PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher

aravoth
05-23-2007, 02:49 PM
FRIDAY, MAY 25TH 11:00 p.m.
Ron Paul on Bill Maher's "Real Time"

Congressman Ron Paul will be in studio this Friday night (11:00 p.m. ET) for an interview with Bill Maher. P.J. O'Rourke and Ben Affleck will join Maher to discuss the issues with Dr. Paul. "Real Time" is on HBO.

Affleck I think, seems like a left leaning libertarian. I saw him on the o'reilly factor a few years back, and he asked great questions, and has campatible views with RP. I think this will be a good one.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I used to love PJ O'Rourke. Haven't read him in a long time.

Someone please, please post it to YouTube. I'll stay up waiting. I have high hopes for this interview.

LibertyOrDie
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM

Someone please, please post it to YouTube. I'll stay up waiting. I have high hopes for this interview.

I think PJ O'Rourke's satire might help give people an ability to see RP's views more aggressive. I mean that is one of RP's qualities that he can say things in a very realistic soft manner, that would come across outlandish coming from someone else (ie When Alex Jones speaks of closing down the Federal Reserve, you will agree with it, but you can't help but think his is losing it - and of course that is what works for him with his listners).

Pizza God
05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't think Bill will attack him with Civil War stuff this time. Specially after his last show defending him. Looks like he did his homework.

and yes, someone put it on youtube asap, I too don't have cable and can't see it otherwise.

ronpaulitician
05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
O'Rourke has been on Maher a couple of times. He's always VERY good.

Therion
05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Too bad most of Maher's viewers aren't Republican. Maybe if RP can inspire them to switch parties... :)

TheConstitutionLives
05-23-2007, 05:36 PM
so if it's just the three of them plus Bill, that means that RP is on for the entire hour I guess?

ronpaulitician
05-23-2007, 05:42 PM
so if it's just the three of them plus Bill, that means that RP is on for the entire hour I guess?
Not necessarily. The show's not always good at listing the three panel guests. Sometimes they only list two, and list a third an studio guest (without specifying that guest as such).

Erazmus
05-23-2007, 05:59 PM
I watched Real Time every week, however I moved and don't have cable yet. I too will be patiently waiting for this on UTube.

TheConstitutionLives
05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I emailed Andrew Sullivan last night and suggested that he go on the show too since he's a bigtime blogger, been supporting RP, and is often a guest on that show anyway. He may be that 3rd guest. I hope so!

ronpaulitician
05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
If you live in or near Los Angeles, we're planning a rally at CBS studios tomorrow, in support of Ron Paul.

Here are the details for the show:

Date: Friday, May 25, 2007
Location: CBS TV City, 7800 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Time: 7pm arrival for 8pm live show (PST).

kylejack
05-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Why at the studios, anyway?

ronpaulitician
05-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Why at the studios, anyway?
Hoping to get Maher to ask his camera crew to provide him with a shot of the supporters outside? (showing viewers that it's not we're not just a bunch of geeks hunched over keyboards, stuffing online ballots)

Hoping to get to see Ron Paul in person?

Hoping to shake Dr. Paul's hand?

All of the above?

hambone1982
05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
If you live in or near Los Angeles, we're planning a rally at CBS studios tomorrow, in support of Ron Paul.

Here are the details for the show:

Date: Friday, May 25, 2007
Location: CBS TV City, 7800 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Time: 7pm arrival for 8pm live show (PST).

I live about an hour away....I'm strongly considering fighting the traffic to come up. How many people will be there?

ronpaulitician
05-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I live about an hour away....I'm strongly considering fighting the traffic to come up. How many people will be there?
I'll try to get the people organizing the rally to post here to let you know how many people we should expect to show up.

swatmc
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned, but it would be great if Ron Paul had some supporters in the audience.

ronpaulitician
05-24-2007, 12:39 PM
For tickets:

"If you're going to be in the LA area and would like to be a part of the Real Time With Bill Maher studio audience, call 323-575-4321."

I just left a message myself. It would indeed be good to have some RP support in the audience.

ronpaulitician
05-24-2007, 02:05 PM
We're up to about 25 people at the moment.

propanes
05-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Is Ron Paul in Los Angeles tomorrow? Or over satelite connection? Thanks

angelatc
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
The radio interview with his campaign guy said that RP was flying in tomorrow am.

ronpaulitician
05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Is Ron Paul in Los Angeles tomorrow? Or over satelite connection? Thanks
He'll be in LA.

We're not sure if he'll be a 3-5 minute guest or a panel member.

Apparently, it's the last show of the season, and they're all out of tickets. We're trying to get our hands on at least a few of them, so that we can represent RP in the audience as well as outside the studio.