PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice the tactic of the nine?

shrugged0106
08-05-2007, 12:31 PM
so.....am I the first one back? What caused the site to go down?

Perry
08-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I think Ron Paul did just okay. I don't like him using the word "illegal" to describe the Iraq war. I think that may be a turn off to some voters unless they understand what he means. I wish he would have used "policing the world" more and reiterated how much it is costing us.

Ron Pauls weak point in general is that he makes comments that because of his education HE understands and these ideas seem obvious to him. However the general public doesn't have a clue about the detailed beginnings of the civil war or WWII. They know what they learned in high school and on the history channel.

Perry
08-05-2007, 01:03 PM
"Don't respond to, recognize or look at Ron Paul!"

Nobody responded to Paul. When he made a statement instead of responding to Paul as they would each other, they would respond to George Stephanopoulos. I anticipated this and unfortunately it worked well for "The nine". I think Paul also recognized this which is why he stated that he regretted not standing up and speaking out more(louder) for liberty & freedom.
I think he realized very quickly that they verbally placed him "off in a corner" virtually ignoring him and therefor keeping the real debate out of the debate.

Ron Paul Fan
08-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, Romney did interject with his 9/11 comment. Basically when Giuliani did confront him it made Ron Paul even more popular and it's probably in their best interest to ignore him until we get down to fewer candidates and they'll probably have to address him.

disinter
08-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, here is the clip:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3958

Quantumystic
08-05-2007, 01:11 PM
NOT.

Romney tried to throw The Doctor under the bus with a stupid "You never heard about 9/11?", but it backfired. And Giuliani couldn't STOP looking at Paul. Huckabee even tossed RP a couple smiles when RP had the follow up on a question asked to Huckabee.

MORE importantly, almost ALL the "Nine" have adjusted their responses to to align much more closely to Paul on a number of the issues... especially Taxes and the IRS. Romney even parroted "We'd ALL love to get rid of the IRS".

THAT is Pure Paul, and NONE of them would've ever said that if it was NOT resounding w/ the public.

Even the Left Gate-Keepeers over at HuffPo live-blogged it this way:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-neffinger-drew-westen-and-rachel-sklar/gop-des-moines-debate-liv_b_59183.html

JOHN:Ron Paul is not only animatedly saying we should get out of Iraq -- he is getting whoops of unbridled enthusiasm from this Republican primary audience for it. This party is in trouble.

DREW: Ron Paul got a lot of applause for his line about how our troops ought to "just come home." Is this a Democratic or Republican primary? We're really seeing here the fault lines of what has happened when the conservatives have held complete power for several years, actualized their goals, and now we're seeing what they really want and really do when they govern. If Democrats have any sense in the next election, they will make sure that every Republican who has rubberstamped George W. Bush--which is virtually every one of them who is currently in office--is tied to what he has done domestically and internationally.

RACHEL: Yes, but it was not altogether a fair swipe — the Dems aren't even pausing to say thank you? Tsk. Honestly, I think Ron Paul is the one to watch these days. The line between the Internet and the so-called "real" world blurs more every day, and he is a juggernaut there. And those were real cheers.

1000-points-of-fright
08-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, Romney did interject with his 9/11 comment.

Yeah, when Romney asked if Ron had forgotten about 9/11, RP should have nailed him by asking if Romney had forgotten about all of world history prior to 9/11.

Romney (I think) aslo said something like "We were over here not bothering anybody". That would have been a good opportunity for a quick history lesson.

MozoVote
08-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Paul isn't going away. Even if he's not collecting many delegates, I'm sure he'll stay in the race through Tsunami Tusday at least, and keep pecking at his message that the party has strayed from principle. The other fakes will have to keep gritting their teeth.

Perry
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
That's right Romney did react that one time. The point still stands i think. It was obvious their objective was to ignore Paul.

Perry
08-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Paul isn't going away. Even if he's not collecting many delegates, I'm sure he'll stay in the race through Tsunami Tusday at least, and keep pecking at his message that the party has strayed from principle. The other fakes will have to keep gritting their teeth.

I absolutely cannot wait until these things get down to just five or so candidates. Then Paul will begin the process of tearing down the spin with logic!

Mesogen
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Yes, I've noticed that they are trying to steal some thunder from Paul by matching some of his rhetoric.

