PDA

View Full Version : Notice what Ron Paul is doing

hummtide
01-30-2008, 08:36 PM
hes sticking on the SAME issues on monetary and economic policies over and over to get the topic out there. He has something planned BIGTIME!

thuja
01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
the establishment guys are worried.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-30-2008, 08:38 PM
hes sticking on the SAME issues on monetary and economic policies over and over to get the topic out there. He has something planned BIGTIME!

The BIGTIME thing is the DEPRESSION.

nicehairmitt
01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
i disgaree. these are his pet issues. even his opposition to the war is borne out of a distate to the fiscal irresponsibility of over spending, more than the intervionist aspect of it.

it's very obvious to me he's not preparing for these debates adequately.

i love RP and i love his message. this campaign is keeping the spark of the traditional GOP alive.

it will be interesting to see if someone adopts it in 2012.

WilliamC
01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I just hope the listeners get the message.

Original_Intent
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
i disgaree. these are his pet issues. even his opposition to the war is borne out of a distate to the fiscal irresponsibility of over spending, more than the intervionist aspect of it.

i love RP and i love his message. this campaign is keeping the spark of the traditional GOP alive.

Wrong it is borne of the unConstitutionality of the war.

Dutchie
sticking to those issues is not working because they are
too complicated for the common person, he needs to
communicate his message so that all can understand.

i just hope the campaign learns this soon.

MaidenFan
Ya RP is banking on a brokered convention, and by that time the country will have gone to such shit he'll be able to say "na na na na na, told you so!"

I think he's right in sticking to the fiscal issue. If you solve the money problem you automatically solve virtually all other issues.

tomveil
01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Let's be honest.

He's gotta take a risk to win.

If the economy turns the way WE think it will, it'll work.

Gotta put your money in the pot to win it.

Dutchie
01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
i do also agree that the other candidates are
better prepared than paul, even though they
lie, and don't understand the issues.

matratzac
01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
i dont get it though... ron just said the president doesnt run the economy and that it isnt his job but yet... thats all he ever talks about. i was kinda hoping he would do better tonight, but i honestly have to say im a little dissapointed

nicehairmitt
01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
i think you might be right that a massive economic turndown could help the campaign.

but remember, there's this ridiculous tendency in american politics to villify realists as "alarmists" or "negative" and then to blame the messenger.

of course, the irony is that the American thing to do would be to make money off of the downturn.

whcih we are, all, of course doing since we're invested in gold, right?!

yongrel
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Eh, Ron Paul is a gold bug at his heart, so it shouldn't be surprising. He gave good answers tonights. Just not great ones. (well, the war answer was pretty damn good.)

mokkan88
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Haha, a depression was the "secret plans".

spudea
01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
this will bode well when the economy is tanking over the summer cause of gas expenses and more home forclosues, and the continued credit crisis.

jmag
01-30-2008, 08:47 PM
i dont get it though... ron just said the president doesnt run the economy and that it isnt his job but yet... thats all he ever talks about.

What he is talking about is letting a free market run the economy with sound money.

praxisseizure
01-30-2008, 08:49 PM

Well. Not on the preparation part. His speaking skills leave something to be desired.

But like Mitt said, everything boils down to the economy.

I think THAT's why Ron Paul keeps deferring to the economy on all issues except certain social ones not involving welfare.

I also think people can't connect the issues. They follow a tree pattern. The Constitution is the root, Economics is the trunk and the rest are branches.

SigurdVolsung
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
It was a great answer, the president doesnt run the economy or shouldnt, and when he tries we have the recession you see before you. good stuff.

traitorist
01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
hey, they cut 50 points today and the stock market remains high. what recession? what depression? that's what the majority think.

thuja
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM

people have begun to sort of get it, nd the fact that the ad about this very subject, ran right after the debates will help. it is in plain english for average people.

mcgraw_wv
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM

I much rather have him WIN, then get another 3% of the american people that CARE the Central Banks running our economy have all the power in this country.

I know his true passion is to simply get the word out... but for me, it's not enough, the message will fade away as fast as he drops out.

jonahtrainer
01-30-2008, 08:56 PM

Make sure you pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal tomorrow. There is a full page ad alleging that Fort Knox is empty. All the gold has been sold into the market to suppress the price.

zabideen
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
i don't understand why we expect Paul to lower his standards just to win debates? He's a firm believer in PERSONAL LIBERTY and that includes the choice to listen what you want.

