Young_Apprentice
01-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Is this good or bad in california?

sb10
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
What a jerk!

josh24601
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
So hard to say... Most Californians are libs, so when you realize Arnold was voted in on a recall of a Democrat governor who was so freakin awful that Arnold Schwarzenegger was chosen by the majority of Californians to replace him... he is not going to be a true conservative by any stretch.

So for REAL conservatives, Arnold supporting somebody isn't some great thing. Problem is, even the registered Republicans aren't real conservatives for the most part. Tom McClintock - a pretty legit conservative Republican - also ran in the recall election but Arnold stomped him, and Arnold's politics pretty much match McCains, so that gives you an idea of where most Republicans in CA are.

It will be more interesting to see how Republicans in the northern part of the state vote (CA awards delegates for each district, not winner take all). While the Bay Area / SoCal Republicans are for the most part a big-government pro-war variety (read John McCain), the Northern Cali ones are where there is the most hope. The question is, as it is across the nation, whether the "real" conservatives will see Romney or as their only alternative to McCain, or if they see Paul as one (Huckabee will be a pretty big non-factor in CA, minus some communities in the Orange County/Anaheim area which is fairly religious).

luckystars
01-31-2008, 01:07 AM
how did he ever become gov anyway?

dannno
02-01-2008, 06:09 PM
how did he ever become gov anyway?

previous democrat governor spent us into oblivion, totally f'd up our energy prices and was driving labor out of the state.

we had a recall and simultaneously voted for another candidate.

NDN_Liberty
02-02-2008, 12:39 AM
The constitution endorses Ron Paul...;)

RonPaulFTW08
02-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Fuck Arnold. Fuck McInsane. Go canvassing this weekend and let the people decide for themselves who's the zero and who's the real Hero.

newyearsrevolution08
02-02-2008, 01:28 AM
this guy just started his fight to stay in office doing this.

We will be getting him out soon enough.

Do we have any ron paul republicans running for governor here in cali to replace him with?

Happy to do it.

Imagine if we got a ron paul republican as the governor of ALL states. Hard to continue keeping us down right?

Richandler
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
previous democrat governor spent us into oblivion, totally f'd up our energy prices and was driving labor out of the state.

we had a recall and simultaneously voted for another candidate.

That actually wasn't Davis' fault. Enron had a lot to do with that. Also remember the feds refused to help the state legislature even though CA pays way more the the feds than it recieves compared to other states.

kate971
02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I used to support Schwarzenegger but now that he has endorsed McCain I have lost all respect for him. I was going to vote yes on his gambling initiatives but now I will vote NO. I won't support any of his initiatives anymore. He has proven that his judgement is poor.

Golding
02-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I have a lot of respect for Schwarzenegger's job as governor, and I haven't lost any respect for him just because of this endorsement. It isn't easy being governor of California, having to hurdle through a cotton-web of legislative regulations to even begin towards balancing the budget.

Schwarzenegger is a Republican figurehead. He represents the Republicans' hope in a state that typically leans left during presidential elections (a reason McCain has a good chance of winning California, anyway). So it's only natural that he will try to influence the vote toward an establishment-endorsed candidate like McCain.

But as much as I respect Schwarzenegger's performance, it doesn't influence my opinion about McCain one bit.