PDA

View Full Version : So I'm thinking... McCain Seems to be Thinking RP as VP is his only chance

constituent
01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
In the general elections.

How do we begin to play this oversight on his part to our advantage?

Chernitsky
01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't vote for this ticket

sorry

voytechs
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
What? Thats absurd.

constituent
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't vote for this ticket

sorry

i wouldn't either.

read the post and answer the question...

but don't just troll the thread.

Royksopp
01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
What? no chance.

Paul and Romney seem to get on better.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
Hell, i'd vote for McCain-Paul....maybe McCain will die in office, BOOM-we're in!

mwkaufman
Um Paul wouldn't run with him. Huckabee or some other Southern governor is the clear VP for McCain.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
What? no chance.

Paul and Romney seem to get on better.

I'd vote this also....accidents do happen...

JMO
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Ron Paul would never consider being Mccains VP and Mccain would never consider Paul as VP. No one is going to ask Ron Paul to be their VP.

PimpBlimp
Id vote for anybody who has RP as his VP.

He would be the leader of the Senate and could spread his constitutional message to the whole floor.

TheWhiteRider
there is no chance.

Ron Paul Fan
01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
My God some of you are delusional. McCain is not very well liked by the conservative base, so you think he gets a guy as a running mate who is hated by a majority of conservatives? LOL! McCain is going to pick someone who pleases the conservative base and that's definitely not Ron Paul. McCain thinks Ron Paul is a loon. Get serious people.

Nash
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Id vote for anybody who has RP as his VP.

He would be the leader of the Senate and could spread his constitutional message to the whole floor.

I would to. The alternative are the democrats and they aren't getting out of the Middle East either. It's not ideal but it's better than having him go back to his house seat. A lot better.

constituent
01-30-2008, 08:49 PM
My God some of you are delusional. McCain is not very well liked by the conservative base, so you think he gets a guy as a running mate who is hated by a majority of conservatives? LOL! McCain is going to pick someone who pleases the conservative base and that's definitely not Ron Paul. McCain thinks Ron Paul is a loon. Get serious people.

Actually, i get the feeling that post-primary, McCain will be all about pulling in the independents and dems who are uncomfortable with hillary and/or obama... in other words, he'll be done w/ the base (and clearly he ain't doin' so bad as it is, certainly better than Romney)

Remember, he used to be the "independent" up on the C-Span vote tallies...

And did you not notice his several, glowing mentions (we go way back) of RP in the last two debates?

You, RPFan, are the delusional one. For the insult though, i'm almost tempted to report your post....

i'll skip it though, someone else will probably do it anyway... out of the kindness of their heart, and a lack of appreciation for your unnecessary belittling of fellow supporters.

Chernitsky
01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
i wouldn't either.

your post is closer to trolling than mine

constituent
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
your post is closer to trolling than mine

why? b/c i'm trying to advocate playing McCain's weaknesses to RP's advantage?

go ahead though Chernitsky, continue trolling away...

or just answer the question posed in the OP.

Nash
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Actually, i get the feeling that post-primary, McCain will be all about pulling in the independents and dems who are uncomfortable with hillary and/or obama... in other words, he'll be done w/ the base (and clearly he ain't doin' so bad as it is, certainly better than Romney)

Remember, he used to be the "independent" up on the C-Span vote tallies...

And did you not notice his several, glowing mentions (we go way back) of RP in the last two debates?

You, RPFan, are the delusional one. For the insult though, i'm almost tempted to report your post....

i'll skip it though, someone else will probably do it anyway... out of the kindness of their heart, and a lack of appreciation for your unnecessary belittling of fellow supporters.

Well to be fair I don't if that's realistic considering their differences on foreign policy (gaping differences) but I was playing along with a best case scenario other than actually winning.

McCain knows we're out here and the being nice to RP bit is playing to us to soften on him. It's not working but if McCain ends up winning and in some bizarro world where he wants RP to be his VP and RP accepts that position I'm not gonna be angry about that.

