PDA

View Full Version : Missing ABC Video: Ron Paul Lays the Smackdown on Romney

james1844
08-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Romney is slippery...says one thing does another. Says one thing one moment, says another the next moment.

Magicman
08-05-2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3JetPYqWeRIckiZdm

hard@work
08-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow, that was terrific. Romney looks like a huge tool.

specsaregood
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Was that actually broadcast?! That was great.

trispear
08-05-2007, 02:52 PM
And there is where we have our winning soundbite. Ron Paul > all other republicrats combined. That soundbite is priceless compared to the drabness of the whole debate.

And Stephanopoulous' face is priceless at the end. What a buffoon.

Too bad he stopped Mitt Romney make a bigger fool of himself than he already is.

beermotor
08-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Romney is kidding himself if he thinks he is anything other than a complete fucking idiot.

disinter
08-05-2007, 02:53 PM
YouTube version here:

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/08/05/ron-paul-in-todays-debate/

richard1984
08-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah. Romney was getting a little too big for his britches today. He'll soon learn his place (at the losers table).

Ninja Homer
08-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm surprised Stephanopoulous didn't interrupt Ron Paul, "Hold up Ron, I think Mitt has something important to say."

Mitt: "9/11! 9/11!"

Steph: "Ron, how do you respond to Mitt's statement?"

trispear
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Ron was perfect here: ASSERTIVE. He just needs to do that more and put the neocons in their place!

TheEvilDetector
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Romney is kidding himself if he thinks he is anything other than a complete fucking idiot.

If Romney knows he is an idiot, that means he has intelligence to know so. He could not be a smart man who knows he is an idiot.

The case must be, that Romney has no idea that he is an idiot. This position is logically consistent. Romney is an idiot who does not know he is an idiot.

hard@work
08-05-2007, 03:14 PM
The problem is Mitt is trying to win the remnant of the Republican party that believes terrorism is worthy of devaluing our republic. Meanwhile Ron Paul is trying to reach out to those who understand the Republican party has been hijacked and left in tatters by a small group.

michaelwise
08-05-2007, 06:54 PM
The expressions on their faces is priceless. They seem powerless at stopping RP's message. Romney looked like he was going to have a temper tantrum, but wasn't getting too much support from the rest of the goons. 9/11 911/ 9/11 hows that working for em these days?

Syren123
08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
The expressions on their faces is priceless. They seem powerless at stopping RP's message. Romney looked like he was going to have a temper tantrum, but wasn't getting too much support from the rest of the goons. 9/11 911/ 9/11 hows that working for em these days?

I agree with this. It did indeed look like they felt the air leaving the balloon and their whole hot-air agenda deflating before their eyes, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Look for a big build up in attack mode.

richard1984
08-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I agree with this. It did indeed look like they felt the air leaving the balloon and their whole hot-air agenda deflating before their eyes, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Look for a big build up in attack mode.

Which is why I think that Ron Paul's lack of aggression is going to help him. They're going to look like dumb bullies when he doesn't fight back, and if he did try he would only be overwhelmed with noise, so he's decided not to play along with their juvenile games. He’ll come out on top because everyone else is probably going to beat themselves down. Patience is a virtue, after all.

(note: of course I'm not advocating that he let them run all over him. He'll fight smart. You can't argue against a 2-year-old having a temper tantrum. You can't argue against whiny, bitchy politicians. Know what I mean?)

ronpaulitician
08-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Not very presidential of Romney.

This could've been another moment for Paul. Afraid the opportunity was wasted.

RP08
08-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Papa Paul definitely made his position as the head of the household known with that one, and didn't even realize it.

"Don't bug me right now kid... this is important." LOL !!

A defining moment, to be sure.

bygone
08-05-2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~cojofl/pictures/pwned.jpg

Shellshock1918
08-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Ron was perfect here: ASSERTIVE. He just needs to do that more and put the neocons in their place!

