PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the Conspiracies!

max
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
believing that there are no government/media conspiracies is just as irresponsible as believing that everything is a conspiracy....that was my point

stevedasbach
08-05-2007, 12:42 PM
There have been several recent accusations made by RP supporters accusing ABC News and others of rigging polls, reseting polls, irregularities, etc. All of these have turned out to be false.

Could everyone PLEASE stop making these conspiracy accusations unless/until there is solid evidence backing your claim? Everytime one of these accusations is made and debunked, it undermines Dr. Paul's campaign.

If something looks weird, PLEASE post it in the form of an inquiry, not an accusation. Chances are, we'll discover it's something like the multiple servers we ran into yesterday and not anything sinister.

Bradley in DC
08-05-2007, 12:47 PM
There have been several recent accusations made by RP supporters accusing ABC News and others of rigging polls, reseting polls, irregularities, etc. All of these have turned out to be false.

Could everyone PLEASE stop making these conspiracy accusations unless/until there is solid evidence backing your claim? Everytime one of these accusations is made and debunked, it undermines Dr. Paul's campaign.

If something looks weird, PLEASE post it in the form of an inquiry, not an accusation. Chances are, we'll discover it's something like the multiple servers we ran into yesterday and not anything sinister.

Steve,

Of course you're right. And as has been pointed out Prisonplanet is usually behind them. And its defenders can't understand why it has no credibility. Don't worry though, the overwhelming majority of Dr. Paul's supporters are better than that.

Ron Paul Fan
08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I've been saying this for a while now. Not everyone is out to bring down Ron Paul. Every little thing that goes against him is immediately seen as a conspiracy and they come on the forum and say, "The police threw me off the sidewalk just for wearing a Ron Paul shirt" blah blah blah. Some of it is just ridiculous.

torchbearer
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Digg story about debate becoming popular, needs your vote to stay on front page!
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Blasts_Unconstitutional_Undeclared_Wars_a t_GOP_Debate

mport1
08-05-2007, 01:04 PM

Thank you. It is incredible that so many people think that everything is a conspiracy and that everybody is out to get Paul.

jd603
08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Umm, the un-equal time and lack of asking Ron questions he would have answered well when others were asked them, along with always keeping him out of the center 3 podiums is a conspiracy and ABC is guilty. So is CNN etc.

So even if they didnt remove posts, which other sites definitely have done before, they are still doing a dis-service to America in how they ran this debate.

LibertyBelle
08-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Steve,

Of course you're right. And as has been pointed out Prisonplanet is usually behind them. And its defenders can't understand why it has no credibility. Don't worry though, the overwhelming majority of Dr. Paul's supporters are better than that.

Yes, plenty of Prisonplanet followers go along with whatever is posted on that site and don't think for themselves, and they call other people sheeple. :rolleyes: There is a lack of intellectual discernment with some of them I have noticed. They take what's on the site for gospel and don't research things themselves. I find Alex Jones to be irresponsible.

Yes, the majority of RP's supporters are smarter than to jump to conclusions and are not paranoid.

rg123
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I dont know what debate you watched but it was a conspiracy. There are comments being deleted if Rons name is in it all over all their articles everywhere. I just watched his vote total drop over a hundred during a refresh and I do not know how to take a screenshot on a popup window or I would. Heck they didn't even show the whole debate where I live

Wyurm
08-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I've been saying this for a while now. Not everyone is out to bring down Ron Paul. Every little thing that goes against him is immediately seen as a conspiracy and they come on the forum and say, "The police threw me off the sidewalk just for wearing a Ron Paul shirt" blah blah blah. Some of it is just ridiculous.

And of course it would be wrong for the police to throw you off a sidewalk just for wearing a Ron Paul shirt, unless you wern't wearing any pants.

I often find something tends to be left out in cases like this. However, 2 important points. 1) don't be too harsh to those that jump to conclusions in defense of Dr. Paul. While it's not helpful, at least they do care and are supporters. 2) Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

Not all of these complaints are wrong, only most.

LibertyOfOne
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
The biggest conspiracy of them all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHs6J0OXVI

mport1
08-05-2007, 02:27 PM

Thats awesome.

LibertyBelle
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM

hee hee LOL, that miniship in the tub cracked me up. Thanks for giving me comic relief for the day. :)

max
08-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I have a question for you conspiracy deniers.

Is it merely an accident that a nobody like Obama was catapulted into national prominence overnight - wheras a 10 term congressman who once ran for president is IGNORED?

