PDA

View Full Version : I'm not old enough to vote but this unfair debate ruined my hopes for the future!

racerzeke
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
man-can these debates become any more unfair? i mean really. This is stupid and will probably ruin my day tomorrow but hey I care about where my country is going :mad:

Just wondering? Anyone else under 18 around here? Curious

ojokolo
01-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm 15, and seriously, I had no idea things were this bad.
I'm just now learning how biased our media is and how much we've messed up other countries.
Pfft. It's a far cry from America the Great I keep hearing of. It's discouraging, but don't let it ruin your hopes for the future.
We are the future. The internet people and the young will lead our nation away from failure. Hopefully it'll be in time but the Ron Paul Revolution shows this country has a chance. :)

racerzeke
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Yea I've been really getting into politics and all and pushing all the other average teenage stuff aside and its amazing how the media is and how stupid our schools are... I mean we learn and feed on things that are so unimportant

Paulitical Correctness
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
You youngins are our next hope.

Keep fighting!

barrett203
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
i am 16.

basevolgal
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
That's why I am so passionate about this. I have a 5 month old (I am in my 30s by the way) and I see what I have brought him into and I fear for his future if RP is not in the White House. :( At least I can tell him I tried.

Richie
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm 17. The difference between you and I is - I CAN vote. As communist as Maryland can be, the recent change in voting laws is a very welcome change.

I'm discouraged as well. As somebody who is young and just getting started, I can not prosper in a nation that doesn't even have a stable currency.

racerzeke
01-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Well I'm 16 & in California.... The part of the debate that really got me was when A.C. cut off RP and said he'd get back to him in 2minutes... I mean 2 questions and wow that was just a awkward moment I cringed to hear that I felt bad for Anderson just because he sounded so uncomfortable... I mean wow....

micahnelson
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Richie, how do they have their authority? They have large amounts of money. When the money sinks, thats when we need to be ready to fight for hard currency.

Do not let them have another chance at fiat. Their edge is this paper money. When they lose it, we have the upper hand due to numbers.

SCREMF
01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Im 18, I wasnt born here either. I am actually thinking about running for a congress seat when I become older, since I still have not decided what I wanted to do.

Ron2Win
01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Guys, just infiltrate and spread the message. Gamespot, IGN, MySpace, your schools just bring new people in. Young, old, fat, thin doesn't matter.

Expose everyone to the message of freedom and the constitution. That is what you can do.

PaultheSaint
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
man-can these debates become any more unfair? i mean really. This is stupid and will probably ruin my day tomorrow but hey I care about where my country is going :mad:

Just wondering? Anyone else under 18 around here? Curious

We're all sort of just learning about this. Well most of us. I'm 31 and I just really started to realize what was going on maybe about 3 years ago. Fox news and the current administration started to become very transparent. I just started researching and researching alternative sources of news, post at different forums with political sections and talk to people from all over the world.. From there you have to be careful and compile, disect and filter through all the rubbish.

Anyways, It' snot over yet and if there's one thing that Americans have that most of the world doesn't have, is a fighting spirit.

My advice, get your buddys interested in polictics. My generation, at least my area for the most part just don't seem to care. Yet.

SCREMF
01-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Question: If I were to have a life in politics, what should I major in university? POlictical Science?

VoteForRonPaul
01-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I love this topic!

racerzeke
01-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I've met a few people who know little politics and talk to them mostly over AIM because it's awkward in real life ..... I wanted to wear some RP gear to school but I dont think they'd allow that not sure and I dont want my history teacher to call me out :(

bate20
01-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Hmm I can't vote either I'll turn 18 a week or two after the elections :(..
But we can't lose hope cause everyone knows that voting isn't enough. even Henry David Throeau says so in "Civil Disobedience" and that was written a long time ago when are nation was a lot better than it is today. thats why we gotta get his name out and start telling everyone we know about him!!!!

PS I suggest that you do read Civil Disobedience its real short too but excellent!

racerzeke
01-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Actually we just went over Thoreau, Emerson, Hawthorne, and some others in english class and I really like what these guys have to write.... And the whole transcendentalists movement... I must say the more I get into 'politics' and the real world the more I get out of my education and I feel more of a connection to what we are being taught and even the teachers

kidal25
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
i'm 17 but will be 18 by november. i am going to write ron paul on my ballot on election day no matter what. young people remember that the old people won't be on this planet forever. i remember talking to my cousin the other day and he said, "man, i wonder what the computer generation is going to turn out to be when all the computer stupid people die and stop getting their news from MSM" i said, "thats when our so called dumb generation will actually vote for a reasonable government that makes sense"

PaultheSaint
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
And, just to add. They want you to lose hope. It benfefits the establishment if people don't educate themselves and get out in vote.

racerzeke
01-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Yea I just feel out of place... I really look up to Dr. Paul and I pretty much devote my day to watching the news and surfing the internet and it feels like I've invested my time to him and he is getting scammed by everyone... I dont know just makes you feel useless you know? Sucks.

LynnB
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
And, just to add. They want you to lose hope. It benfefits the establishment if people don't educate themselves and get out in vote.

I agree, and these kids have the right attitude about this.

When we were 17, tv journalists were just that, objective journalists, they really did 'report', but now, it's all about editorializing, and 'slant' and 'spin'.

You guys are not stupid--you can see that they are trying to manipulate you and as long as the internet stays free and open you will be able to make your own decisions. Demand evidence, i.e. 'if you didn't youtube it, it didn't happen!'

And kidal25- you are right- those old farts won't be around forever, but it's up to your generation to be the change that Ron Paul is trying to be.

racerzeke- chances are, if you wear a Ron Paul t-shirt to school, they'll make you go home for trying to spread anarchy or something, and be aware that schools and universities are where they start the indoctrination process, that's why they want you to be there so long. Their main mission is to keep you under their control--thought control!

And for all, you don't have to be radical about spreading the word, it's just a process....we all 'woke up' at some time or other but we won't go back to sleep and let the 'plug in drug' be the dominant influence in our lives anymore.

racerzeke
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
I'd check my school rules but the website is down--guess to learn the rules you have to test them out, get it wrong you might just get a detention-dont serve that then you will get a saturday school (can you believe that a school holding students on a weekend).... Wow. It's hard to do well in school because in my eyes it means nothing you know? Just corrupt and stupid... Maybe I'm thinking too much into all of this and I need to go out and do normal teenage activities......... hahaha

camped69
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Have faith people. The collective conscious is awakening.