Exactly, use the neo-con tactic. Be assertive and(the following is not a neo-con tactic) put them in place with reason, logic and facts.

Pedrique
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I didn't watch the debate and most of the commentary on this site seems to indicate that it was not good and Dr. Paul did not make the most of his opportunities.

Let me just say this. Based on that one clip alone, I think Dr. Paul said enough to win the debate, or at the very least do what he needed to do to differentiate himself from the other candidates.

I know everyone has their pet issues - immigration, taxation, reform of the federal government, etc, and we all love Dr. Paul for these various reasons. But the American public, indeed the Iowa voting public, just saw something perfectly distinct about Ron Paul. He speaks intelligently on the issue of war. He speaks passionately about it and he speaks so distinctly about it from the other candidates that a voter must draw the line and decide.

That's all I asked for from this debate and Dr. Paul delivered.

My personal opinion is that all the other issues that we always want him to get a chance to talk about are simply derivatives of the Iraq war. Coming home means we have more people to defend our borders, and we save the money necessary to begin the transition period to no income tax, no welfare for illegals, removal of bloated federal departments, etc.

Let's hope the Iowa public starts to see it that way as well.

If not, then I mean this sincerely - God help us all.

glts
08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure if anyone saw this before about Romney's ignorance:

Romney's Iraq Gaffe Ignored
GOP contender's bizarre pre-war history

6/8/07

At the Republican candidates' debate on June 5, White House contender Mitt Romney remarkably claimed that weapons inspectors were barred from entering Iraq before the 2003 U.S.-led invasion. But Romney's error was little noted by the mainstream media.

Asked if he thought it was "a mistake for us to invade Iraq," Romney declared the question a "null set," and explained:

"If you're saying let's turn back the clock, and Saddam Hussein had opened up his country to IAEA inspectors, and they'd come in and they'd found that there were no weapons of mass destruction, had Saddam Hussein, therefore, not violated United Nations resolutions, we wouldn't be in the conflict we're in. But he didn't do those things, and we knew what we knew at the point we made the decision to get in."

Romney's suggestion that weapons inspectors were not permitted into Iraq before the war started is, of course, incorrect. Weapons inspectors from UNMOVIC (the U.N. Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission) returned to Iraq on November 18, 2002. Led by Hans Blix, the inspectors spent months in Iraq, issuing reports on Iraqi compliance that were a crucial part of the debate over whether to invade Iraq.

In previous debates, media have demonstrated a keen interest in maligning candidates they considered unworthy. For example, GOP candidate Ron Paul's comments about Al Qaeda's motivations in attacking the United States were seen as proof that he was not to be taken seriously—despite the fact that his comments were basically accurate (FAIR Media Advisory, 5/31/07). In the Democratic contest, Rep. Dennis Kucinich and former Sen. Mike Gravel were widely criticized for providing "a counterpoint of left-wing ideas that drew rebukes for a lack of seriousness" (David Broder, Washington Post, 4/27/07; FAIR Media Advisory, 5/8/07).

Romney's false statement, though, was barely mentioned in the press. During a post-debate discussion on CNN (6/5/07), Democratic strategist Paul Begala called it a "huge mistake.... like saying the Mexicans bombed Pearl Harbor." But Begala's co-panelists, Republican strategist Mike Murphy and conservative pundit Amy Holmes, challenged Begala's facts. The bizarre discussion closed with host Anderson Cooper saying, "We're not going to get this resolved tonight."

(Unfortunately, Begala accepted another piece of historical revisionism; when Murphy asserted that Iraq threw out inspectors in 1998, Begala agreed with him. The idea that Saddam Hussein expelled those inspectors is a long-running media myth; in fact, the inspectors were withdrawn under pressure in advance of a U.S bombing campaign. See Extra! Update, 10/02.)