Ron Paul Fan
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Just because we think it's a stupid idea doesn't mean we're trolling. McCain thinks Paul is a lunatic. Have you not picked this up yet? Paul thinks McCain is an idiot on economic policy and he's about as far away from McCain on foreign policy as you can get. He won't endorse McCain when he drops out and he certainly won't become his running mate. Are you saying that the best ticket for the GOP is two 70+ year olds? That'll win the country over! McCain is going to pick a young governor who appeases the conservative base.

Go ahead and report me for calling you out on your stupid idea. I doubt they'll do anything.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
<snip>McCain thinks Paul is a lunatic. Have you not picked this up yet? Paul thinks McCain is an idiot on economic policy and he's about as far away from McCain on foreign policy as you can get. He won't endorse McCain when he drops out and he certainly won't become his running mate. Are you saying that the best ticket for the GOP is two 70+ year olds? That'll win the country over! McCain is going to pick a young governor who appeases the conservative base.

Go ahead and report me for calling you out on your stupid idea. I doubt they'll do anything.

1) and that's why he keeps pulling the, "you and me were there ron, for the reagan revolution" bit right?

2) have you not picked this up yet?

3) when he drops out? who said anything about RP dropping out?
wait, just you.

4) romney appeases the "conservative" base, gimme a break! lol

5) again, i have no plan to

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
McCain knows we're out here and the being nice to RP bit is playing to us to soften on him. It's not working but if McCain ends up winning and in some bizarro world where he wants RP to be his VP and RP accepts that position I'm not gonna be angry about that.

I won't vote for a ticket that has RP as VP, no way.

It's paul or not at all.

I just want to play this softening to our advantage...

sorry others would rather bash than strategize...

seems to be about the standard here the last coupla months.

shame, it used to be a great place to hang around/converse...

back when Ron Paul Fan was still mocking RP's words, making a joke
out of the very serious issues he raised and the manner in which he
raised them...

much nicer troll back then.

MaidenFan
01-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Ron Paul is more likely to win the republican nomination, than to be asked AND to accept a VP nomination from these other guys.

Get real, these guys work for the system, we work against it. If they nominated RP for VP the system AUTOMATICALLY supports the Dems, there's no way the powers that be would allow RP to be VP.

What we're all missing though is, Ron would never compromise his principles by accepting a VP nomination from one of these loons, period, end of story.

Ron Paul Fan
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
1) and that's why he keeps pulling the, "you and me were there ron, for the reagan revolution" bit right?

2) have you not picked this up yet?

3) when he drops out? who said anything about RP dropping out?
wait, just you.

4) romney appeases the "conservative" base, gimme a break! lol

5) again, i have no plan to

I never said romney appeases the conservative base. He probably does over any remaining candidate because they don't like McCain, Huckabee, or Paul that much and this is evident in the exit polls where Romney has been getting a majority of conservatives. I said McCain would pick a young governor who appeases the conservative base. I never said it would be Romney so where are you getting this? Romney is like 60 years old. McCain will want a younger governor with a solid conservative background, maybe from the south to balance out the ticket.

McCain said that "you were there" line once, twice? Have you seen the way McCain snickers and laughs when Paul talks? It's pretty obvious that McCain thinks Paul is crazy. And yes, I think Paul will drop out after Super Tuesday. He won't endorse anybody and he won't become anybody's running mate.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Ron Paul is more likely to win the republican nomination, than to be asked AND to accept a VP nomination from these other guys.

Get real, these guys work for the system, we work against it. If they nominated RP for VP the system AUTOMATICALLY supports the Dems, there's no way the powers that be would allow RP to be VP.

What we're all missing though is, Ron would never compromise his principles by accepting a VP nomination from one of these loons, period, end of story.

again, it's not an issue of RP accepting the VP slot, it's about playing the shift to our advantage...

but w/ever.

chernitsky away.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
And yes, I think Paul will drop out after Super Tuesday.

MaidenFan
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
again, it's not an issue of RP accepting the VP slot, it's about playing the shift to our advantage...

but w/ever.

chernitsky away.
So you're saying that if McCain is considering RP as his VP we can somehow use this to strengthen our campaign?