I noticed that they will try to couch their positions in terms of liberty and small government. It's amazing that Paul is having that effect.

But I don't want voters out there to be confused. Coming from the others, it's just talk. Coming from Paul it's real, and it's what he plans to do as president.

I hope people out there can see through this strategy of the other candidates.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 01:46 PM
This is probably the last of the debates, isn't it?

I'm worried right now. I usually feel pretty good about this campaign, as David against Goliath. But ABC was exercising their muscle today, making Ron Paul appear insignificant by continually skipping him. How, praytell, HOW can we go up against the MSM behemoth? Most people are irresponsible enough to let ABC et al spoonfeed them their news.

Wish I could be down in Iowa this week, going door-to door with y'all. I still have a few DVDs to get out, then I suppose I will get back on the phone-calling. Despite being a little down, we cannot let them get away with this. So we'll have to work ten times as hard as the fake frontrunners. We'll just do it.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 01:48 PM
This is probably the last of the debates, isn't it?

Not at all! Theres a TON between now and january. As long as Dr. Paul in front of the rest of the 2nd tier, he should be fine. Hes one of only four candidates invited to the August 20th Reno, Nevada debate. He should get plenty of face time to actually pick apart the bullshit of giuliani, romney, and mccain (the other ones invited). I'm REALLY looking forward to that. Then theres the cnn-youtube debate, 2 new hampshire debates, a florida debate, an Ames Iowa debate in november, then about 2 months of nothing (but the upcoming primaries will be all over the media, and people will actually be interested in politics... right now its too early for most to start paying attention) a january 5th debate, and a january 30th debate.

Perry
08-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm worried right now.

Keep your chin up. Paul is going to shock the nation at Ames.:)

scrosnoe
08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Don't be discouraged all, the debates is not Ron Paul's venue, but somehow the people are getting the message and he is in it for the long haul and so are we. We will keep shaking the dust off our feet and marching forward.

Actually being a bit under the radar at this point allows us to organize and grow and turn ourselves literally into the Republican party. Replace not capture is becoming a reality in our midst. Stay on message and talk to everyone you meet about Ron Paul.

I just got off the phone with an activist in the Dallas area who is a natural alignment for us, but says she has been so busy she doesn't know enough this time yet. So I filled her in on a few things and said call me back when she was ready to help. Additionally we need to stand by and be ready to pick up the Huckabee and Tancredo camps when they fade away.

So keep marching and doing all the creative things you are doing and picking them up as they falter and telling them we know the way, come go with us!:)

Paulitician
08-05-2007, 02:04 PM
You mean "the eight," or are you including George Stephanopoulos with them too?

Perry
08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
You mean "the eight," or are you including George Stephanopoulos with them too?

Sorry "the eight". :D

Joe Knows
08-05-2007, 02:16 PM
"Don't respond to, recognize or look at Ron Paul!"

Nobody responded to Paul. When he made a statement instead of responding to Paul as they would each other, they would respond to George Stephanopoulos. I anticipated this and unfortunately it worked well for "The nine". I think Paul also recognized this which is why he stated that he regretted not standing up and speaking out more(louder) for liberty & freedom.
I think he realized very quickly that they verbally placed him "off in a corner" virtually ignoring him and therefor keeping the real debate out of the debate.

I just watched the debate on my DVR. Here are a few of my observations. I tried to look at the debate being impartial, which of course I am not. It looked to me like George Stephanopolous was trying to do a hatchet job on Dr. Paul. I think it was pretty apparent of the face time each candidate was awarded. I think he purposely asked Dr. Paul about the war in Iraq knowing that this is his weakest issue within the Republican party. He even gave Dr. Paul some extra face time on this question in order to respond to the others. He probably figured that it would hurt. I think he was genuinely surprised by the cheering, however the cameras cut to show him with an expression of disgust for just an instant.

The questions on the issues that Dr. Paul owns were skipped over. Dr. Paul should have been allowed to talk about health care. George S. omitted him from the question about the IRS. The debate was about what kind of tax we should have. Dr. Paul would have said the dabate should be about having income tax at all.

I was continually amazed at the other candidates. It was pretty obvious to me that they are watching Dr. Paul. Most of the candidates included a little Ron Paul rhetoric in their answers. I look forward to the debates being whittled down and Ron telling the others he is glad they are agreeing with him on some of the issues.

