PDA

View Full Version : Was Huck used as a pawn against Ron Paul?

HollyforRP
01-30-2008, 08:49 PM
I think Huck was used as a pawn to deliberatly take Ron Paul's ideas, pass them off as his own to make Ron Paul seem less unique and individual for further discrediting of Ron Paul and his talks about the constitution.

Does anyone have proof that Huck has never subscribed to what he talks about now?

Now that it's down to four candidates, Huck is getting the Ron Paul treatment. I wonder what this is all about.

So can anyone post Huckabee's positions prior to running for president because I feel he's trying to copy Ron Paul's stances a little too much and I think he was just used as a pawn but I don't know this for a fact.

Anyone?

jsu718
01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Once Huck is out it will be down to just Dr. Paul anyway.

HollyforRP
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I asked a question.

clouds
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Or perhaps he was used so that people wouldn't say ron was the only one excluded.

PaultheSaint
01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I think Huck was used as a pawn to deliberatly take Ron Paul's ideas, pass them off as his own to make Ron Paul seem less unique and individual for further discrediting of Ron Paul and his talks about the constitution.

Does anyone have proof that Huck has never subscribed to what he talks about now?

Now that it's down to four candidates, Huck is getting the Ron Paul treatment. I wonder what this is all about.

So can anyone post Huckabee's positions prior to running for president because I feel he's trying to copy Ron Paul's stances a little too much and I think he was just used as a pawn but I don't know this for a fact.

Anyone?

YES!!!

I said this earlier in another thread. It's exactly what he was USED for. So transparent.

Drknows
01-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Huck sucked ass at the debate didnt you see everyone laughing at him when was talking about building roads to stimulate the economy?

Haha

I was hoping Ron Paul would jump in say so Huck you plan on building roads all over America to solve the problem of inflation? hmm ok.

Seriously Huck looked like a big loser sure he had some zingers But whne hes running on the same policy as Mccain and Romney he just looks like 3rd tier.

Its all about contrast people!! Ron Paul is the only one with different ideas and about real change.

BarryDonegan
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
no he was used by the old media and the establishment to hold a carrot over the stick for social conservatives.

look for him to be a VP for whoever so they can give the impression the new pres will fight against abortion, while quietly being a pro-choice candidate.

they know that if the wrong guy is elected the social conservative vote is gone.

though, if that happened it would be cool to see buchanan/paul run together on a merger of several 3rd parties, thats a potential winner as a true republican party of old.

bobo37
01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes I notced in the last debate that he was stealing his positions

Aphelion27
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Huck sucked ass at the debate didnt you see everyone laughing at him when was talking about building roads to stimulate the economy?

Haha

I was hoping Ron Paul would jump in say so Huck you plan on building roads all over America to solve the problem of inflation? hmm ok.

Seriously Huck looked like a big loser sure he had some zingers But whne hes running on the same policy as Mccain and Romney he just looks like 3rd tier.

Its all about contrast people!! Ron Paul is the only one with different ideas and about real change.

Actually...

If the monetary policy is sound with the government issuing the money, building roads is the way you stimulate the economy... The government prints the money and then spends it to build something durable. So instead of having Nothing to show for the printed money you have something that will stimulate trade, such as a road or bridge or even a school. The people that get first use of the money are the people who built the bridge/road/school.

See.. National interstate highway system and the Hoover Dam..

The problem is that we don't have a sound monetary system and the government will have to borrow the money from the Federal Reserve.

Keith

TER
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Huckabee has learned more about presidential ideals listening to Ron Paul during debates than at any other time in his life. At least he can agree with them, unlike the war monger and the poser.

BarryDonegan
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
i don't agree with you on public roads. I don't personally agree with public roads at all. i think if you got rid of the fourteenth ammendment rulings that allow corporations to exist as for profit, people with the same rights as an individual, the monopoly of corporations would die off. once the corporate monopolies died off, you could allow privatization of the roads(by private landowners), which would allow for true stimulation of the economy.

something we haven't thought about, all this talk of energy independance, etc, is moot, bc of government involvement in transportation, there has been an overemphasis on wheeled motorized transit. we could've shifted to aerial vehicles(much more practical mode of transit, space-wise) by now for all we know if the government wasn't fiddling with the market.

synthetic
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
In a post-debate discussion on FOX, Huck said his goal was to take as many supporters away from RP as possible.

tomveil
He's hoping for a VP spot.

Drknows
Actually...

If the monetary policy is sound with the government issuing the money, building roads is the way you stimulate the economy... The government prints the money and then spends it to build something durable. So instead of having Nothing to show for the printed money you have something that will stimulate trade, such as a road or bridge or even a school. The people that get first use of the money are the people who built the bridge/road/school.

See.. National interstate highway system and the Hoover Dam..

The problem is that we don't have a sound monetary system and the government will have to borrow the money from the Federal Reserve.

Keith

You build roads when you need them you just dont start building roads clear across america. Its the states job to build roads within their state if they need them.

Its not the federal governments job to come into your state and say You put a road here and there. BRIDGE TO NOWHERE. If the economy requires it in your state get your governor on the phone.

I could see if this was 1900 and we needed roads from new york to cali. But we have plenty of roads many go unmanaged now.

tomveil
In a post-debate discussion on FOX, Huck said his goal was to take as many supporters away from RP as possible.

Youtube or it didn't happen.