I don't see how.

We already have an ironclad two pronged attack worked out:
1) Donate
2) Knock on doors, and spread the message.

WTFYO
01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
i wouldn't either.

sorry, but it's just a really dumb question

MaidenFan
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Also to RP fan:

Ron won't drop out after Super Tuesday. He's stated time and time again he's in this as long as his supporters keep up their grassroots efforts and their donations.

Ron Paul Fan
I'm just being realistic here. If you want to believe that Ron Paul will sweep a majority of Super Tuesday states despite being a distant 4th in most polls then be my guest. If you want to believe that Ron Paul, the anti establishment candidate, will win a brokered convention where the establishment will join together, then go ahead and believe that pipe dream. I'm just trying to lend some sensibility to this converation.

constituent
sorry, but it's just a really dumb question

wow, hell of a contribution.

wrong place i see.

w/ever.

no wonder so many have ditched it.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
So you're saying that if McCain is considering RP as his VP we can somehow use this to strengthen our campaign?

I don't see how.

We already have an ironclad two pronged attack worked out:
1) Donate
2) Knock on doors, and spread the message.

I'm saying RP, and the official campaign could use it to their advantage...

remember, they read these boards.

thanks for advancing the dialogue, btw. it really is appreciated.

WTFYO
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
wow, hell of a contribution.

wrong place i see.

w/ever.

no wonder so many have ditched it.
anyone with a half a brain knows that mccain would never ask paul to run with him in a million years...

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
anyone with a half a brain knows that mccain would never ask paul to run with him in a million years...

what a lame excuse for a cheap shot insult... thanks for providing clarity on the direction this forum has taken though.

coming from the self-proclaimed hannity sheep no less.

keep on pulling the wool over your eyes son, it seems to be working.

MaidenFan
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm just being realistic here. If you want to believe that Ron Paul will sweep a majority of Super Tuesday states despite being a distant 4th in most polls then be my guest. If you want to believe that Ron Paul, the anti establishment candidate, will win a brokered convention where the establishment will join together, then go ahead and believe that pipe dream. I'm just trying to lend some sensibility to this converation.
Obviously the campaign isn't all sunshine and rainbows at this point. Obviously it's an uphill battle. Obviously we're going to have to give everything we've got and more to even have a chance at victory.

But saying Ron Paul has NO chance doesn't belong in this forum. If you sincerely believe this then quit campaigning and sign up for Iraq right now. Why keep wasting your time?

voytechs
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I can't believe how many people think these are free elections. I've said it several times now, its a soap opera to put on a show. RP is the only spoiler. RP won't sell out and they know it. McCain knows he's being pushed to win the nomination so he can loose to Clinton. Its a script with the ending already written.

Why else would he make statements like 100 year war, to make sure 70% of American's get disgusted with him and vote for Hitlary. MSM sets him for a GOP win, while he sets up for Hillary. Its as plain as black on white.

Ron Paul Fan
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Obviously the campaign isn't all sunshine and rainbows at this point. Obviously it's an uphill battle. Obviously we're going to have to give everything we've got and more to even have a chance at victory.

But saying Ron Paul has NO chance doesn't belong in this forum. If you sincerely believe this then quit campaigning and sign up for Iraq right now. Why keep wasting your time?

I was under the impression that this forum and this movement would live on past Ron Paul and build upon the revolution that he has started. I thought we would stay together and work to infiltrate local, state, and federal offices with Ron Paul's message. I guess I was wrong. I deploy for Iraq tomorrow.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM
I thought we would stay together and work to infiltrate local, state, and federal offices with Ron Paul's message. I guess I was wrong. I deploy for Iraq tomorrow.

cool. since you're not headed for iraq, which office is it that you've decided to run for?

and who is this we?

last i checked we were all individuals working together on this common cause.

MaidenFan
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
I was under the impression that this forum and this movement would live on past Ron Paul and build upon the revolution that he has started. I thought we would stay together and work to infiltrate local, state, and federal offices with Ron Paul's message. I guess I was wrong. I deploy for Iraq tomorrow.
We are here to do that. And there will be an appropriate time for that.