I think one THINKING paul supporter > 1000 THINKING McCain supporters.
Therefore

Paul's Campaign > MSM, White House, Establishment.

If you just look at the way he acts, that is a victory in itself.

zabideen
01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I much rather have him WIN, then get another 3% of the american people that CARE the Central Banks running our economy have all the power in this country.

I know his true passion is to simply get the word out... but for me, it's not enough, the message will fade away as fast as he drops out.

i hope you dont let that happen. he's counting on young generation to continue this.

mcgraw_wv
01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Come on, we all know that 20% will stay fighting on... 0% will forget about it...

We love to look back in history, well look back in history, look at the 60s... Look at all the movements... They don't last without their leaders.

Cleaner44
01-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Let's be honest.

He's gotta take a risk to win.

If the economy turns the way WE think it will, it'll work.

Gotta put your money in the pot to win it.

Go all-in Ron!

NMCB3
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Of course the sunshine patriots will leave, but the true lovers of liberty; the ones with balls, will stay. Ron Paul 2008!

traitorist
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Of course the sunshine patriots will leave, but the true lovers of liberty; the ones with balls, will stay. Ron Paul 2008!

the one with balls and the BRAINS know when they have been beat and will live to fight another day. to claim victory when you are being beat is folly.

NMCB3
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
the one with balls and the BRAINS know when they have been beat and will live to fight another day. to claim victory when you are being beat is folly. It ain't over till its over. I`ve been fighting for this my whole adult life. They may win some battles, but we will win the war. This movement has been around long before Ron Paul, and it will be around long after. I`ll only claim victory when the State is dismantled, not a moment before.

rg123
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Yes I didn't notice it until about the 80 min mark cause I was so mad but the fed dropped the rate ant the MKT still closed in the red

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 09:15 PM

People have been saying this crap since the wheels fell off in New Hampshire...

dfb
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
He needs to look the audience in the eye and say "This is not an election to pick the poster boy for the republican party, but an election to pick the best candidate for the november general election. If you want a republican to win in November you must vote for me, no war mongering republican will win this november. I am the only candidate who can stand toe to toe with Obama or Clinton. "

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
i don't understand why we expect Paul to lower his standards just to win debates? He's a firm believer in PERSONAL LIBERTY and that includes the choice to listen what you want.

I think one THINKING paul supporter > 1000 THINKING McCain supporters.
Therefore

Paul's Campaign > MSM, White House, Establishment.

If you just look at the way he acts, that is a victory in itself.

I'm just wanting to see a Paul from 1988 telling a Kid he is FAT!

link88
01-30-2008, 09:20 PM
as much as I LOVE RP, I think he needs to get some sort of speech coach or something. Then people will notice his message a lot more.

NinjaPirate
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
My only beef is that he says the same thing over and over again at each debate. Say something else, Ron! :/ :)

dannno
01-30-2008, 09:54 PM

No, I think that would make him sound like he was just blasting off a bunch of rhetoric. Ron Paul is honest and gets to the root of the problem. If people can't recognize that, then it is at their own risk, and our risk, so we need to help educate them as to why Ron Paul says the things he does. He could educate everybody if they gave him more than 17 seconds.....but he just doesn't get enough time.

dannno
01-30-2008, 09:55 PM
My only beef is that he says the same thing over and over again at each debate. Say something else, Ron! :/ :)

You keep watching the debates over and over, he needs to drive home the message to the new people listening... many or most have not heard it yet.

Xyrus2
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
hey, they cut 50 points today and the stock market remains high. what recession? what depression? that's what the majority think.

Pay attention.

One of the largest bond insurers got downgraded. This caused a massive end of day selloff. Why? Because these insurers back bonds such as sub-prime mortgages and such. If an insurerer can't get the capital to back the bonds, no one buys them as they become far too risky. When no one buys them you have panic, since people can't liquidate. This causes all sorts of problems.

The rate cuts are not going to stimulate the economy. The market fundamentals all point down. Flooding the market with cash is going to just add to more inflation. We are dancing very close to a line known as stagflation. If the Fed doesn't start thinking here shortly, we could feel the same pain the Japanese market did.

Screwing with the market is like screwing with the world. The law of unintended consequences is always ready to smack you down.

~X~

thomaseusin
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Despite the lack of airtime, I think this debate benefited RP more than ever with the bickering between the 2 children.. Presidential? I think not!

hummtide
01-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Pay attention.

