PDA

View Full Version : The issues Ron Paul receives applause for are in our billboards

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
In the debate held in California tonight on CNN, Ron Paul received a round of applause when discussing monetary issues, the cost and unconstitutional nature of war and returning to the Constitution for guidance in the executive branch. All three of these issues are the strength of his campaign. Our billboards have already incorporated these issues in the other states our billboards are located. Our current campaign in Austin, Texas can reach over 5 million people in 4 weeks.
We need $2,500 to reach our goal. Please visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our Austin , Texas billboard.

Designs below are not final and some graphics and colors will be tweaked. The wordage for the billboards are effective in conveying the essence of Ron Paul's platform. The three issues chosen will cover a wide voting demographic in Austin. The design for the commuters on the opposite side of I-35 will attract their eyes with the black\white combination and the word "legalize" huge. Dr. Paul's campaigns foundation is the Constitution, therefore it sums up his platform in two words. Once we have their attention we direct their eyes to the website, phone number and primary date on the bottom billboard. This will be very effective for fast and slow moving traffic across the highway. The Texas primary is open so we could help persuade Democrats, Libertarians and Independents to cast their vote for Paul. The images on this board could especially sway the undecided once they get in the voting booth.

Design for Billboard facing oncoming traffic

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VoteRP.JPG
Bottom Billboard
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottom2.JPG

Design for upper billboard facing traffic across the highway.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/legalize.JPG
Bottom Billboard
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottom2.JPG

TER
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
strong work!

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
strong work!

Thank you!

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 11:25 PM
bump!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah the top one is totally awesome! Good job.

DXDoug
01-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Ya and to think some said it wasnt a good sign.

I thought it rocked from the start those other people are just trolls dont let em get ya down . these signs are gonna be huge!

:D:D:D:D

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Ya and to think some said it wasnt a good sign.

I thought it rocked from the start those other people are just trolls dont let em get ya down . these signs are gonna be huge!

:D:D:D:D

Thanks!

haaaylee
01-31-2008, 01:49 AM
as someone who works in graphic design i have some issues with this.....

black is bad!
and also, "legalize the constitution" means alot to us, but those who aren't aware of what is going on won't get anything from that really. i think founding father quotes vs. ron paul quotes would be good. mention liberties that Bush has taken away from us. bush vs. ron paul would really work.

Joseph Hart
01-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Is Clear Channel not allowed to have Ron Paul Billboards? Clear Channel is owned by Mitt.

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM

black is bad!
and also, "legalize the constitution" means alot to us, but those who aren't aware of what is going on won't get anything from that really. i think founding father quotes vs. ron paul quotes would be good. mention liberties that Bush has taken away from us. bush vs. ron paul would really work.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPI35Away.JPG
This is a picture of the billboard we are using it for, we have to catch their attention since it's across the highway and they have seconds to see it.

I have graphics guys working with me who do this for a living and black with white fonts is a popular and used industry wide for an attention getter. We had marketing and Ad people look at these designs also and they loved it. There are a number of companies and organizations using this design scheme because it works.

For example there is a Scion car ad. Right side of billboard is orange background and image of the car. The left side of the billboard is all black background and then it has 2 check boxes. One says "champ" and one says "chump". This works because I notice it everyday going to work, your eyes gravitate to the billboard design.

Another billboard on the exit to my job is for the United Negro College fund. All black background white letters that say "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" Again seeing this contrast out of the corner of your eye makes you look.

Third. A drunk driving billboard near downtown Austin. It was all white background and black letters and says. "Driving buzzed is driving drunk" Again these work and the proof is that I can sit here on my PC and type verbatim the design scheme and words on the billboard. The design grabbed my attention and the words were planted in my head.

This is the goal with the billboard facing the traffic across the highway. We want to grab their attention and then direct them to the website and phone number. I believe this is the best way to accomplish that goal.

We are in Austin and this design will work with this city. This city will reject any flag waving design with patriotic themes thrown in. This market is perfect for this design, also we are trying to catch the commuters attention on the other side of the freeway. We have seconds to do it and this will definitely make them look. When they look they will also see vote for Ron Paul, the website and phone number and that's all we are trying to accomplish with the seconds we have. Putting issues on this side of the board would be a waste because most of the time they will be traveling to fast to read it. On the billboard facing oncoming traffic has all the relevant issues that are the foundation of his campaign.

Also remember this is Texas and I have bounced this slogan around a few people and all got a kick out of it. From old to young, they loved it. Texans have that tough talking swagger and this appeals to that.

We could use another attention getter we are saving.

"got liberty?" in the milk ad campaign font.

itshappening
01-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Brilliant Harold, I hope you get the support needed

these are good!

haaaylee
01-31-2008, 10:54 AM
I have graphics guys working with me who do this for a living and black with white fonts is a popular and used industry wide for an attention getter. We had marketing and Ad people look at these designs also and they loved it. There are a number of companies and organizations using this design scheme because it works.

