PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street Journal tomorrow - ad saying Fort Knox is empty

jonahtrainer
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Make sure you pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal tomorrow.

Also, join the Ron Paul Gold Rush (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1iVZwpxdg).

ItsTime
01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
can we get a preview of the ad? Thanks for the video, so far so good

garrettwombat
01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
shit... guys this is scary stuff right here... if the gold is gone we have already lost the battle with the fed...

you guys dont know how freaked out i am right now if this is right.

spiteface
01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Who cares, the gold was stolen from the people already. Not like we are going to give it back or anything. All it was for was so that the government could continue operating in case of complete meltdown of the monetary system.

PatriotG
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
shit... guys this is scary stuff right here... if the gold is gone we have already lost the battle with the fed...

you guys dont know how freaked out i am right now if this is right.

Posted this yesterday, it touches on this subject.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104697

SigurdVolsung
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
So would that mean we couldnt go back to a gold standard even if we wanted to since we have no gold to peg the dollar to?

Also would that mean our currency really is just paper now with absolutely no actual currency backing?

jonahtrainer
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
can we get a preview of the ad? Thanks for the video, so far so good

Here is a preview (http://www.runtogold.com/Run_To_Gold/Contribute/Entries/2008/1/23_GATA’s_WSJ_ad.html).

garrettwombat
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
i mean i knew it wasnt accounted for.. and i knew it may be gone... but officially? its gone and not somewhere else?

guys this means we will never have sound money...

hyperinflation is going to happen in our current system... we will have nothing to fall back on...

buy gold now... buy buy buy, shits about to happen real quick.

SigurdVolsung
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
I cant believe I was right...I told my dad 3 years ago about the currency issue and to start buying gold. We have about 200 ounces now, Im gonna tell him to grab

some more before the price really sky rockets.

jonahtrainer
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
So would that mean we couldnt go back to a gold standard even if we wanted to since we have no gold to peg the dollar to?

Also would that mean our currency really is just paper now with absolutely no actual currency backing?

You know how Ron Paul says, "We are bankrupt." He means it. Not only do we have a debased currency that is going to become worthless but we also don't have any gold in reserves as it has all been sold into the market and bought by Russia and China.

For example, at the current gold price the current account deficit would mean we would need to send 1.2 Billion ounces of gold per year to China. 1.2 Billion ounces is 37,500 tons. The US claims to have 28,000 tons of gold .... of course it has not been audited in over 50 years.

So long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live below our means. There is going to be a radical and extreme shift in the standard of living of the average American.

Joel High
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I was sharing Ron Paul with some one I work with. She was amazed and shocked when I told her that our dollar is not backed by gold anymore. It's a shame that this is such a secret to the American people.

reaver
This doesn't sound right at all. I'm in the security field and everything I've known about Fort Knox points the to gold still being there and being audited bi-annually by independent organizations. Sure there isn't near as much as there was during the 60's but I'm pretty sure it's still there.

Agora
Make sure you pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal tomorrow.

Also, join the Ron Paul Gold Rush (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1iVZwpxdg).

looking forward :D

JuniorNJ
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Good thing I've been slowly purchasing gold...hopefully it will help.

spiteface
01-30-2008, 09:20 PM

Um, fiat dollars have been completely unbacked since '71.

jonahtrainer
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
This doesn't sound right at all. I'm in the security field and everything I've known about Fort Knox points the to gold still being there and being audited bi-annually by independent organizations. Sure there isn't near as much as there was during the 60's but I'm pretty sure it's still there.

GATA already cracked the central bank manipulation. As Landis (law degree from Harvard) says, "The case is pretty well cracked. Anyone who denies it is either complicit or ignorant."

Now GATA has turned their cites towards the US Treasury and other Western nations. We are in for some major shakeups. For example, KPMG audits the paper of the gold reserves but not the actual gold. I wonder if they write a lax opinion so they don't keep getting in trouble with the DoJ for tax advice to clients?

As I've been saying since the start of the year 'the tectonic plates of the world financial system are shifting in a big way.'

jonahtrainer
01-30-2008, 09:26 PM
bump

Crickett
01-30-2008, 09:28 PM
GATA already cracked the central bank manipulation. As Landis (law degree from Harvard) says, "The case is pretty well cracked. Anyone who denies it is either complicit or ignorant."

Now GATA has turned their cites towards the US Treasury and other Western nations. We are in for some major shakeups. For example, KPMG audits the paper of the gold reserves but not the actual gold. I wonder if they write a lax opinion so they don't keep getting in trouble with the DoJ for tax advice to clients?