One of the largest bond insurers got downgraded. This caused a massive end of day selloff. Why? Because these insurers back bonds such as sub-prime mortgages and such. If an insurerer can't get the capital to back the bonds, no one buys them as they become far too risky. When no one buys them you have panic, since people can't liquidate. This causes all sorts of problems.

The rate cuts are not going to stimulate the economy. The market fundamentals all point down. Flooding the market with cash is going to just add to more inflation. We are dancing very close to a line known as stagflation. If the Fed doesn't start thinking here shortly, we could feel the same pain the Japanese market did.

Screwing with the market is like screwing with the world. The law of unintended consequences is always ready to smack you down.

~X~
'
You thought the banks had writeoffs! Just wait til you see how many insurers of those mortgage companies go under! It will be 3 times as much loss!

traitorist
01-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Pay attention.

~X~
i am paying attention, but the voting majority wants to know what does Britney have to do with it all?

PepperdotNet
01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
So what, the banks are just losing WHAT THEY CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR.

raystone
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM
but he just doesn't get enough time.

BS, he's still a political candidate. They must be able to speak their message on an issue at a 6th grade message for the public other than us, in 2 minutes or less. And get it to resonate with John Q. Public.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=105735&highlight=stronger+america

N13
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Pay attention.

~X~

This is huge.
http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSN3070300320080131?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

tpreitzel
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
i do also agree that the other candidates are
better prepared than paul, even though they
lie, and don't understand the issues.

The other candidates are better prepared? Personally, I don't think so. The other candidates are rehearsed and more combative, but that doesn't equate with knowing your stuff. Actually, Ron stood out like a sore thumb in this debate which was a very good thing as he looked like the only sane person on stage. McCain came across as vindictive which he is by nature. Romney came across as a flip-flopper which he is by nature. Huckabee came across as a political panderer which he is by nature, e.g. reference to the west coast equivalent of I-95 and echoing Romney's assertion that being governor of a state is more important than being a congressman or senator (nonsense). Intelligence is more important which everyone on that stage lacks except for Ron Paul. :)

mczerone
01-30-2008, 11:07 PM
So what, the banks are just losing WHAT THEY CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR.

"Foreclosure protection" is not protecting homeowners, it lets them stay in their house, but payment is still going to be expected. If it looks like you will have to foreclose, you should probably start looking to downgrade your house, even rent for a while.

Foreclosure protection protects Banks (shorthand throughout for "mortgage lenders"). Think if everyone foreclosed: most families would be inconvenienced, but they would do as I suggested above, and find cheaper places to live, and there may be sad cases of people left homeless, but there are already procedures for people who would be homeless if they lost their house.

Banks, on the other hand, would be stuck with a mass of houses that they own, and are vacant. Banks don't want to be stuck with houses that need upkeep while waiting for them to sell, which would be a while. And the longer they let properties sit, the more run-down they get, the more upkeep they need, and the less you'll make when it eventually sells.

Solution: Banks let people stay in their houses a couple months longer, maybe overlook a missed payment or two and take a slight cut to the profit of the mortgage. But the houses stay up-kept, without having to pay any contractors!

LibertyEagle
02-09-2008, 03:02 PM
i dont get it though... ron just said the president doesnt run the economy and that it isnt his job but yet... thats all he ever talks about. i was kinda hoping he would do better tonight, but i honestly have to say im a little dissapointed

It's not the federal government's job to run the economy. It is their job to make sure we have sound money and keep regulations off our back so we have the opportunity to succeed through our own efforts. It is government going beyond their constitutional boundaries that is screwing up the economy. Paul wants to change that.

Suggested reading on Economics (scroll down in the following page):
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/reading-list3.html

sb10
02-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Intelligence is more important which everyone on that stage lacks except for Ron Paul.

Intelligence is very helpful, but not enough. I would consider Bill Clinton extremely intelligent, for instance - and his wife.

Just my opinion, but I think Ron Paul stands out because he is focused by a guiding principle.

amistybleu
02-12-2008, 01:47 PM

C'mon man, listen to what you said an analize the FACT that in a 90 minute debate he gets about 6 minutes to talk while the others bicker endlessly over shit that pertains to nothing.:confused:

He has done the very best he could and nobody should say that he has been unprepared.:mad:

nightlight
02-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Imagine debates with Ann Coulter, after the Ron Paul awakening happens to her and she runs the next time on his platform.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
To steal and alter an old slogan:

"It's about our Stupid Economy"