But right NOW we need to focus on getting as many delegates as possible. The most important day in the entire race is approaching and this is the time you wanna quit and move on? At least wait until after we've failed on Super Tuesday before you start saying it's not possible.

Nobody is stopping you from running for your local government. If you want, heck more power to you! Go ahead and seek out local support for the cause and do it. Do something constructive though, not something destructive. Unite the campaign by setting a good example, don't divide it by saying we have no hope.

rockandrollsouls
How in the world would this work? These people are all vastly different from Doctor Paul on numerous fronts.

constituent
How in the world would this work? These people are all vastly different from Doctor Paul on numerous fronts.

::slaps forehead::

yes, clearly. i thought that went w/out saying.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I can't believe how many people think these are free elections. I've said it several times now, its a soap opera to put on a show. RP is the only spoiler. RP won't sell out and they know it. McCain knows he's being pushed to win the nomination so he can loose to Clinton. Its a script with the ending already written.

actually, i feel the same way, but for my own sanity i try to pretend that it might still be otherwise.

were that not the case, i'd have never bothered to begin w/.

of course, the more i interact w/ "the masses" per this discussion board, the more i think we're hopeless anyway, and not just in the political arena but as a species in general.

devo indeed.

CaptBookbag
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
McCain Seems to be Thinking RP as VP is his only chance

I'm sorry, I missed the debate.

was their something said by McCain during the debate that would support this?

I'm not sure I follow, otherwise.

AlexMerced
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
No... In ROn Pauls few moments he did make Mccain look like a tard though, bless your soul Ron Paul

RoamZero
01-30-2008, 09:43 PM
As much as I hate McCain, a McCain/Paul ticket would be awesome. I'd be surprised, with his health and age, if McCain would make it through his first term. Easy ticket to the Whitehouse for Paul.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry, I missed the debate.

was their something said by McCain during the debate that would support this?

I'm not sure I follow, otherwise.

small things the last couple of debates. mccain keeps looking to rp, making little comments, "back in the day" sorta things... a couple of times during this debate and several in the debate before.

looking realistically at the general elections, romney has too much baggage to overcome and defeat the first african-american/female ticket at the same time...

first "mormon" just doesn't have the same level of mass appeal... and though i'm almost ashamed to say it, i believe it will work against him.

huck has said enough to discredit himself.

rp has taken the high-road throughout and looks regal indeed, in spite of the adversity. a genuine underdog.

i think that has even more power than the "first" anything.

remember, it's the "anti-establishment" crowd that the dems rely on as their base.

but.. i'm done w/ this thread. i'm worn out on people who'd rather attack the "premise" than discuss the issue.

not to discount all the thinking, non-"hannity sheep" out there who are not that way...

MaidenFan
01-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Doing the right thing is rarely the same as doing the easy thing.

We stand in direct opposition to everything that's wrong with this country. We stand in the name of liberty. And if we decide to do the easy thing and give up, who else will take on this fight?

I've said it before: Those who care don't know and those who know don't care.

We're the ones who know AND care. As long as we keep standing in the face of tyranny and injustice we will win. But that's the ultimate key, we have to keep fighting no matter how terribly the odds are stacked, no matter how utterly impossible it seems. Are these not the same odds Dr. Martin Luther King faced, and overcame? What about Ghandi who stood in opposition of the greatest military power on the planet and won without firing a single bullet?

Heck, the only reason we even have the opportunity to discuss this issue is because millions of people throughout history challenged the status quo and stood firm for what they knew was right. Tyranny is an old idea, liberty is a brand new one. Let's not forget what it took for us to get here. Speaking of which let's also remember how far we've come!

Ron Paul started this race dead last, with no money, no support, and being viewed as a radical maverick. Yet here we are with a full head of steam and money in the bank heading into super Tuesday while two former front runners have already dropped out. It seems to me we've already accomplished the impossible, so why can't we keep it up?

