PDA

View Full Version : Post-Debate Reviews

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Everyone, submit your reviews here, however long they may be.

The first thing I want to do is get this off my chest: stop bringing Reagan up constantly! He wasn't the best president we've ever had, and we aren't electing another Reagan!

McCain, shut up about being a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution. No one cares. Anderson, Reagan's diary is not the Holy Grail. It's not some relic that will make you burst into flame if you're not worthy enough to touch it. And please, don't ask the candidates if Reagan would support them! Don't speak for the dead, you might be dead wrong!

Okay, now for the actual debate.

McCain stunk. He further proved the point that he has no clue what economics are, and the attacks against Romney were unnecessary. That and the fact that he always had to have the final word was driving me nuts. He seldom ansewered questions, but instead chose to beat around the bush by championing his military background.

Romney, while I enjoyed it when he told McCain that he's not the expert on his position, was constantly driving me crazy with his constant arguing. Children shouldn't be allowed at debates - debates are for adults who want to actually fix problems, not argue about who said what years ago.

Huckabee, well, I don't like you, but I'm glad you stood up for Ron Paul and stood against those two kindergarteners on the end. I liked him better in this debate than I have, although his words still consist mostly of jokes and catchy phrases rather than solutions.

As for my hero, Ron Paul, I'm very glad he showed some backbone. Even my mom mentioned that she was glad that he got more aggressive. Thanks a bunch for telling those two loosers off and pointing out their immaturity to them. He got such a lousy deal! They cut him off when he said he wouldn't have endorsed what's-her-name like Ronald Reagan did, refused to let him answer the conservative vs. liberal question, which he specifically wanted to answer, and refused to let him speak even when he was implying that he would like to have a go at the questions. Shame on you, Anderson!

However, Ron Paul knew his positions, he kept on the market issue, and the only question I expected more from was the question dealing with leadership. I think he should've said what he once said, that he's a man who could resist the temptation to take power that a president shouldn't have.

Now, I turned the TV off right after the debate, but I have a sly feeling that CNN is all over the battles between McCain and Romney.

Thoughts? Agree or disagree? What was your take on this crazy debate.

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I forgot to say, I'm glad Ron Paul went to the spin room!

ATS
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
I was expecting more. I thought we could kick off the ads for Super Tuesday with a good, aggressive showing tonight. We didn't get that.

Akus
01-30-2008, 09:21 PM
McCain fought if he was given bullshit, so did Huckabee. Ron Paul did NOT. He should have gone extremely upset and indicate that military supports him more, his grassroots are more powerful then all the other clowns combined and doubled, that he is the closest thing to Ronald Reagan we have today.

He should have called McRomney a bunch of fear mongers. He should have called Huckabee a big government Republican. He should have called names, recalled some of the skeletons in the McRomneybee's closet. He should have called Anderson Cooper on the fact that he is never allowed to talk when he is the most relevant candidate on the stage.

He should have showed some balls. And he didn't. He just doesn't fight and the others do. And may be that's why he is always oversighted.

djelkins
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
This is blatant bias by CNN their commercial should say
CNN = SOAP OPERA now days. To quote another amazingly brilliant man,
A spectacle monopolized
The camera's eyes on choice disguised
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?

When will people wake up?. If you let the corporations run the country any longer they will suck us dry and we will be left with NOTHING.

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I actually thought he was a little more aggressive, and sometimes it looked like he would, but every time he made a move, Anderson shot him down. Several times, he waves his hand for permission for input, but they didn't give him any. Sick.

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 09:42 PM
This is blatant bias by CNN their commercial should say
CNN = SOAP OPERA now days. To quote another amazingly brilliant man,
A spectacle monopolized
The camera's eyes on choice disguised
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?

When will people wake up?. If you let the corporations run the country any longer they will suck us dry and we will be left with NOTHING.

Sorry for the double post (again), but it seems that CNN, Fox, MSNBC, all of them, are nothing but dramatized news. It's entertainment, not journalism.

Brutus
01-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I watched a few clips of Dr. Paul's responses. He was who he always is: rational, logical and right.

The election is a dog and pony show. Dr. Paul is not welcome. He is the ONLY one not reading from the script. His opinions are NOT allowed in polite company (which is why the other candidates can pretty safely smirk at him, knowing that it won't be used against them). The opinions aren't allowed in polite company because polite company benefits from the way things are now. An unbelievably large number of Americans benefit from the welfare/warfare state and scream like stuck pigs if you threaten to even SLOW the flood of goodies.

Freedom is scary, and Americans right now want ANYTHING other than being scared. That is why 9/11 is the perfect stalking horse.

This was always going to be an uphill fight, guys. Liberty is a very rare thing.

RPinUptownChi
01-30-2008, 09:55 PM
McCain fought if he was given bullshit, so did Huckabee. Ron Paul did NOT. He should have gone extremely upset and indicate that military supports him more, his grassroots are more powerful then all the other clowns combined and doubled, that he is the closest thing to Ronald Reagan we have today.

He should have called McRomney a bunch of fear mongers. He should have called Huckabee a big government Republican. He should have called names, recalled some of the skeletons in the McRomneybee's closet. He should have called Anderson Cooper on the fact that he is never allowed to talk when he is the most relevant candidate on the stage.

He should have showed some balls. And he didn't. He just doesn't fight and the others do. And may be that's why he is always oversighted.

it absolutely kills me to say ur pretty much right on here...ron needs to get PISSED OFF! He needs to say, 'I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Network was such a great movie...

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
it absolutely kills me to say ur pretty much right on here...ron needs to get PISSED OFF! He needs to say, 'I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Network was such a great movie...

Agreed.

haaaylee
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
what happened in the spin room? is there a youtube of huckabee sticking up for ron paul??

shooter_tx
01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
what happened in the spin room? is there a youtube of huckabee sticking up for ron paul??
+1. Someone get the Spin Room footage up on YouTube, please. :)