PDA

View Full Version : August 20th debates

rich34
08-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I checked ronpaul2008.com and they have no mention of this debate? I know this might not mean anything just pointing it out.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 01:59 PM
We have been talking about how Ron Paul does not get enough face time - this is certainly true. Well guess what! Lest we forget, in a little over 2 weeks will be another ABC news sponsored event in Reno, Nevada, with only 4 candidates invited (INVITED... they invited Ron.. perhaps they see him as a frontrunner?) - McCain, Giuliani, Romney, and Paul. He will have plenty of time to not only pick apart the other, but to state his own positions clearly. Because there will be only 4 of them, each one will HAVE to be allowed to answer each question. In these large debates, the networks can use the excuse that the field is so large and its hard to get equal time for everyone (of course, we know their bias is toward the "frontrunners"), but when theres only 4, well, Ron HAS to get face time.

Ron Paul Fan
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I forgot about this debate. Have the other frontrunners accepted their invitation?

Joe Knows
08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
We have been talking about how Ron Paul does not get enough face time - this is certainly true. Well guess what! Lest we forget, in a little over 2 weeks will be another ABC news sponsored event in Reno, Nevada, with only 4 candidates invited (INVITED... they invited Ron.. perhaps they see him as a frontrunner?) - McCain, Giuliani, Romney, and Paul. He will have plenty of time to not only pick apart the other, but to state his own positions clearly. Because there will be only 4 of them, each one will HAVE to be allowed to answer each question. In these large debates, the networks can use the excuse that the field is so large and its hard to get equal time for everyone (of course, we know their bias is toward the "frontrunners"), but when theres only 4, well, Ron HAS to get face time.

Is it only four that have been invited or four that have accepted?

spacebetween
08-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Only four invited.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 02:04 PM

Invited. Ron Paul was invited along with the 3 so-called frontrunners. If it had been an invitiation extended to all the other candidates, ill bet Romney and Giuliani would not have been the first ones to accept... and would probably have had some other excuse for not attending. At least Romney can't use the "snowman arguement" to get out of it.

With a good showing at Ames (3rd or 4th would be fine), and domination of this debate, Ron would be thrust into the mainstream, and then his message would sell itself. These next few weeks are CRITICAL! Ron must come through, but so must we.

Bergie Bergeron
08-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Is it going to be televised?

rich34
08-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Abcnews sponsered debate? 2 questions.

Will it be televised and will it be at a decent time for everyone to watch unlike this morning?

brumans
08-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Yes. I'm also wondering if this will be televised. Anyone know?

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Well its co-sponsored by ABC news and it DOES have romney and giuliani. I don't think ABC news would co-sponsor it if they weren't intending to televise it.

Ron Paul Fan
08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6847299

This article says ABC news is co-sponsoring it so I'm guessing it'll be on for all of us to watch and not just locally in Nevada. I'm sure Dr. Paul will accept, but I'm not sure if the others will or not.

ghemminger
08-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Dumb question....Why would they include Ron Paul...MSM has been supressing him:confused:

0zzy
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
This news makes me happy ;). They see him as one of the 4, at least. That's a huge leap from where we were.

freelance
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Maybe they think he can't go head-to-head with the selected candidates. Maybe they're going to change the format a bit so that the other three are allowed to gang up on him. Who knows.

I hope that his staff prepares him for this one, because anything could happen.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Dumb question....Why would they include Ron Paul...MSM has been supressing him:confused:

Because while there are people in higher places who certainly do not want to see Ron Paul succeed or spread his message, the conspiracy that exists is not as vast or as pervasive as some would have you believe. Apparently the brookings institution and UN-R see him as one of the frontrunners (they are the ones who invited him, ABC is just co-sponsoring it and will probably televise it).

I'm sure if it was sponsored fully by a MSM outlet, he would not have been invited as a frontrunner.

Joe Knows
08-05-2007, 02:42 PM

My guess is that they are changing tactics. I believe that they are including Ron because they think he has the potential to split the Republican Party, thus ensuring a Democrat in the White House. (Their groupthink, not mine.)

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I forgot about this debate. Have the other frontrunners accepted their invitation?

Has Dr. Paul accepted the invitation? I hope so. Ever since the campaign didn't get back to the Des Moines Register, I've been concerned about them dropping things.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure they've all accepted. At least, the articles i've been reading seem to imply that. They talk about how only Bill Richardson has accepted the democratic invitation, but then simply states that mccain, giuliani, romney, and paul will debate 2 days before. Maybe i'm reading too much into it.

BenIsForRon
08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I really hope it's Just Paul and the other "top three". If it is only four then Ron Paul will wipe the floor with them. I really hope it's televised.

ghemminger
08-05-2007, 03:18 PM
My guess is that they are changing tactics. I believe that they are including Ron because they think he has the potential to split the Republican Party, thus ensuring a Democrat in the White House. (Their groupthink, not mine.)

Ok..lost my bearing for a sec...now I understand...MSM intentions are never good...hopefully it will work in our favor...:)

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 03:20 PM
It is University of nevada and the brookings institution that are HOST the event. THEY send out the invitations. ABC will probably just attach its name on so it can televise the event.

Buzz
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Bump. I was wondering where this topic went...

lapi7
08-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Yes...this is like a chess match to the MSM...very insightful reasoning.