Beyond Begala's CNN comments, media have shown little interest in correcting Romney's error. As Media Matters noted (6/6/07), the Washington Post had a "Gaffe of the Night" feature, but that honor went to candidate Mike Huckabee for getting Ronald Reagan's birthday wrong. The New York Times' Paul Krugman (6/8/07) cited the Washington Post's ignoring Romney's clear lack of understanding of the events that led us into the Iraq War in favor of the birthday goof as evidence that "the bad media habits that helped install the worst president ever in the White House haven't changed a bit."

A caller to NPR's Talk of the Nation (6/6/07) brought up Romney's "embarrassing gaffe" and asked NPR political editor Ken Rudin, "I'm just wondering, is he going to pay a price for this? Is anybody going to call him out?" Rudin's response was typical of the elite press—he referred to Romney's disappointing showing in the polls, noted that he's "getting more and more support," before finally declaring, "I'm wondering if it does hurt him down the line because, again, he looks very good, he gives a strong confident presence, but, again, on some basic facts, he may not have all the stuff with him."

Romney's error was serious—as Begala said on CNN, "If this were a general election debate, [it] would be a disqualifier." But if the press were to admit that rewriting of recent history was cause for alarm, they might have to acknowledge that George W. Bush has done the same thing. On July 14, 2003, Bush declared of Saddam Hussein, "We gave him a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he wouldn't let them in." The comment received little media attention, with the Washington Post (7/15/03) saying only that his assertion "appeared to contradict the events leading up to war this spring." If the current occupant of the White House is given such a pass, perhaps it's no surprise that the same treatment is given to Republican candidates looking to succeed him.

Mister Grieves
08-05-2007, 07:37 PM
This could've been another moment for Paul. Afraid the opportunity was wasted.

It has turned into a pretty big moment for Paul. When he was allowed to talk, in particularly in this instance, he owned the stage. Even more than that, he demanded the attention of anyone who heard him speaking, and anyone who watches that clip on the internet. It was a wake-up call to America.

Thomas_Paine
08-05-2007, 07:42 PM
It has turned into a pretty big moment for Paul. When he was allowed to talk, in particularly in this instance, he owned the stage. Even more than that, he demanded the attention of anyone who heard him speaking, and anyone who watches that clip on the internet. It was a wake-up call to America.

damn straight

Sematary
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
And there is where we have our winning soundbite. Ron Paul > all other republicrats combined. That soundbite is priceless compared to the drabness of the whole debate.

And Stephanopoulous' face is priceless at the end. What a buffoon.

Too bad he stopped Mitt Romney make a bigger fool of himself than he already is.

Yep GS looked whipped right at that moment cuz he knew he'd heard the truth.

guynamedjohn
08-05-2007, 07:53 PM
"Did he forget about 9/11?" - wtf is this guy talking about? The topic was Iraq. How is it humanly possible for a "front-runner" to be such an unbelievable dolt.

I just wish they'd let Mitt speak so RP could really have made him look like the idiot he clearly is.

jmarinara
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
What you saw right there folks was leadership.

Very presidential, many more than we even realize will see that, he did more to help the campaign in those 30 seconds than he could have in months worth of commercials. DOWNRIGHT INSPIRING.

DisabledVet
08-05-2007, 08:17 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t35/mathiastheok/57f700a6.jpg

paulitics
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
I like how he told that slimey snake oil salesman "wait a moment" when he continued to assualt the neocons with the truth. Mitt had to shut his trap. That was the highlight of the debate.

hvac ak47
08-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Notice Mitt puit his hand down when the crowd cheeered for Ron.:)

winston84
08-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm surprised Stephanopoulous didn't interrupt Ron Paul, "Hold up Ron, I think Mitt has something important to say."

Yeah I thought that was going to happen as well. Mitt should be grateful of the time he IS disproportionately given, that bastard.

jonahtrainer
08-05-2007, 09:00 PM
What you saw right there folks was leadership.

Very presidential, many more than we even realize will see that, he did more to help the campaign in those 30 seconds than he could have in months worth of commercials. DOWNRIGHT INSPIRING.

I agree. Romney and Gitmoani are used to telling people to jump and having the lapdogs lick their boots and ask 'How high?'