The other candidates basically said what they wanted to do, but would not tell you how they are going to do it. Ron Paul is consistent and will tell you exactly what he will do. And that is what separates him from the others.

All in all I think it was a positive.

foofighter20x
08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
LOL

Why is it that my first thought when you said "the nine" was this?

http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/ringwraiths/pictures/ringwraiths1.jpg

freelance
08-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Most of the candidates included a little Ron Paul rhetoric in their answers.

Yes, they did. And, it doesn't come of genuine. Accept no substitutes!

shadowhooch
08-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Actually, I think Stephanopolous did Ron Paul some favors....letting him lead off on the Iraq War discussion and also end it.

I think Ron Paul did just okay. I don't like him using the word "illegal" to describe the Iraq war. I think that may be a turn off to some voters unless they understand what he means. I wish he would have used "policing the world" more and reiterated how much it is costing us.

I wish he would have spoken back to Romney with he interupted with, "Yeah Mitt, I've heard of 9/11. Iraq didn't cause that. Osama Bin Laden did. I'm very much for getting Bin Laden as I voted for the Afghanastan war." Or something to that sort.

I wish he would have gotten a chance to answer healthcare. He hasn't in past interviews or debates, but he COULD really differentiate himself from the pack by simply stating he's a medical doctor (not many people know that from watching the debate). He could simply state he's seen how it used to work and seen how it works today. Govt created the HMO system and more govt is a bad choice. Then finish off with the bill he has tried to pass giving tax breaks for individuals. Bam, just like that. Home Run.

BlindD
08-05-2007, 02:53 PM
From the Huffington Debate Blog today:

JOHN:Ron Paul delivers another spiel about the fundamental values of the party, to warm applause. He is a great gadfly, but will never turn the corner to a mainstream candidate like this - his demeanor is alarmed, with his voice high and his arms waving and his eyebrows riding high on his forehead. If he delivered the same message with a John Wayne/Ronald Reagan demeanor, we might have a different race on our hands.

JOHN:Ron Paul's shrill flailings guarantee that his views will remain marginal, but they also help make him memorable. He is not strong, not warm, not an alpha politician, but it is great to see him on the stage making his party think.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 03:05 PM

JOHN:Ron Paul delivers another spiel about the fundamental values of the party, to warm applause. He is a great gadfly, but will never turn the corner to a mainstream candidate like this - his demeanor is alarmed, with his voice high and his arms waving and his eyebrows riding high on his forehead. If he delivered the same message with a John Wayne/Ronald Reagan demeanor, we might have a different race on our hands.

JOHN:Ron Paul's shrill flailings guarantee that his views will remain marginal, but they also help make him memorable. He is not strong, not warm, not an alpha politician, but it is great to see him on the stage making his party think.

Interesting observation here. In past debates, he was very calm and collected and responded with very specific examples to questions. The first 2 debates were definately his best performances.

beermotor
08-05-2007, 03:10 PM

This guy is going to be mighty surprised. Hearing Paul speak in Spartanburg, I got the exact opposite impression of him.

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 03:12 PM
yourwordlive@foxnews.com

To send your question to Dr. Paul........

Man from La Mancha
08-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Another great Ron answer. The body language of the pointing finger of truth. All in one gesture not only did he shut Romney up, he scolded him like a stern fifth grade teacher would do with just a gesture and those who have heard him before what truths filled your mind by just a pointed finger on 911. Romney just got touched!

I think many people have been so influenced by theatrics that they wanted entertaining fluff. Paul is forceful when he has to be. Fact is Ron Paul is the force. The force of freedom and peace. Does a tsunami make any noise at all unless it hits something of resistance?

And may the force be with you.

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 03:15 PM
coming on now...

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 03:18 PM
OH hell, they're talking about Alex Jones.

First question... "no bloviating... do you believe that 9-11 was an INSIDE job"? The doc handled it well though. Next came the reference to Alex Jones and what he said about the Gulf of tonkin.

Now MORE Alex Jones.... host is asking why he is associating himself with this guy, since he believes 9-11 is an inside job... going to commercial now.

Douglass Bartley
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
See your messages here or on E-Mail