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Ron Paul started this race dead last, with no money, no support, and being viewed as a radical maverick. Yet here we are with a full head of steam and money in the bank heading into super Tuesday while two former front runners have already dropped out. It seems to me we've already accomplished the impossible, so why can't we keep it up?

+1000

thank you maidenfan!

goodnight all.

Bluedevil
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I would vote for a Romney- Paul ticket, not going to lie.

AlexMerced
01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I would vote for a Romney- Paul ticket, not going to lie.

I'd vote for any ticket with Paul, it doesn't mean I should encourage it

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
McCain and Romney would sooner have Hillary Clinton on their ticket than Ron Paul. They are more like her than Ron Paul. They are all big-government globalists, along with Obama and Huckabee. Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist. You will never see him on a ticket with any of them. When are you people who think it's a possibility going to get it through your heads? The Republicans and Democrats are the same party, with two faces. Have been for decades. Their common enemy is Ron Paul. Any of you who are still thinking in terms of the "Republican vs. Democrat" charade are stuck in the trap that has had our Republic in a downward spiral for many decades now. Romney, Clinton, McCain, Obama, and Huckabee all represent the same old bullshit. Quit fooling yourselves. Speculating about Ron Paul being on the ticket with any of the other Republicans is a complete waste of time. Ron Paul's Constitutional message is fundamentally incompatible with any of them. It will never happen. It's all or nothing for Ron Paul.

johnpp2
01-30-2008, 10:20 PM
I can't believe people still don't see that McCain-Ghouli has been the setup from the beginning. Hillary and Ghouli are the annointed banksta candidates and they will get one of them in one way or another. McCain and Ghouli have been practically making out the last week or so.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Doing the right thing is rarely the same as doing the easy thing.

We stand in direct opposition to everything that's wrong with this country. We stand in the name of liberty. And if we decide to do the easy thing and give up, who else will take on this fight?

I've said it before: Those who care don't know and those who know don't care.

We're the ones who know AND care. As long as we keep standing in the face of tyranny and injustice we will win. But that's the ultimate key, we have to keep fighting no matter how terribly the odds are stacked, no matter how utterly impossible it seems. Are these not the same odds Dr. Martin Luther King faced, and overcame? What about Ghandi who stood in opposition of the greatest military power on the planet and won without firing a single bullet?

Heck, the only reason we even have the opportunity to discuss this issue is because millions of people throughout history challenged the status quo and stood firm for what they knew was right. Tyranny is an old idea, liberty is a brand new one. Let's not forget what it took for us to get here. Speaking of which let's also remember how far we've come!

Well said.

bkreigh
01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
I know this is very horrible to say but im not a politically correct type of person.

I would only vote for this ticket if it was guaranteed that McCain would pass away from natural causes within 60 days of taking office. Dont fool yourself and say you wouldn't either.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I know this is very horrible to say but im not a politically correct type of person.

I would only vote for this ticket if it was guaranteed that McCain would pass away from natural causes within 60 days of taking office. Dont fool yourself and say you wouldn't either.

That possibility is exactly the reason Ron Paul will never be on a ticket with any of the others. The Republicans would rather have a Democrat in the White House than Ron Paul.

Goldwater Conservative
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I can see Huck choosing Paul as his VP, but only if he's severely drunk or God told him to do it.

None of the others would even consider talking to Paul even if they were president and needed help on the hill. They loathe him.

Xyrus2
01-30-2008, 10:42 PM
I can't vote for McCain. No way. No how. The man has the morals of Saddam Hussein. And that may just be an understatement.

He could have Jesus himself as VP and I still wouldn't vote for the swine.

Even if God came down and said "Vote for McCain, for he is good." I'd still risk burning in hell for eternity before I voted for him.

McCain is a real life version of Senator Palpatine.

~X~

WTFYO
01-31-2008, 06:45 AM
i can't believe that anyone would think that mccain will pick paul as a running mate.

1. they're miles apart on just about every foreign and domestic policy
2. Paul is not in the CFR crowd
3. mccain just flat out hates Paul. This would be obvious if you would watch the debates. The only reason McCain isn't attacking Paul right now is because he wants to avoid the economics issue.
4. Why would McCain take paul when he can just grab Huckabee for the Christian vote?