Ron Paul is not very assertive or confrontational in his demeanor. One may mistake his meekness for weakness. However, this showed his trait as a true leader. A true leader does not tell you to jump; instead he jumps and looks back for the rest of you to follow.

Not only did Ron Paul lay Mitt on his rump, which he totally unexpected because he has underestimated his opponent, but more importantly Ron Paul stepped forward to lead the pack and looked back at the rest of us and said 'Who is with me?' (not giving into terrorists, not giving into 911 to destroy our way of life, not giving into the lie of the war)

DOWNRIGHT INSPIRING, dang straight!

Thursday I am going to make 200 Ron Paul signs with the local MeetUp and I am taking 3 people with me. What are you going to do? We need more offline activity!

mackler
08-05-2007, 09:04 PM

HE'S A CONSPIRACY THEORIST. THAT'S WHAT HE IS. THATS WHY HE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT 911. USUALLY HE WEARS A TINFOIL HELMET, BUT TODAY IT SLIPPED OFF HIS HAIR GEL.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Mitt was trying to get the spotlight he thinks Giuliani hogged in trying to take on Dr Paul. You could tell he really wanted to pull off an "absurd" comment.

Loved how Dr Paul brushed him off, "just a minute," as if Mitt was a kid asking for candy.

Mitt looked like a fool. And he was dancing around as if he had to pee. I thought that was Tommy Thompson's territory.

Seer
08-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I like the part where Mitt gave up after he heard the applause.

RP08
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I like the part where Mitt gave up after he heard the applause.

That truly was classic.

joshdvm
08-05-2007, 10:18 PM

Ha, ha...:)

If you watch the video, I think you can see him mouthing the word "wow."

MozoVote
08-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Paul does have some funny mannerisms with his hands, and his voice can be a little sharp. But he comes across as so much more principled. Romney looks and acts like ... a smug and slimy politician.

I sure hope "polish" is not what people are looking for. Polls are consistently showing that the electorate wants change. Change to WHAT? Credibility... trustworthiness... perhaps? Are they going to find that in Romney? {gag}

Swmorgan77
08-05-2007, 10:44 PM

LOL yep

richard1984
08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Ha, ha...:)

If you watch the video, I think you can see him mouthing the word "wow."

awesome. That's hilarious!

FreedomLover
08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow, what an awesome video clip. :cool:

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 11:15 PM
It's powerful stuff, and it doesn't take much. I was bummed out after the debate by the sheer injustice of Paul not getting much time...but now I don't really feel that way. The concentrated truth can scour away the greasy dribbles of all those other ignoramuses.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3958

"Just come home. We just marched in. We can just come back. We went in there illegally. We did not declare war. It's lasting way too long. We didn't declare war in Korea or Vietnam. The wars were never really ended. We lose those wars. We're losing this one. We shouldn't be there. We ought to just come home."

inibo
08-06-2007, 12:01 AM
I was bummed out after the debate by the sheer injustice of Paul not getting much time...but now I don't really feel that way.

I couldn't agree more. After hearing the debate this morning I was totally bummed, but between this clip and the Fox interview I am positively ecstatic.

V-rod
08-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I think I would rather have Guilani as president over Romney. At least Guilani doesn't have that smug fake ass facade about him, and at least would have the courtesy of telling you that your freedoms are being taken away rather than Romney who would do it the secret Bush style.

jonahtrainer
08-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I think I would rather have Guilani as president over Romney. At least Guilani doesn't have that smug fake ass facade about him, and at least would have the courtesy of telling you that your freedoms are being taken away rather than Romney who would do it the secret Bush style.

I would take Romney. He is just a pawn and I believe if faced with a really tough moral decision he would make the correct choice.

Gitmoani is just plain evil.

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 12:55 AM
If Romney or goulianin get the nod...we will have Clinton/Obama for sure

RP08
08-06-2007, 08:50 AM
If Romney or goulianin get the nod...we will have Clinton/Obama for sure

Yep.