Lord Xar
08-06-2007, 12:07 AM
please, please, please.. prepare Ron Paul for this debate.

One thing --- RON SHOULD LEARN TO SPEAK MORE FORCEFULL IN THE REVOLUTION THAT IS THIS MOVEMENT. TO COME FORWARD AS A KNIGHT GLAD IN ARMOUR --- I AM SERIOUS. THIS GUY NEEDS SOME COACHING. HOW TO ATTACK. HOW TO PARRY. THIS IS ONE THING HE NEEDS ---- and of course, to speak more forcefully on illegal immigration (couldn't help myself).

Also, I find that when he is attacked he sorta clams up - like he is sorta shellshocked... he needs to say "what! you betta take a step back.." he needs to get gangsta!

bygone
08-06-2007, 02:07 AM
With Respect, Lord Xar... I disagree.

If you haven't attained true clear vision, this causes you to lapse into extremes, so that you lose contact with reality.
--Zen Master Yuanwu

I think he can chop wood and carry water quite well. He just needs to be a little more comfortable (sure of himself) and assertive.

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 06:07 AM
please, please, please.. prepare Ron Paul for this debate.

One thing --- RON SHOULD LEARN TO SPEAK MORE FORCEFULL IN THE REVOLUTION THAT IS THIS MOVEMENT. TO COME FORWARD AS A KNIGHT GLAD IN ARMOUR --- I AM SERIOUS. THIS GUY NEEDS SOME COACHING. HOW TO ATTACK. HOW TO PARRY. THIS IS ONE THING HE NEEDS ---- and of course, to speak more forcefully on illegal immigration (couldn't help myself).

Also, I find that when he is attacked he sorta clams up - like he is sorta shellshocked... he needs to say "what! you betta take a step back.." he needs to get gangsta!

I agree. Isn't he the only one who isn't a lawyer? They have a lot of experience, debating.

The constant interruption he receives has got to be hard. How can you keep your train of thought? The front-runners are allowed to just drone on and on at will.

Lois
08-06-2007, 06:11 AM
I don't want to make Ron Paul into a phony political clone like all the top tiers. Let him be himself -- he's perfect the way he is.

CJLauderdale4
08-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Ron Paul must be prepared, yet he must also be careful.

THE BAD:
As I said in a previous thread, I feel that Rudy McRomney is going to setup Ron Paul eventually, twisting his words into a 5 second "you should have never have said that" moment that may cause all would-be neo-con converts to vote Rudy McRomney.

THE GOOD:
These guys are all the same. Ron is the only one different. Ron is the brightest candidate and Rudy McRomney has the most to lose (like McCain's $$$ last quarter). If Ron is allowed to speak, I honestly think he should challenge specific ideas:

- How do these other guys plan to pay for their continued war, which isn't legally declared, WITHOUT raising taxes? Print more money??
- If we do invade Iran as these other guys have said they are considering, how will we defend our borders with the need for more troops? Are they going to call up a draft, something I believe is unconstitutional in the first place?

etc., etc...

HE MUST CALL THESE GUYS TO FLOOR ON THESE IDEAS!!

As Ron has said, these ideas are all intertwined and are not standalone - they impact each other, and must be used that way!!

Bro.Butch
08-06-2007, 06:50 AM
This thread has an incorrect topic post.

IT'S a FORUM not a debate. Two completely different things. If won't be televised nationally unless a cable station shows an edited version.

A forum allows candidates to appear individually in front of a group of voters and answer similar questions, It's NOT a debate.

Do hope RP can make it, I think I saw somewhere NV is one of the first 5 states to hold a primary/caucus.

Don't get giddy just yet, the MSM isn't now or anytime in the future going to help to get RP elected ! And I'll bet anyone of you my little farm here that the Brookings Inst. sure AS HXLL won't help Ron Paul be the POTUS, they are just a mouthpiece for the MIC. If they are in charge of this, RP better be rested and ready cuase it's probably a setup! The quicker we realize that the military industrial complex(MIC) opposes RP and his message, the quicker we stop being frustrated over their lackeys the MSM Job so far or in the future.

Grassroot activism, local media & paid advertisement is how RP wins.

*Whenever RP is within 200 miles of us we need to make sure all local media to the event is notified and invited to the event(s). Help RP HQ out by inviting all the local media, they could miss some of them. We can get a lot of Positive coverage from local media.

*Join a local RP meetup and make sure the meetup distributes RP tri-folds &/or slimjims door to door in your cities neighborhoods. If no meetup close by, get copies and distribute them door to door in your town on your own...

*Try to give something to the RP campaign EACH PAYDAY, a small amount can add up if done each payday and means ads for RP. The 3 ways to win. We can do it !

The big boys aren't going to help us, they have their candidates, even Gravel knows that-LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCd9hDIIVU&NR=1
Gravel Gives the $100 Million ANSWER !!! (2:02):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLRWiqNsnY&NR=1
The News DEFINERS (4:32) :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIKqktiVBvY&NR=1
ROCKEFELLER THANKS HIS PARTNERS IN CRIME:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5CZvD3-QM
Wake Up 2008-Oppose these Candidates:)

By the way Republican Presidents have run up more deficits and expanded gov't more than Democrats. It is a provable fact that you always get more conservative government under a Democratic President. I know some of you don't like to hear that but it's a fact. The Republicans "talk" a good game, but they don't delivery. I think RP would be an exception to the rule...