Threads like this are probably one of the reasons people think paul supporters are stupid.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-31-2008, 06:51 AM
McCain looks like he could have a heart attack or stroke at any second. He might not make it to November 2008, let alone January 2013 after the next term.

kyleAF
01-31-2008, 07:18 AM
There will be NO VP offering to Ron Paul. It would paint the lie of the mainstream to the public in broad daylight.

Give a bully pulpit (even a vice version) to the guy who's rocking the establishment's boat??

Hell no, they won't! It would tear their scheme apart.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the President would be afraid of some whacky Paul supporter trying to move Paul up a notch.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-31-2008, 07:22 AM
Hell, i'd vote for McCain-Paul....maybe McCain will die in office, BOOM-we're in!

Exactly, the man looks like he's going to have a heart attack.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-31-2008, 07:23 AM
I can't vote for McCain. No way. No how. The man has the morals of Saddam Hussein. And that may just be an understatement.

He could have Jesus himself as VP and I still wouldn't vote for the swine.

Even if God came down and said "Vote for McCain, for he is good." I'd still risk burning in hell for eternity before I voted for him.

McCain is a real life version of Senator Palpatine.

~X~
LOL

constituent
02-08-2008, 01:42 PM
bump for perspective in light of recent events and news stories.

constituent
02-08-2008, 01:42 PM
i can't believe that anyone would think that mccain will pick paul as a running mate.

1. they're miles apart on just about every foreign and domestic policy
2. Paul is not in the CFR crowd
3. mccain just flat out hates Paul. This would be obvious if you would watch the debates. The only reason McCain isn't attacking Paul right now is because he wants to avoid the economics issue.
4. Why would McCain take paul when he can just grab Huckabee for the Christian vote?

Threads like this are probably one of the reasons people think paul supporters are stupid.

we shall see.

NinjaPirate
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Are you serious?? Practically the whole GOP is avoiding paul like the plague. :(

constituent
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Are you serious?? Practically the whole GOP is avoiding paul like the plague. :(

given the yahoo news storyabout mccain not wanting huck....

who is left?

Arek
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Well if we had a McCain/RP ticket I'd look for McCain to have a heart-attack and since he'd be unable to do his job RP would have to jump in and take over the reigns. But sadly that ticket won't happen

NinjaPirate
02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
given the yahoo news storyabout mccain not wanting huck....

who is left?

Ghoul, Thompson, Tancredo, Hunter, etc?? He doesn't have to pick another candidate...right??

break4me
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
McCain will probably pick a democrat to be his VP, so that he has someone who thinks like him.

If a gun was to my head and I had to pick one out of McCain or Clinton, I would choose Clinton. Although, anything short of a gun to my head and I wouldn't choose either of them.

The cost-savings of pulling out of our wars will still be better than the add'l money of free gov't handouts. At least that money stays in the US.

constituent
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Ghoul, Thompson, Tancredo, Hunter, etc?? He doesn't have to pick another candidate...right??

i believe that is correct. it's been awhile, but i don't think ol cheney was in the running back in 2000.

the question, i think, is would the party survive w/out RP in one of the two slots?

fedup100
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I see it the other way around, but thankfully "loaded canon" McCrap will shoot himself in the foot soon now and be out of the race.

constituent
02-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I see it the other way around, but thankfully "loaded canon" McCrap will shoot himself in the foot soon now and be out of the race.

that's what i'm thinking too...

but i'm trying to get into his delusional mind, see what he is thinking, anticipate and exploit his next few moves before he makes them...

hence the point of this thread, which as you may have noticed, earned me all manner of scorn and insult. lol.

i would hope that RP wouldn't choose mccain as VP though, b/c i really dislike McCain...

though i'd still vote for the ticket.

hell, i'd probably even become a lifelong republican.