For example there is a Scion car ad. Right side of billboard is orange background and image of the car. The left side of the billboard is all black background and then it has 2 check boxes. One says "champ" and one says "chump". This works because I notice it everyday going to work, your eyes gravitate to the billboard design.

Another billboard on the exit to my job is for the United Negro College fund. All black background white letters that say "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" Again seeing this contrast out of the corner of your eye makes you look.

Third. A drunk driving billboard near downtown Austin. It was all white background and black letters and says. "Driving buzzed is driving drunk" Again these work and the proof is that I can sit here on my PC and type verbatim the design scheme and words on the billboard. The design grabbed my attention and the words were planted in my head.

This is the goal with the billboard facing the traffic across the highway. We want to grab their attention and then direct them to the website and phone number. I believe this is the best way to accomplish that goal.

We are in Austin and this design will work with this city. This city will reject any flag waving design with patriotic themes thrown in. This market is perfect for this design, also we are trying to catch the commuters attention on the other side of the freeway. We have seconds to do it and this will definitely make them look. When they look they will also see vote for Ron Paul, the website and phone number and that's all we are trying to accomplish with the seconds we have. Putting issues on this side of the board would be a waste because most of the time they will be traveling to fast to read it. On the billboard facing oncoming traffic has all the relevant issues that are the foundation of his campaign.

Also remember this is Texas and I have bounced this slogan around a few people and all got a kick out of it. From old to young, they loved it. Texans have that tough talking swagger and this appeals to that.

We could use another attention getter we are saving.

"got liberty?" in the milk ad campaign font.

I live in Austin as well. I design for bands posters and whatnot so perhaps i'm thinking in a different mentality. I like the "Got Liberty" idea alot. I just really want some sort of issue on there, besides just ron paul revolution. That helps with name recognition but not with actual votes. I want this board used to it's max since so many people will be seeing it. Austin is the perfect city for Ron Paul, with all the hippies. I wish i knew what i first read that made me love Ron, maybe we should figure out what it is that drew all of us in and use that to help with these kinds of things.

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I live in Austin as well. I design for bands posters and whatnot so perhaps i'm thinking in a different mentality. I like the "Got Liberty" idea alot. I just really want some sort of issue on there, besides just ron paul revolution. That helps with name recognition but not with actual votes. I want this board used to it's max since so many people will be seeing it. Austin is the perfect city for Ron Paul, with all the hippies. I wish i knew what i first read that made me love Ron, maybe we should figure out what it is that drew all of us in and use that to help with these kinds of things.

We don't have Ron Paul Revolution on the billboard. We have 3 issues on the billboard facing the traffic.

We need to catch the drivers attention on the other side of the highway and the most important thing we are trying to achieve with this side of the billboard is to direct them to the website and phone number.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPI35Away.JPG
This is a picture of the billboard we are using it for, we have to catch their attention since it's across the highway and they have seconds to see it.

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 03:00 PM
bump

pinkmandy
01-31-2008, 03:15 PM
I think they are awesome!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

mavtek
01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Sending you $25!

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I think they are awesome!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Sending you $25!

Thanks for the support!

We worked hard on the designs for this billboard since it's in our hometown. We wanted the designs to be fresh, bold and an attention getter that would also present Ron Paul's presidential run in a way that would attract new voters and pump up the huge groundswell of Ron Paul supporters in Austin. I believe we nailed it and your suggestions helped us fine tune it. Thanks for all the support and kind words.

Harold

Live Free or Die
01-31-2008, 04:08 PM

black is bad!

I would have written the same had I not taken the time to read replies. I'll back you up here as someone who has worked in marketing, ads, graphic arts & commercial photography for 19 years. I really don't want to be a negative nelly; I applaud the OP for getting this done and getting Dr. Paul's name out there. However, more design/advertising research needs to be done by well-meaning grassroots supporters like the OP.

Black may be cheap when signage is concerned, but it definitely presents a negative gestalt to the viewer, mostly subconsciously. Sure, it may seem cool, hip and maybe "avante garde" to some of us, but we aren't the target audience, are we?

My somewhat learned but still humble suggestion is to use a bold blue hue, which isn't navy but also isn't too "Crayola" (like Pantone 286 CVC ) http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/colorfinder.aspx
with white text, perhaps minimal black accents/drop shadow on text. Avoid yellow at all costs- it is the sign color of choice for all things cheap & sleazy (check-cashing stores, anyone?). Avoid red, orange and brown.

As far as text goes: "Legalize" isn't a term that should be used in the same paragraph as the word Constitution. It is most widely used in the same sentence as the words "marijuana" and "pot." (While Dr. Paul may be all for decriminalizing state laws on marijuana use, and overall getting out of policing what we as adults put into our bodies... it's not going win votes from undecideds.) The alternative word to use would be "Reinstate" (the Constitution), if that reference is used at all.

