PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else like the debate?

PimpBlimp
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I saw the debate as a love fest between McCain and Romney destroying each other. This will only help Ron Paul get more supporters who are angered at the establishment candidates.

When asked about the 100 year war comment, Ron Paul knocked it out of the park and got the most applause of the whole night.

And the last part about Ronald Reagen and the gold standard will help people understand that it is a viable alternative to the FED.

Sure he could have gotten more questions but what do you expect when he is only polling at 7% nationally.

libertythor
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
The debate still sucked. Imagine what Ron could have done with EQUAL time!

The post debate was awesome though.

tamor
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
No, I thought the debate was poorly organized with an inept moderator

hummtide
01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
My neighbor who is gay said Anderson Cooper makes gays look bad! LOL!!

bcreps85
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
As usual, I believe that RP did well WHEN he was allowed to speak, which was all too rare. Once again, an other biased debate that made me want to put my head through a wall.

jaybone
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Ron did well, he acted like a statesman when he could have made a stink.
I think they were trying to draw him into acting like a lunatic and it did not work.

thomaspaine23
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
No, I thought the debate was poorly organized with an inept moderator

If the goal was to focus on Mccain and Romney at the expense of Paul, and substantive issues, I'd say he did a helluva good job!

bulloncoins
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
As usual, I believe that RP did well WHEN he was allowed to speak, which was all too rare. Once again, an other biased debate that made me want to put my head through a wall.

Yes, but tonight it became much more obvious to people who I am sure grow sicker of listening to those two tear each other a new one with each debate. It was sooooo obvious, like when Cooper said he would give Dr. Paul a chance to answer that question, in just two questions more, but then totally ignored him.

When they cut him off and went to McCain when asked about Sandra Day O'conner's appointment as a Supreme by Reagan......He was treated with so much blatant disrespect that people had to notice, ....period.

Believe me the other two came off very stupid fighting over who would cut spending more will continuing wars and who could manage a sinking economy better.

Every oportunity Dr. Paul was given he responded well, and acted like a gentleman. His best debate yet.

mudhoney
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Horrible allotment of time, but I came away really happy about it. This is because the two showcase candidates made fools of themselves bickering over quotes, and Ron Paul had an amazing response.

He not only pointed out how stupid it is for them to be going back and forth like that, but he also had the most powerful message about the Iraq war in the same response. Even though I usually cringe when I think about what a normal republican thinks about Ron Paul's stance on Iraq, this particular response made Ron Paul look like he was the only one who truly cared about the issue, and was less concerned about his image on the issue.

voytechs
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Didn't watch it. I only saw 2 YouTube clips (war and economy) and I'm satisfied. When the rest of it comes out, I'll watch that. I'm so much happier, didn't have to get angry or nothing. Plus I can't be replacing my TV every couple of weeks :)

praxisseizure
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I saw the debate as a love fest between McCain and Romney destroying each other. This will only help Ron Paul get more supporters who are angered at the establishment candidates.

When asked about the 100 year war comment, Ron Paul knocked it out of the park and got the most applause of the whole night.

And the last part about Ronald Reagen and the gold standard will help people understand that it is a viable alternative to the FED.

Sure he could have gotten more questions but what do you expect when he is only polling at 7% nationally.

My favorite part was RP's response to the bickering and technicalities comment. Very very good response.

UK4Paul
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I think McCain might have lost a few % points and Ron Paul gained a few from that debate.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:14 PM
it sucked. but you do have a point.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
My favorite part was RP's response to the bickering and technicalities comment. Very very good response.

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing and screaming at the TV "who cares!!!!" then he said that. I love RP.

expatriot
01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
My favorite was Ron Paul's description of how the Presidency is not about management
and how that function is the responsibility of a less-regulated population.

wgadget
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Ron did well, he acted like a statesman when he could have made a stink.
I think they were trying to draw him into acting like a lunatic and it did not work.

Yeah....And speaking of that, Romney and McCain actually looked pretty loony bickering like children for so much of the time. And McCain bragging that he's the best thing since slice bread...Gag me.

And RP called them on it at least twice that I saw.