Paulitics08
01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Best line of the night...

brumans
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Actually it was "Reagan campaigned for me."

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
He really underlined his old-school conservative "credentials" (to use a McCainism) there.

axiomata
01-30-2008, 09:05 PM
He should have said: "While McCain was a foot-soldier in the Reagan Revolution Reagan himself was campaigning for me."

It was a good line. I just don't know if he said it poignantly enough for it to sink in.

cmc
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Ron rarely mentions the other candidates by name at debates (has he ever?).

tonyr1988
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Ron rarely mentions the other candidates by name at debates (has he ever?).
At most, he has said "a former Mayor," and I don't think it was during a debate.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
He should have said: "While McCain was a foot-soldier in the Reagan Revolution Reagan himself was campaigning for me."

It was a good line. I just don't know if he said it poignantly enough for it to sink in.

Nope, he said it with little enthusiasm...this debate will probably be RP's last, and he went down without a fight.

0zzy
01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Nope, he said it with little enthusiasm...this debate will probably be RP's last, and he went down without a fight.

Oh bull crap. Plus he will be in MTV/MySpace debate.

tonyr1988
01-30-2008, 09:12 PM

What?!?

Did you see the war question? His body language was amazing - he owned the space. He looked straight at Romney and McCain - Romney had a little bit of eye contact, McCain had none.

The only problem was lack of time. If Ron went crazy and started yelling, it wouldn't look good. It didn't look good when Tancredo used to whine about lack of time, and even Huckabee's sugar-coated whining was unproductive and looked tacky.

rockandrollsouls
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
why would it be his last? he only looks better when there are less people up there in my opinion

theantirobot
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh bull crap. Plus he will be in MTV/MySpace debate.

Are yo sure about that? I read earlier he would not be. That was before rudy dropped out. Is he invited now?

Trigonx
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Ask people who are not RP supporters who saw the debate what they thought of the debate. Your not gonna get an outsider view in a Ron Paul Forums. Personally with the time he got he did exceptionally well and looked Presidential unlike the bickering between McCain and Romney.

bobmurph
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Are yo sure about that? I read earlier he would not be. That was before rudy dropped out. Is he invited now?

He is in. In fact, he was invited before Rudy dropped out.

0zzy
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM

Yep, it's on the MySpace site, edwards and rudy are out, Paul in. They said since all the emails from young voters, they will include him. Now we must tell the campaign.

Goldwater Conservative
01-30-2008, 09:28 PM

He was included before either Edwards or Giuliani dropped out. Probably because of us. :)

Opulen
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Yes he is invited :)

bobmurph
01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Ask people who are not RP supporters who saw the debate what they thought of the debate. Your not gonna get an outsider view in a Ron Paul Forums. Personally with the time he got he did exceptionally well and looked Presidential unlike the bickering between McCain and Romney.

My roommate worked in local GOP politics for several years after college. He likes RP on the issues, but isn't an avid supporter. He just watches this race from a distance w/o any vested interest in any particular candidate, except for his disdain for John McCain. Tonight was the most fired up I've seen him about Ron Paul. I was watching the debate in my room and twice he came back to my room fired up about Ron Paul after he got a chance to speak. He really liked when RP called out Romney/McCain for their bickering match. Ron did well when he had an opportunity to speak, unfortunately those instances were too few and far between.

newyearsrevolution08
01-30-2008, 09:35 PM
a well entrenched troll amongst us or someone just losing hope?