more human he becomes, and more likeable.

Don't worry about it, it is supposed to be a comedy show.

Hopefully Ron Paul just goes with the flow, and shows whatever type humor he has.

amonasro
05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
True, Stewart backs Ron's views, so I wouldn't worry about him being humiliated. Considering his views on the MSM and current politics, it's likely that Stewart will be "blown away" by Ron Paul's truth and derive humor from that as the audience laughs and applauds. It will be fantastic.

LibertyOrDie
05-23-2007, 03:38 PM
LOL, you guys crack me up with your worry, if you watch any of The Daily Show, you notice a trend. They attack people that are attackable, in regards to the type of people they are. Now if Giuliani went on the "The Daily Show" I would be able to sell tickets to my TV, because everyone knows that guy would get burned. I can't wait for this, it is going to be great - plus just go look at "The Daily Show" and "Colbert Report" message boards, ever since the first debate people have been requesting for RP.

LibertyOrDie
05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Also, if he stand out so well at both debates, where he was alone against every other Republican candidate facing the Republican Party - this is cake! hehe

JoshLowry
05-23-2007, 03:43 PM
This is really exciting now. The snowballing effect of his campaign after he appears on The Daily Show will be huge. A few weeks ago I was thinking he'd never make it on CNN or Fox ever again. I was wrong. A few weeks ago I dismissed the idea that Jon Stewart or Colbert would interview him. Wrong again. If this much can happen in a few weeks, am I wrong in thinking this guy has a fighting chance for the nomination?

I hope not!

Well, this forum wasn't created so we could play paddy cake. :D

Melchior
05-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow, I can't believe it. I was so sure they would never let him on the Daily Show...

Well, for once I'm happy to be wrong. :)

I'm a bit worried since we all know Jon Stewart and his audience are biased towards the Democrats. So his conservative/capitalist views might come under ridicule. But Ron Paul is anti-war and anti-establishment, and he deviated from the norm at the debates, so he has that going for him. Besides, they've had conservatives and such on before and had civil discussion.

Hopefully with this we can catch the young, college aged left-liberal/Democrat demographic.

NewEnd
05-23-2007, 04:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_qAgaGYh3w&mode=related&search=

Liasten to what Stewart says here...

he is begging for Paul to talk to him.

LibertyOrDie
05-23-2007, 04:54 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_qAgaGYh3w&mode=related&search=

Liasten to what Stewart says here...

he is begging for Paul to talk to him.

Great find - this should ease the worry any of you may have.

legion
05-23-2007, 05:06 PM
stewart had someone from the cato institute on last week, he was friendly

Melchior
05-23-2007, 05:08 PM
You know, after reading the article, I want to know what these "sources" are.

Don't get me wrong, I truth the FMNN is credible, but I want to be sure.

stewart had someone from the cato institute on last week, he was friendly

Really? Who?

legion
05-23-2007, 05:16 PM
http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/?lnk=v&ml_video=87167

austinphish
05-23-2007, 05:20 PM
both Trey Parker and Matt Stone are known Libertarians. Comedy Central clearly thinks Ron Paul is a good idea to have on their programs.

Anyone have an idea on how to approach this? I bet they have probably already thought of it themselves. Just a thought.

Therion
05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
both Trey Parker and Matt Stone are known Libertarians. Comedy Central clearly thinks Ron Paul is a good idea to have on their programs.

Anyone have an idea on how to approach this? I bet they have probably already thought of it themselves. Just a thought.
New South Park episodes don't come out until October. If RP can last that long I'm pretty sure he'll make an appearance.

Harald
05-23-2007, 05:33 PM
RP: "Free Education, Free Medical care"
RP: "No wonder they bring their families"

slantedview
05-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Any idea when the Daily Show appearance will be?

I should mention, we owe this appearance to everyone who wrote in to Comedy Central. It would be a good idea to do the same for Leno, Letterman, Conan, and whoever else's show you'd like to see him on.

Shii
05-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Any idea when the Daily Show appearance will be?
According to the OP story, the date isn't set yet.

I have a feeling Stewart will kick off the interview with, "So, you're the only Republican candidate against the war. How's that working out for you?" This will be great! :D

ladyjade3
05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Awesome!!!!!! A "hot ticket" Yay! I miss my TV. Over in the corner... sadly collecting dust. Now I can turn it on again!

I do get a lot of news from "comedy news" like Colbert especially and Jay Leno. But I take it with a grain of salt and it just helps me decide what to google for the real deal. :)

This will help with polls.

surf
05-23-2007, 07:02 PM
if i remember correctly, a guest tried to pigeonhole him for a party stance and his reply was, "i'm an uptown libertarian."

i love the show.

winston_blade
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I won't be able to sleep until this thing airs. I hope it is soon.

Craig_R
05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Ron Paul was on the daily show last night, they showed news clips of him talking about Illegal Immigration during a montoge of news clips. then jon made fun of it.

It could go either way , but , there is such a thing as the colbert bump

Texan4Life
05-23-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't have cable, so I can't wait to see it on youtube!

unconsious767
05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
I saw Jon call RP "Mr. Pickles" when analyzing one of the debates, which kinda ticked me off.

NewEnd
05-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I saw Jon call RP "Mr. Pickles" when analyzing one of the debates, which kinda ticked me off.

LoL, that's kind of funny.

thuja
05-23-2007, 10:36 PM
maybe Jon will interview him, and then will stop with the mr pickles.

enan
05-23-2007, 11:07 PM
He's a political satirist. It's his job to make fun of people. He wouldn't be Jon Stewart if he didn't. Stewart, like any good satirist, seeks to improve people with his humor. Still, certain people get it worse than others. I've been watching a lot of Jon Stewart's interviews recently. He's harder hitting on people who are fools. Ron Paul will do fine. Kerry (who Stewart favored) got a relatively light rap - though Jon Stewart did hammer him about his service in Vietnam. He just needs to be his principled old self, just a little more jovial than normal.