Anyhow, just my $.0013 worth ;)

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 05:58 PM
I would have written the same had I not taken the time to read replies. I'll back you up here as someone who has worked in marketing, ads, graphic arts & commercial photography for 19 years. I really don't want to be a negative nelly; I applaud the OP for getting this done and getting Dr. Paul's name out there. However, more design/advertising research needs to be done by well-meaning grassroots supporters like the OP.

Black may be cheap when signage is concerned, but it definitely presents a negative gestalt to the viewer, mostly subconsciously. Sure, it may seem cool, hip and maybe "avante garde" to some of us, but we aren't the target audience, are we?

My somewhat learned but still humble suggestion is to use a bold blue hue, which isn't navy but also isn't too "Crayola" (like Pantone 286 CVC ) http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/colorfinder.aspx
with white text, perhaps minimal black accents/drop shadow on text. Avoid yellow at all costs- it is the sign color of choice for all things cheap & sleazy (check-cashing stores, anyone?). Avoid red, orange and brown.

As far as text goes: "Legalize" isn't a term that should be used in the same paragraph as the word Constitution. It is most widely used in the same sentence as the words "marijuana" and "pot." (While Dr. Paul may be all for decriminalizing state laws on marijuana use, and overall getting out of policing what we as adults put into our bodies... it's not going win votes from undecideds.) The alternative word to use would be "Reinstate" (the Constitution), if that reference is used at all.

Anyhow, just my $.0013 worth ;)

We tried the design with a blue background but it just didn't pop and looked like it could be any of these other status quo candidates running.

The Austin market - During the Governor race Kinky Friedman ran on a tagline "Get Kinky". His bumper sticker design was hot pink and black, he received over a half million votes. This is an open primary and we can get votes from more parties than Republican if they see Ron Paul as the maverick he is. Based on the way the establishment is I don't see converting the base that follows the status quo of the MSM established leaders. Again our governor Rick Perry endorsed Giuliani, I'm sure the Rep elites would have followed suit and voted for him as well. Now he is gone and they are for McCain so really how would we turn people that would support a Pro-War candidate and Economic novice like McCain. We have a chance in Texas to win with voters that lean more towards his Anti- war stance. We have to appeal to Independent Anti-War, civil liberty voters in Austin and keep them from voting Democrat.

ronpaulbillboards
02-01-2008, 10:45 AM
bump!

Zolah
02-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Bump. Good work! :)

ronpaulbillboards
02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Now is the time! Please help us get this billboard up.

ronpaulbillboards
02-01-2008, 03:59 PM
We are $1,800 from our goal!

ronpaulbillboards
02-02-2008, 01:17 PM
We are $1,600 from our goal!

Arklatex
02-02-2008, 01:41 PM
NICE WORK Patriot ronpaulbillboards! It's very much worth $10 from everyone!

ronpaulbillboards
02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
bump!

ionlyknowy
02-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank God you put to vote for him in the GOP primary.

People keep saying that the name recognition isnt there... which I do agree that many people do not know him...

BUT a ton of people do know him... they just dont know he is a republican....

We need to be advertising that he is a republican running for an end to the war and occupations...

I know everyone is embarrassed to be republican or say you are voting republican after Bush. And you are afraid that it will scare people away once they hear RP is a rep. candidate.

But if you never tell them which party he is, then people will never even consider him.

ronpaulbillboards
02-02-2008, 09:07 PM
You are exactly right! I ran into some apathetic people tonight that share our views of corrupt government. But they are so disillusioned they are tuned out all together. You bring up Ron Paul and some still don't realize his consistent stances against these corrupt administrations, the Fed, military industrial complex, civil liberties and such. They don't think he has support and such and this in a city with Ron Paul signs, banner and stickers everywhere. One thing is that people are sick of anything resembling the status quo and they want change, honesty and liberty from this corrupt government. We have to show them that there is someone who will help cure the angst you have. That is why it was perfect he was up against the democrats in the MTV dialog today. His message is so simple and refreshing it sounds like a Utopia, but it can happen and I see it in this Ron Paul Revolution. We need to keep doing what we are doing and do more and don't worry about the polls and mainstream media. We have to educate the people and once they have the knowledge of the systemic underlining problems of this system they will gravitate to candidates such as Dr. Paul.

They can't stop us now!

Soccrmastr
02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I like banners that are easy to read/notice and also have some good content. great job.

ronpaulbillboards
02-02-2008, 10:55 PM
These will work perfect for the Austin market and each design is perfect for oncoming and across the highway commuters. On the access street below the sign is a big shopping center with a huge grocery store. There are also Hospitals around there and so people drive on the access lane to get across I-35.