MJfromCT
02-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Reasons why this won't happen
1. McCain does not wish to be assassinated his first week in office
2. Ron Paul has no respect for McCain
3. McCain has said he will choose a VP who shares his policies
4. The CFR and AIPAC would never allow Paul this sort of exposure
5. Ron Paul appears to dislike public displays of affection especially between two grown men. While McCain can't seem to get enough man hugs
http://reidreport.com/images/mccain_bush-hug.jpg

constituent
02-08-2008, 02:08 PM
http://reidreport.com/images/mccain_bush-hug.jpg

that picture is worth their combined weight in gold.

NinjaPirate
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
i believe that is correct. it's been awhile, but i don't think ol cheney was in the running back in 2000.

the question, i think, is would the party survive w/out RP in one of the two slots?

Probably not. And I'm willing to wager McCain thinks he can unite the party on his own.

Plus, what was all that talk about why McCain WON'T choose Huckabee as his running mate?? Something to the effect of having a running mate who shares the same ideas and principles as you. So, IF anything, he'd choose Huckabee over Paul. McCain and Paul's ideas and principles are like night and day.

RonPaulFTFW
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
wont happen.

Paul wouldn't run with a war monger like McCain anyway.

JahWarrior
02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
to help keep a long thread from becoming much longer... (year right). its as simple as this.

I would vote for any ticket with Ron Paul as VP. The reasoning is simple.

Ron Paul will have felt that it was his best chance to have an active influence, and will have accepted the offer on his own terms. Therefore, I would trust his judgment.

Having said that... it'll never happen.

constituent
02-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Plus, what was all that talk about why McCain WON'T choose Huckabee as his running mate?? Something to the effect of having a running mate who shares the same ideas and principles as you.

As McCain tries to play "conservative enough" to ensure the republican base bothers to show up and vote

in other words to avoid a repeat of 2006.

Remember, Huck's record as a total bleeding-heart liberal will be his demise.

McCain's record as a "liberal" sympathizer is his greatest enemy as he tries to play
up his supposed record as a "fiscal conservative"

which returns to the initial observation of McCain's "back in the day, shout-outs" to Ron Paul when discussing the reagan era.

anyway, it's all just food for thought.

sharedvoice
02-08-2008, 06:35 PM
John McCain: The Manchurian Candidate
http://www.usvetdsp.com/mccainpic.htm

Default McCain borrowed money from bank, used fundraising list as collateral!!!!
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0108/7837.html

Why Did McCain Block Release of POW Info?
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0523,schanberg,64705,6.html
http://iperceive.net/john-mccain-hanoi-collaborator/

How the Clintons will undo McCain
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=60020

McCain's Divorce
http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcaindiv.htm

"What happened to John McCain's first wife?"
http://askville.amazon.com/happened-John-McCain's-wife/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=7408966

VIDEO: John McCain in "Missing, Presumed Dead"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiti-ZbeO0

Kennedy-McCain Amnesty Plan
http://www.newswithviews.com/Taft/john29.htm
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/1/25/131758.shtml

YouTube - John McCain- Weak on Immigration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs6wwg_ie6Y

Campaign Finance Reform: The Issue (McCain-Feingold)
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/campaignfinance/index.asp

McCain/Lieberman Gun Control
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/679560/posts

McCain Qoutes:

"Thank God for our form of government. The media won't let there be any cover-up." -- John McCain
"Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran..." -- John McCain
"100 Years in Iraq would be fine by me." -- John McCain
"I'm not interested in trading with al Qaeda, all they want to trade is burkas. I don't want to travel with them, they like one-way tickets." -- John McCain

Senator McCain has hired a dual-nationality Mexican/American citizen (Juan Hernandez) to be his outreach coordinator to the Hispanic community. Juan Hernandez is the legalized version of a present-day Benedict Arnold!

McCain introduces bill to extend US health care to Mexico
http://www.digg.com/politics/McCain_introduced_bill_to_extend_US_health_care_to _Mexico

Vietnam Vet speaks of "Songbird" McCain
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/020708_never_tortured.htm

Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain
http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

US Documents pertaining to McCain’s COLLABORATIONS with the Communist
http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/cin_declassified_landing.htm

Google "Hanoi McCain"