TER
01-30-2008, 09:20 PM

is this true?

Drknows
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM

Never going to happen.

synthetic
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Youtube or it didn't happen.

He said it on Hannity and Colmes. You know how they interview each candidate after a debate. It wasn't as dramatic as my post might have made it sound. But he comes out and targets RP saying he wants to take those votes. I'm sure its on Youtube somewhere. Its not worth digging it up though. It was obvious for months Huck was there to take Rons talking points. He was placed next to Ron in almost every debate for shared camera time. One rarely got a question during a debate without the other being asked immediately after. The purpose was always to minimize Ron's message with a "competing" voice.

HollyforRP
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I think he arrogantly believes in his lies.

I've noticed Huck supporters trying to do the whole "you should respect Huck" in order to get us to go to his base. Why the hell do we want a prsident that can't even come up with his own platform?

He's there for a diversion. We need to expose this because I don't recall Huckabee even speaking about the constitution or money borrowed from China before his debate with Ron Paul.

It's as if the fake preacher met someone with a good mind and soul and decided to mirror that person because he himself should be more like that person.

clouds
01-30-2008, 09:37 PM
his own campaign admits he is always seeking approval.

jcarcinogen
01-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Exactly. Thats why he's not going to drop out until the GOP locks a candidate.

Energy
01-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Earlier on, I think the media and establishment propped Huckabee up in an attempt to dilute Paul's momentum online and off (meetups), especially after the success of November 5.

Jodi
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Anyone?

Check out the first debates and you will see.

Goldwater Conservative
01-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Huckabee has learned more about presidential ideals listening to Ron Paul during debates than at any other time in his life. At least he can agree with them, unlike the war monger and the poser.

Huck's campaign is just an excuse for him to get an education above the level of Bible college, and he gets other people to pay for it. :D

Earlier on, I think the media and establishment propped Huckabee up in an attempt to dilute Paul's momentum online and off (meetups), especially after the success of November 5.

Interestingly, Huckmania didn't start until October at the earliest, and really didn't hit its stride (challenging Romney in Iowa polls) until November. Strange how that coincided with Paul proving his viability with his Q3 numbers and then with 11/5.

Virginia Martin
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
It is good when other candidates steal Dr. Paul's position. That does not hurt Dr. Paul nor does it hurt us. Indeed, his ideas will live long after the campaign is over.

I think Ron Paul is planting seeds. The crop will grow. It may not seem like it now, but the things Dr. Paul is saying will not be defeated. He has started a revolution.

thomaseusin
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Who knows, maybe Huck was setting himself up to endorse RP after Super Tuesday?

romeo2
01-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Who knows, maybe Huck was setting himself up to endorse RP after Super Tuesday?

wouldnt that be something

jcarcinogen
02-03-2008, 02:58 AM
It is good when other candidates steal Dr. Paul's position. That does not hurt Dr. Paul nor does it hurt us. Indeed, his ideas will live long after the campaign is over.

I think Ron Paul is planting seeds. The crop will grow. It may not seem like it now, but the things Dr. Paul is saying will not be defeated. He has started a revolution.

It's quotes like these that stop a movement. People said the Same thing when Barry Goldwater lost in '64 and look where we are now. No 'crop grew'. Do you really think if we allow the government to get even bigger that the dog and pony shows won't just get more elaborate? Also I personally don't think America's economy can survive until 2013.

Rather than hoping for some future messiah or some future movement, we should take a quote from one of Dr. Paul's heroes MLK. "The urgency of now."

Menthol Patch
02-03-2008, 08:35 AM

Anyone?

The only reason Huckabee was supported by the mainstream media was to distract people from Ron Paul.

Thomas Paine
02-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Mike Huckabee couldn't come up with an original idea on his own if his life depended on it.

DAFTEK
02-03-2008, 11:06 AM
He is on CNN now HE WANTS VP With MCWAR! I lost all respect for the Huckster :mad:

Crickett
02-03-2008, 12:01 PM
He is horrible. I am sure no one in the GOP would consider running with him. He has a criminal record in this state. Indicted 14 times while governor. I will tell you what is going to happen. If his fundraising does not increase dramatically, Huck will bow out with over $5 mill in his campaign coffers, so that he can use the money for himself. Sure that is illegal, but he did it plenty in AR and out of 14 times he was caught, he was only convicted 5 times, and he got small fines for the convictions, so he always came out ahead.

HollyforRP
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
He is on CNN now HE WANTS VP With MCWAR! I lost all respect for the Huckster :mad:

and that is proof enough for me.

HollyforRP
02-03-2008, 03:22 PM
The only reason Huckabee was supported by the mainstream media was to distract people from Ron Paul.

I agree and in some cases it worked considering I met a few people who when asked about Huckabee "Oh he's the guy who wants to put a stop to the war, end the IRS and no income tax" and they thought Ron Paul was just about lowering taxes.

I was NOT amused.

Paul4Prez
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Huckabee is being used as a pawn by John McCain, to split the conservative vote between Romney, Huckabee, and Paul, giving McCain the nomination of the Republican Party, even though two thirds of the party can't stand him.

If Huckabee sounds more and more like Ron Paul every week, it's because he's learning from him during the debates, and trying to inspire grassroots support like Ron Paul has, and perhaps scoop up some of Ron Paul's support if he drops out first. It looks like we will outlast Huck at this rate, though.