Scary.

paulitics
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM

True enough. Thre is something inherently evil about Romney beneath that facade. I think he is the most dangerous.

ChooseLiberty
08-06-2007, 10:00 AM
It was great how Dr. Paul handled Romnut.

It reminded me of someone rubbing a dogs nose in it when they poop on the carpet. :D

Not a great thing to do to a dog, but it would be good for Romnut and Ghouliani.

Tim724
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
that video clip gives me goosebumps

glts
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
True enough. Thre is something inherently evil about Romney beneath that facade. I think he is the most dangerous.

I totally agree. I am a Mormon and we have had some great leaders of our church that have warned us about loss of liberty. Ezra Taft Benson was a president of our church and a great patriot. David OMcKay was also a former president of our church and he frequently spoke on freedom. That being said I feel that Romney should know better and is just out for power.

pguitarb
08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Lois Griffin pulled the 9/11 card first, Mitt is just a poseur as they say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNjkiT-7vd0

angelatc
08-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Mitt was trying to get the spotlight he thinks Giuliani hogged in trying to take on Dr Paul. You could tell he really wanted to pull off an "absurd" comment.

Loved how Dr Paul brushed him off, "just a minute," as if Mitt was a kid asking for candy.

Mitt looked like a fool. And he was dancing around as if he had to pee. I thought that was Tommy Thompson's territory.

This post was so funny I can't clip a word of it.

I would love to see Romney debate Paul. Romney desperately looked like he wanted to.

Am I the only one that noticed that Romney referred to Pakistan building a democracy? They're a military dictatorship.

Roxi
08-06-2007, 06:42 PM

LMAO this reminds me of the MadTV skit about the Apple irack

bump cuz this pic is so funny

inibo
08-23-2007, 06:05 PM
YouTube version here:

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/08/05/ron-paul-in-todays-debate/

Does anyone know the story of why this video was "removed by the user?"
http://www.youtube.com/v/jMSxPZbtWks
There are of course other versions, but this was by far the best edit.

jonahtrainer
08-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know the story of why this video was "removed by the user?"
http://www.youtube.com/v/jMSxPZbtWks
There are of course other versions, but this was by far the best edit.

I heard that when they got off the elevator at the parking garage at the mall a black van pulled up and they got hauled off to Gitmo and underwent enhanced interrogation techniques until they promised not to speak out.

inibo
08-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I heard that when they got off the elevator at the parking garage at the mall a black van pulled up and they got hauled off to Gitmo and underwent enhanced interrogation techniques until they promised not to speak out.

Aside from being sort of funny, that is just silly. Do I look like a truther? If anyone has archived that video I'd like to get a copy. If was a very powerful exposition of Ron Paul's position and I was making good use of it to reach the left side of the herd.

quickmike
08-23-2007, 06:40 PM
This says a whole lot about Romney. If you watch closely, right after RP says "achieve much more in peace than through needless wars", Romney puts his hand up to say something, but after hearing the loud applause ............................. he quickly puts his hand down as if to say to himself"oops, theyre applauding what Ron said ............ shit, put your hand down." What a f---ing clown ass............... just proves the guy only says what he thinks will be popular. Go put on your ascot Romney and join your yacht club buddies, let the real men make the decisions. I dont know whos worse, him or Rudy............... very tough choice.

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 06:56 PM
haha, romney, haha

but huckabee freaks me out ! he looks like he's trying to remember every single word paul says :(
someone should tell him about patent laws :mad:

0zzy
08-23-2007, 07:00 PM
haha, romney, haha

but huckabee freaks me out ! he looks like he's trying to remember every single word paul says :(

Looks like he was taking it all in and being shocked that Paul was so intelligent and he was agreeing, but he is in denial.

LastoftheMohicans
08-23-2007, 07:09 PM
haha, romney, haha

I despise Huckabee. He's such a phony. He reminds me of another governor from Arkansas.