Do you really believe that this is merely an oversite?...Or are powerful media moguls DELIBERATELY ignoring RP.

If the latter, then wouldn't Obama instant rise to fame and RP's media marginalization therefore constitute a "conspiracy?"

If there are no conspiracies, then I suppose you are all comfortable with the fact that Diebold computer voting machines will be used to count the Ames straw vote.

Who hear, in the back of their mind - is uncomfortable with computer voting? Be honest...Because you admit that Diebold concerns you...THEN YOU ARE A CONSPIRACY THEORISTS....Ooooh...horrors

mport1
08-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Ron Paul should be getting more coverage, but at the same time, he is only polling at 2%.

disinter
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM

Evidently you didn't hear about the Cal Thomas poll.

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM

Is it merely an accident that a nobody like Obama was catapulted into national prominence overnight - wheras a 10 term congressman who once ran for president is IGNORED?

No, it is not an accident. It is called the Oprah Winfrey phenomenon. She has had him on her show several times and has publicly endorsed him. Have you ever noticed how she can recommend something and it immediately becomes a bestseller? She has a HUGE audience and a lot of pull.

Conspiracies exist, yes. But this is not one.

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Evidently you didn't hear about the Cal Thomas poll.

Yes, but that doesn't make every dang thing that happens, a conspiracy.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Do you really believe that this is merely an oversite?...Or are powerful media moguls DELIBERATELY ignoring RP.

If the latter, then wouldn't Obama instant rise to fame and RP's media marginalization therefore constitute a "conspiracy?"

If there are no conspiracies, then I suppose you are all comfortable with the fact that Diebold computer voting machines will be used to count the Ames straw vote.

Who hear, in the back of their mind - is uncomfortable with computer voting? Be honest...Because you admit that Diebold concerns you...THEN YOU ARE A CONSPIRACY THEORISTS....Ooooh...horrors

Most people on here agree that there is an elite intent on serving their own power interests. No one can really deny that. Guys like Alex Jones are spot on when they describe the big picture of forces that we are up against. It is the specifics, like arguments about metal melting, etc, where the conspiracy theorists can often go a little overboard. There ARE conspiratorial forces we must overcome. Whether 9/11 was an inside job or not is not one of them. Assuming it was to some extent (or at least allowed), it has obviously been used as a tool to demogogue people into assenting to give up their liberties. Whether WTC7 was charged or not does not change the fact that there were cover ups, and the governmen has used this to expand its power. The CFR and the Trilateral commission ARE dangerous entities. Etc etc. We DO need an independant investigation of 9/11. But this 9/11 truth debate really misses the forest for the trees, in my opinion.

LibertyBelle
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I have a question for you conspiracy deniers.Is it merely an accident that a nobody like Obama was catapulted into national prominence overnight - wheras a 10 term congressman who once ran for president is IGNORED?

You seem not to have really understood the thread poster, read this part again:

"Could everyone PLEASE stop making these conspiracy accusations unless/until there is solid evidence backing your claim?"

He was asking for people to use discernment and not to jump to conclusions about things. Am I right Steve?

Don't recall him or anyone who posted on this thread ridiculing a belief in such a thing as a conspiracy. Get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? ;)

Cowlesy
08-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Conspiracies.....

Wouldn't time be better served getting out in the field and promoting Dr. Paul? I peppered Interstate 80 with Ron Paul yardsigns today in PA --- he's the only candidate now who has signs up.

I'm less worried about blackhawk helicopters dropping in to remove the tyrannical signs than I am about a severe windstorm.

After a 9 hr drive, it's time to head out and distribute 100 slim-jims to people on the street to get the message out before calling it a day. Hope everyone else keeps debating whether or not X Y or Z media is stifling their voice and helping promote the message of Dr. Paul to the people. :D

guerillaeffect
08-05-2007, 06:10 PM

You know we have to agree with Ron Paul Fan. Because not everyone is out to bring down Ron Paul. But the funny thing is that police did actually throw people off the sidewalk because they were wearing Ron Paul shirts....but it was because they can choose to discriminate if they please according to them. Also they saw some Ron Paul people handing out fliers to other people walking by. But it ended up turning out to be the fact that the sidewalk was state owned not privately owned. The DRT stated this in a letter to one of our journalists. But good point RPF.

stevedasbach
08-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Question for a moderator: I started this thread. How come my original post is now #2 and another post appears to start the thread?

stevedasbach
08-05-2007, 06:32 PM
He was asking for people to use discernment and not to jump to conclusions about things. Am I right Steve?

Correct.