As I've been saying since the start of the year 'the tectonic plates of the world financial system are shifting in a big way.'

Well why don't the endorse RP for President???????????

Xyrus2
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM

I believe we still have a fair amount of silver around. The other option, of course, is to implement a transition plan to replenish the stores.

~X~

markj
01-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I got me two of these beauties!

http://www.pcsincnet.com/MyRonPaulSilverRoundFront.jpg
http://www.pcsincnet.com/MyRonPaulSilverRoundBack.jpg

jhabers
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
In all seriousness, I have about 20k cash in a bank account. Not really too educated in the stock market. I have a few questions

1. How would I go about buying gold, do i buy it and put it under my mattress or is it like a stock, and if so where do I buy it?

2. Would you recommend I take all 20K and put it in gold?

Thanks, very concerned after reading this

Jon

madRazor
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
In all seriousness, I have about 20k cash in a bank account. Not really too educated in the stock market. I have a few questions

1. How would I go about buying gold, do i buy it and put it under my mattress or is it like a stock, and if so where do I buy it?

Jon

I just got me some at the Perth Mint in Australia. One of the agents in the US is Euro Pacific Capital, whose founder Peter Schiff is a friend of the campaign. Check out the Perth Mint certificate program.

swisstiger
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Here is the link to the add - just scroll down:

http://www.gata.org/node/wallstreetjournal

Pii
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM

If you decide to buy gold, there are a few ways to do it. The easiest is to accumulate it in the form of Gold Bullion coins like U.S. Buffaloes, Canadian Maples, or South African Krugerrands. Alternatively, you can get it in the form of bullion bars (Credit Suisse, PAMP Suisse, and a number of other popular issues). You can usually get coins at local coin dealers.

You can also buy online from a number of locations, like Monex, Kitco, or countless other places. You will pay a premium, especially on coins. You generally pay the gold spot price, plus a percentage. The percentages on bullion coins is generally higher than on bars. Shop around at a number of dealers to minimize this commission cost.

You also have a choice about whether to have it delivered to you, or held at a secure facility. Personally, I would prefer to take possession... If the fabric of society comes apart, I would rather have it in hand than in someone else's vault. Your own safe deposit box would be a good place to store it.

As for whether or not to cash your whole savings in, that's a question only you can answer.

While everything we know about the economy and the dollar suggest that gold appears to be both a good hedge against disaster, or perhaps even good as a speculative investment, weird stuff happens, particularly if you believe that the central banks have been manipulating the gold markets.

You could end up on the wrong side of that... Now, half your dough? Maybe that's worth considering.

SigurdVolsung
01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
This might be hearsay but I heard the bad thing about bullion bars as opposed to coins is that the government has the right to confiscate bullion but not coins.

N13
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
No Big Surprise.

Ronald Regan had Ft. Knox audited to find out how much gold the US had in the 80's. He was not pleased to find out that our balance was zero.

Suzu
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM

You can buy through OmniPay.com and store it in e-gold.com or goldmoney.com - that's what I would do.

Pii
01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
This might be hearsay but I heard the bad thing about bullion bars as opposed to coins is that the government has the right to confiscate bullion but not coins.

This assumes that the government is aware that you have bullion bars... I don't know why they would.

We're not talking about 30 lb. bars... You can buy then in weights measuring from a single gram, to bars the size you'd find in the Die Hard movie.

SigurdVolsung
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
This assumes that the government is aware that you have bullion bars... I don't know why they would.

We're not talking about 30 lb. bars... You can buy then in weights measuring from a single gram, to bars the size you'd find in the Die Hard movie.

They wouldn't have records of your transactions? I don't think you pay taxes or anything but do you have to declare it?

Pii
01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
They wouldn't have records of your transactions? I don't think you pay taxes or anything but do you have to declare it?

If, hypothetically, I were to buy gold in any quantity, I certainly wouldn't declare it. I wouldn't even know how.

Take a look on eBay... Do you think those gold transactions are being recorded? Swap meets? Cash transactions at coin dealers?

Near as I can tell, you aren't even "buying" anything. You are essentially bartering two items of equal value (at this moment in time).

literatim
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM

We would have to seize all the assets of the Fed.

torchbearer
01-30-2008, 11:00 PM
We would have to seize all the assets of the Fed.

I cleaned my pitchfork this morning.... time for an uprising.